“Excellent Motel to stay in”

Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this motel. This was my second visit, and it was like coming home each night. Gloria, Allison, and Jennifer were very kind and helpful. The sales manager was very helpful as well. Even the maids were kind, thoughtful, and considerate. I enjoyed the happy hour on the early nights of the week. I would highly recommend this hotel, and expect to stay there again on my next visit to Monroe, NC>

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Allison M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for your great review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us for so long and we loved seeing and talking to you everyday as well! We cant wait to see you again!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We arrived for a late night check-in and very tired from a long emotional day due to a sick family member in the local hospital. From the check-in to departure, we received wonderful service. The room, lobby, breakfast, and staff were excellent! If you ever pass through Monroe--this Hampton Inn is the perfect place to rest!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Allison M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Martha D,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel and for the wonderful review! I am sorry for the reason that brought you to our area and hope your family member is feeling better! Our staff does genuinely love helping our guests and thank you for the kind words. If you are ever in the Monroe area again please stop in to see us!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were in town for a family wedding and were very satisfied with the Hampton Inn in Monroe...The breakfast room was fabulous for hanging out and visiting with other family members in between the wedding festivities...the rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet...and the staff was fabulous...helpful, happy and friendly

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Pattyb,

Thank you so much for your kind words in your review of our hotel and your experience with us! I will be certain to pass this along to our staff. We love hearing first hand feedback from our guests! We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I don't usually review based on staff...a check in is a check in, a made bed is a made bed. The Monroe Hampton, however, changed my view on that. Simply outstanding people! We were in town for a hockey tournament (read: 18 crazy twelve year old boys tearing around at 10pm and up for breakfast at 530am, packed into rooms bursting with gear and luggage) and I was so impressed by how they worked with us. Courteous, pleasant, efficient...again, all expected but they exceeded all of those descriptives on numerous occasions throughout the weekend.

A Hampton is usually just that: A Hampton. The Monroe Hampton was different and superior because of its staff from housekeeping to front desk and everywhere in between.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear FredScout,

Thank so much for staying with us and reviewing our hotel! I will pass your comments along to our staff and they will be thrilled to know of your great experience with us as well! Also, I must add that we thoroughly enjoyed your kids and the parents also. Your team was one of the best we have had and we enjoyed your time here with us! Good luck and succes in future tournaments!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

As I write I am sitting propped on two pillows with another behind me because the desk chair is so short I can't get anywhere near a position to work on my laptop or do my paperwork comfortably. Additionally, the air conditioning unit is right next to the desk so that the air blows directly one anyone trying to work. The room is warm right now, but the air from the unit is too distracting to turn the AC down. Also, the way the room is set up, the TV cannot be viewed from the desk without the obstruction of the microwave/fridge cabinet.

All of that said, I have stayed at the Best Western and the Quality Suites just down the road on earlier trips. With both of those hotels I had problems with other people at the hotels leaving their doors open...generally several rooms next to one another. There was a party atmosphere with smoking in the walkways and stairs, loud talking and foul language. I was not comfortable walking outside my room after dark.

At least with the Hampton you have doors on the inside of the building. I feel much safer, and it is much quieter and less smelly.

A big kudo does go to the very nice manager, Sara, who was on duty when I checked in tonight. Always nice to have someone at the desk who seems happy to help.

Room Tip: Pick the second or third floor to avoid headlights in your room at night. Also, make sure to ask for...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Allison M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Fuzzyverts,
Thank you for your stay with us and your review of our hotel! Thank you for pointing out area's that we can improve on to make a better guest experience for all of our guests. We do understand there is an issue with our guest room desk chairs and are working to correct it. Thank you for mentioning Sarah in your review. She is a guest favorite and knows our area well and is always a delight to our guests. She is from this area and is a great resource for local favorites!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

TV very delayed in coming on. Elevator floor unclean. Hotel showed signs of wear & tear, very tired decor & furnishings. Housekeeping needs to be improved.

Management allowed teenage guests to run wild through halls, & up & down steps. They also played with the elevator preventing other guests easy access to elevator.
Senior citizens were afraid we would be knocked down by the rough play.

Parking lot had standing water daily which was not from rain.

I requested one extra night. Attendant said she would call to let me know if it was approved from the 800 Reservation Dept,....She never called, I had to ask at the desk if my request was
honored.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Garland2013,
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel and for staying with us. I would like to address the noise issue's you experienced. There was a large hockey tournament in town during your stay and we did try to prevent the noise problems as best we could as well as we hired security to take care of any occurences. This was not a typical weekend that you stayed and I do apologize for any inconvenience. While I can't change your experience with us I do hope you will give us another chance if you are in the Monroe area again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have stayed in this hotel approximately 2 dozen times over the last 8 years. It has consistently been a pleasant and comfortable experience. The staff is courteous and helpful, and the beds are the most comfortable in the industry.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Allison M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Brian K,
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to have you stay with us so many times over the years and thank you for being a loyal guest. I hope you noticed on your recent stay with us our upgraded hot breakfast. It has been a huge hit with our guests! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
#6 of 8 in Monroe
Courtyard Charlotte Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe? Share your experiences!