“Great Service in this cozy hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed 19 April 2011

To begin my story with " it was a dark and stormy night" is not an understatement. Trying to return home to Asheville NC, I was caught between two storm cells spawning tornados. I got off at an exit where I found the Hilton Garden Inn
First impressions were wonderful. Cozy fireplace in the lobby and nice ambiance. I was greeted by lovely Courtney who opened the business center so I could check the radar to hopefully find a clear route home. My mind was pretty well made up to stay when upon returning to the desk I was greeted by Melvin. He was so kind. He took one look at me and said I was making the right decision. He had been off at 6:00 and heading home to Charlotte called his mother who told him to go back to work because the weather was horrible. At this point another family came in and one look at them and I knew I was going nowhere.
Because I am a light sleeper and not expecting to need them, I had left ear plugs at home. Both Courtney and Melvin were so kind and patient while I was checking rooms for the quiet factor. Courtney offered to help me move my things and even came to check on me to see if I was okay.
I loved my room. I loved that tea bags were available. I loved that the vanity kit had a flossing stick as I had also forgotten to pack floss. The bathroom products were excellent quality. The bed was comfortable and I had a lovely evening. I felt safe and tucked in. I slept great and since the shower had good water pressure, I enjoyed a lovely shower the next morning.
Melvin had given me a coupon for breakfast. I enjoyed a delicious and perfectly cooked omelet with bacon, hash browns fresh fruit and herb tea. Just a perfect start to my journey home.
This was my first stay at a Hilton Garden but it will not be my last. I usually opt for a Hampton or La Quinta but Hilton Garden will now be my top choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mwjack
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! We are happy to know the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Mooresville is your new #1.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

I highly recommend this hotel. Beautiful. The staff was not only courteous, but went beyond the call of duty to accommodate us. My husband and I got the Breakfast times mixed up and came down a half hour after breakfast was completed, and the kitchen still made us breakfast-to-order without a hint of being put out. The service & amenities you get are well beyond what we paid for our room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Our associates here at the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Mooresville pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 March 2011

Good location within walking distance to multiple restaurants, and a quick drive to most any restaurant in Mooresville. Staff was great, loved the below ground parking garage.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn
Charlotte/Mooresville. We are glad you liked the the below ground parking garage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

I would absolutely recommend this place for anybody staying in Mooresville for business. The staff made me feel completely at home and the chef would cook up pretty much anything I could think of.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2011

 Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves in being service professionals here at the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Mooresville

Reviewed 29 October 2010

After six months of traveling, we have conclude that for the price HGI provides just what we are looking for in lodging. The amenities are above the standard Hampton Inn and the difference is noticeable. While we found service superb at both Hampton and HGI, the bed, the sheets. Shower head, desk chair and workout facilities are much better at HGI. Good location at this site

• Stayed: October 2010
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2010

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Mooresville, NC and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2010

I loved this hotel. The staff was efficient and friendly. The beds were outrageously comfortable and we loved the flat screen tv with pay per view. I used a AAA discount so they gave me a coupon for $10 off any purchases. I woke early and had the breakfast buffet using my coupon. Then I tried out the well-equipped fitness center. The brand new precor eliptical worked wonderfully. I didn't try they pool or jacuzzi, but they looked nice. I spent 30 minutes in the business center and the internet was very speedy. My son is starting his freshman year at Davidson 10 minutes away. This will definitely be our hotel when visiting him.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2010

During my 2nd single night stay at the HGI with my family, I carried my sleeping kids up from the car and got them into bed. I then went into the bathroom and noticed that there the mouthwash was just about empty and the shampoo was only partially full. I picked up the bottles and noticed the safety seals had been broken (so it wasn't just a leak). I then noticed toothpaste stains on the faucet handle. My bathroom had NOT been fully cleaned from the last guest. I was horrified. My 2 young kids and my husband were already asleep in bed so I chose not to have our room moved. I did lay in bed hoping the bed sheets were CLEAN! The manager wrote me the next week and offered to refund my points (it was a HH redemption). It's been 6 months and I haven't seen the points. I've written the manager back and contacted Hilton Honors and neither have responded.

How disgusting is it to stay in a room that wasn't cleaned? It was gross. The situation only gets worse since Hilton's management refuses to respond back to me. I'm Honors Gold level. I guess that doesn't even help get a response.

I'd stay somewhere else. No one else needs to wonder if their sheets are clean or if someone else put their mouth on their mouthwash.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family