“Pleasant stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Spent one night there during the week, not sure why everyone's complaining about the water damage. Besides not being able to use the exercise room had no negative thoughts on this hotel. Great staff, really nice breakfast.
We will definitely return. They even have room for large vehicles parking next-door.

Stayed August 2014
Kim P, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review and kind words. Please come back and stay with us again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We ended up staying here a day or so after the sewer backup. We were driving out to Charlotte when we heard from family that had already arrived that there was a "flood" and that some of the amenities were out. Without much other choice, we headed out anyway. After we checked-in, we found out that the "flood" was actually a sewage backup. There was a heavy smell of sanitizer (although it could have been worse!) The fitness area was closed, the pool was shutdown and the first floor was pretty much off limits. The next day, crews were in and tore out the bottom foot of all of the walls, exposing insulation, screws and sharp metal pieces. Normally not a huge deal except for being unsightly, but I was there with two small children that needed picked up and carried over the work area. The work crews had all of their tools left around, and we ended up having to step over plugged in reciprocating saws and other power tools to get through the hallways. To make matters worse, the power went off one of the days when I had stayed behind with a napping baby. The pool did open the second day, but the fitness room was closed for the duration. I felt the staff could have called us to let us know of the issues before check-in. A flood is a very different health issue than a sewage backup. I agree with Kathy W's review that the hotel could have offered a discount on the rate- I intend on taking it up with my credit card company. I was told that the hotel owners were not willing to offer discounts. Even without the "flood", the rooms were in poor shape and not cleaned well. (Nobody likes those remnant "mystery hairs" from the last person who used the bathtub.) Also got an earful from the housekeeping staff for not being able to leave the room sooner than 5 minutes for them to clean it. To confound issues, a manager was not available for at least 2 of 3 days of my stay. Overall, I would strongly advise against this hotel chain. My calls to corporate have not been returned, and (believe it or not), I am typically a very easy-going traveler.

Room Tip: Try the Super8 next door.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rachel L
Kim P, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I am so sorry for your experience here at the Wingate by Wyndham. Unfortunately, this was an act of nature and could not be avoided. We were put into a bad situation and thought we made the best of it. We offered all of our guests breakfast at the Cracker Barrel next door on us.. However, I do understand that the inconvenience of the pool and the fitness center being closed was, but we were able to reopen the pool on Friday afternoon. I do admit there were many people and a variety of tools around the hotel because we had to remove the walls as you said. The good that will come from all of this is that the first floor will be completely redone and will look brand new. I can only hope that you give us another chance to show you what our hotels should be like. Please come again.
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here on a drive back from Myrtle Beach with my six year old. Pleasant staff, clean room, and decent free breakfast. My only complaint was that I've come to expect a better quality, pillowtop mattress from business class hotels in this price range. With a day of driving coming up, I'm wishing i had picked one of the other business class hotels in the area. Oh well. Such is life, and it wasn't a terrible bed, just not great. In general, though, not bad. It was quiet, clean, and mostly comfortable. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kim P, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the bed you stayed in was uncomfortable. We have mixed reviews on them, some people love them and so not so much. Please come back and see us again soon!
Canton, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Overall, the stay was ok. The sewer backed up into the hotel's first floor the second night we were there. That made it very smelly and inconvenient for a few days. I wanted to move due to the smell but there were not a lot of hotels with availability within 15 miles. We did decide to stay but the lower lever of the hotel still had the effects from the flood and could not serve food. The Hotel accommodated breakfast by giving vouchers for Crackle Barrel across the street. The sewer smell was gone by the next evening but the lower level rooms were still plastic'ed off so that you could not go down them. It did not look very attractive. The hotel should have given the people who stayed that first night a complimentary room due to the conditions of the hotel that night. Guests had to walk through the sewer water to get to the stairway if they had rooms on the upper floors. In general, The hotel lobby furniture needs a good cleaning as well as the furniture in the room. Old stains could be seen on the furniture and I didn't want to sit down on it. Also the carpet in the room showed signs of wear and dirt. Everything in the room was in working order and the breakfast the first morning was good. I am travel agent and regretfully, I would have a hard time booking clients into this hotel after this experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am so sorry for the inconvenience and experience you had at our hotel. It was a very costly and unforseen circumstance for all of guests and of course our staff. We are currently renovating what was damaged, however it will be a process and take some time. Please come back and visit us again in about a month or so and see how beautiful the hotel had turned out.