“Going downhill...”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I will say that I used to love this Cracker Barrel! Food was always excellent, service was always quick, and always had good dessert choices. Now, the food all tastes like it's out of a can and it takes entirely too long to receive your meal.

On this particular trip my nephew waited about 15 minutes for a glass of water. My green beans were completely overcooked, the dumplings were very sticky and doughy almost like a ball of paste. Nearly everyone at our table had something wrong with their food--whether it be undercooked, overcooked, or things just completely missing.

Based off the last 5-10 visits, I cannot recommend this restaurant anymore.

I heard they have new management over the last 6 months to a year and that could be part of the problem. Maybe give it a try and see if you have a better experience because it used to be a great Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Food was good, typical cracker barrel food. The biscuits and muffins usually come out a little before the main meal, but not here. Our waitress was really slow and seemed to be more interested in one of the male mgrs on duty than her customers. We also thought it was strange that they didn't have the fireplace going. This is the first time I've ever been in a CB w/ no fire, even in summer.

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

The reviews weren't great but we were hungry. Immediately greeted even though busy. Got a table quickly and Jolisa was there instantly to take our bev order. Food came fast and hot which was cooked perfectly.Back on the road im less than 40 minutes and we never said we were in hurry which is a plus.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were greeted by an employee when we entered the store. We only waited a few moments to be seated by another friendly staff member. We had to wait a little long to get our food which was not very hot. The "sweet tea" was not sweet at all. The Sprite was very good and did not have that nasty "fountain" taste. The pork chop was a little thin and dry. The mashed potatoes were good. The bacon and cheese bbq wrapped chicken was pretty good. The waiter brought us corn muffins and biscuits but we had to ask for the butter. I did not get a "satisfied full" experience from this meal. Maybe next time I will just stick to the breakfast menu.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great food, great service. Love the deals in the store. Breakfast all day, good options. Food is always great. We like to meet family members here for a quick meal. The Sunday chicken special is a family favorite as well as the Chocolate Cola cake. YUM!

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!