“Great Food - Great Service”
Review of Olive Garden

Cuisines: Italian
Description: New to Monroe. Just opened in January
Description: New to Monroe. Just opened in January
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I had pretty much decided what we wanted to eat until the waiter pointed out the existing specials of unending bowls of pasta. These were actually less expensive than the same meals, We expected relatively small bowls of pasta on the first service, but instead were given a very ample portion of pasta that was more than enough to fill us up. The salads is always delicious and the pasta was excellent. The waiter frequently asked if we needed anything. We were very pleased with this Olive Garden.

1  Thank David E

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We bought a car last night and were starving when we left the dealership, and had a sleepy, hungry baby. We settled on OG because it was close and we wanted to have the yummy salad. Monica was our server and she was very attentive and paid attention to our baby, which we love to see! We had the calamari for our starter and it was incredibly tender and lightly breaded. Perfect, as always. We both had the delicious salad as well, and could have stopped there, but my husband had the Tour de Mare, which was yummy, but what I got, the Bucatini was the best dish I have ever had at OG. I saved room for the best part, though. My entree came with a small dessert of my choice - Chocolate Mousse. It was amazing. Best mousse ever! Monica was a joy and I'm happy we had a friendly face to take care of us after such a stressful car-buying experience.

2  Thank Nickki R
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My sister and I had to wait a long time which could have been a function of our timing. I ordered Portofino pasta. It had a very thick sauce, it could have used more wine or cream in the sauce. The flavor was good though. I was brought the wrong wine, but took what our server brought because I already had my dinner and didn't want to wait any longer. The bright side was the wrong wine was the best part of the meal. (my choice of wine was the same price as what she brought!)

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We were a party of five and were seated imeadiatly. Waitress was extra friendly and had our drink orders and salads to us in less than five minutes. Food was served hot wiithin about twenty minutes of our salads. ...this location gets very busy after about 6PM so getting there a little earlier cuts down on the time you wait on getting a table.

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

This is the second chance we gave this location thinking perhaps the last time was just an "off" day. We were seated today by an employee whose clothes were much far too small. It is not appetizing to see an overweight person whose belly is bursting out of their clothing. My food was cold and had to be sent back and out salad had huge pieces of lettuce including the core. The waitress was indifferent and poured sweet tea in my glass rather than unsweetened. We both got sick about an hour after leaving the restaurant. This is THE worst Olive Garden I have ever been to.

2  Thank skysis

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!