“Rodeo weekend”
Review of Jameson Inn Monroe

Jameson Inn Monroe
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Made the reservation through trip advisor and was told it had an indoor pool it did was not working. The carpets were stained but room was average on being clean. Our room key worked at first and then it would not we had to leave it unlocked to get back in and then maintence came put in new lock.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations-KK, Guest Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Beverly,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us at the Jameson Inn Hotel in Monroe, NC. We appreciate your feedback, as we strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible. I apologize there was a maintenance issue with your door lock and I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to resolve the problem. I would also like to apologize about the confusion regarding our swimming pool. The hotel has a non-heated, indoor/outdoor pool, which is open seasonally for guests to enjoy. We hope that the next time you need a hotel in Monroe, you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you back.
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Jameson Inn - Monroe, NC Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Sometimes inexpensive is good ... but not in this case. Ok, so at $50-60 per night you aren't really looking for a place with all the amenities but you do expect a relatively clean place. Not so here. The exterior and interior of this chain is what you would expect with an exception or two. All exterior room entrances. Pool not functioning. Driveway sign broken. Stains on the sheets. Stains on the pillows. Stains on the carpet. The bathroom, however, was relatively clean and I didn't feel as if I were in a nasty motel but rather a hotel that failed to ensure the facilities were clean and stain free. I should note that I requested an upper floor end of hall. Received first floor middle of hall. I have stayed in worse places but I'll have to admit most of those were in a combat zone. Not gross enough to leave but substandard enough not to return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations-KK, Guest Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear NCEddie,
Thank you for your recent review of our Jameson Inn Hotel in Monroe NC. We do value your feedback and appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay. I’ve let our hotel management know about these issues, and we’re taking steps to address them. I sincerely apologize that your stay didn’t meet your expectations and that we did not have a room available where you requested. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Monroe North Carolina.
Best wishes,
Jameson Inn – Monroe, NC Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2014

It's the best one in Monroe for your Money the staff is AweSome would Stay again! !!! I stayed three nights and the room is great the bathtubs kinda small but great water pressure!!!! Awesome place to stay :)

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank tiffany242014
Online_Media_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Tiffany,
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel in Monroe NC. We are so glad you found our Jameson Inn Monroe NC hotel comfortable and affordable. We hope you’ll come visit us again soon the next time you need a hotel in Monroe North Carolina.
Thanks again,
Jameson Inn Monroe, NC Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I specifically requested a room with a jacuzzi tub because I knew it would be cold out and wanted a nice hot bath. Good thing I travel with cleaning supplies. There was hair in the tub so since it was around midnight when I found this, I just went ahead and cleaned it myself. In doing so, the tub turned at least 3 shades lighter in color from me scrubbing the body funk out of it. The jets were disgusting. There was coffee on the bathroom counter, cobwebs in every corner, chip crumbs in the foldout sofa bed, spots on the mirror, carpet wasn't vacuumed, hair everywhere... just UGH! And the creepiest thing of all was that the tv was already on when we came into the room. I didn't notice how dirty the room was when we first got there because we just put our stuff in there and left again and didn't come back til around midnight, by which time it was already too late to do anything about it. Then when I went to the front desk the next morning to check out, there wasn't even anyone in the office. No one came for me to check out even after ringing the bell a couple times and waiting for almost 15 minutes so I had to just snag a sticky note and write my name and room # on it and stick it to my key and set it over the counter by the computer. Horrible and will never stay again. The lady at the desk the previous day wasnt completely rude just seemed like she mightve been having a bad day and maybe didnt like her job.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations-KK, Guest Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

​Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay, I'm sorry you didn't have a typical Jameson experience. We appreciate your comments and are taking them extremely serious. We are taken measures to ensure that our guests always receive a clean and comfortable room. Again, we appreciate you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We hope the rest of your trip to Monroe, NC went well.
Jameson Inn Monroe NC Hotel

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Don't stay here, this stay was my worst experience ever. The room smelled, was dirty and the toilet ran during the night. The bed linen was dingy, which I took off and the bed mattress was old and lumpy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this comfortably appointed hotel. The staff is awesome and goes the extra mile. There was plenty of room and everything was just as advertised. Thanks to the staff for help with my camera.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We needed to stay quickly at a hotel in Monroe. We met with some unexpected heavy traffic which foiled our traveling plans. We called and spoke with Doreen who was so incredibly helpful. We were given a room on the first floor which was nice b/c it was raining terribly. The room was clean , a bit outdated but clean. There was a jacuzzi tub in our room, which made my teen happy after driving for 24 hours. We were in a non smoking room, which had been smoked in,it was noticeable but not terrible. and when I called the desk to let her know she noted it immediately. When I went down for breakfast in the morning (which had a great selection for everyone in the family) , I also let the GM at the desk know about the smoke smell and he showed me where it was written down the night before. He was very accommodating and offered apologies. The pool was fantastic - salt water indoor/outdoor a very nice surprise!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank machic13
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear guest.

I am sorry to hear about the room smoke oder. We do try our hardest to keep smoking to only those rooms designated as smoking rooms. However I am glad to hear you joined us for breakfast and did enjoy the use of our pool.

Joe S
Jameson Inn Monroe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
Econolodge & Suites
Econolodge & Suites
#10 of 12 in Matthews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Monroe

Been to Jameson Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!