“Good place to stay for a family”

TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good place to stay for a family”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I stayed here overnight while I was making a long road trip. The staff is very helpful and I was impressed as I had never stayed at one of these properties. They seem to cater to individuals who need long term accomodations for relocating. Perfect for families. They have a full fridge, stove, microwave in each room. Indoor pool and great breakfast make it easier for families travelling with children. Love the location, right off the interstate and within walking distance of several restaurants.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Teenage daugher and I were doing the "college Trip" tour through NC. While headed to Davidson, used Marriott points to score a "free" room. I would have gladly paid for the room, especially considering the rest of the rooms we stayed in as we hopped around NC were more expensive (that is, if I were paying regular room rates) and far less comfortable. The hotel is new, exceptionally clean and the service staff were extremely helpful without being intrusive. Our stay was short, but the media room with the :kinnect: was amazing . . .having 2 queens instead of 2 double was great. Full kitchen WOULD have been utilized if we were able to stay longer. Room has lots of closet space and general roominess.

My only negative is that the sink area of the bathroom has no door/curtain to block it from the general room. My daughter was still asleep, and I couldn't turn on a bathroom light without waking her. Small criticism for agreat hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 24 December 2010

I stayed in TownePlace Suites for about 10 days when I was moving to Mooresville and looking for a permanent house. This hotel suited me just fine as it was very close to Lowes which is my work place. The office is about 2 mins drive!!! :-)
I got a room on the 4th floor, facing the I-77. I was very apprehensive that being on the highway side will disturb my sleep and general comfort. But once the windows a properly closed and the heavy curtains are pulled on, there was no noise from the highway.
The room is pretty decent for one person. It comes equipped with a Sofa, a work desk, wired and wireless internet connection, a working kitchen complete with microwave, refrigerator, and dish-washer. Bathroom was spacious and well stocked with towels and other accessories. TV has a decent selection of channels, though in my opinion, having some more channels (HBO) wouldn't hurt. Bed was very comfy with crisp white spreads.
As for other amenities, hotel has an indoor pool, a nice Gym, an entertainment room which has some board games, a large TV, few DVDs, Nintendo Wii (with all attachments) etc. Another nice little thing was a small store stocked with ready to cook stuff. Hotel also has a 2 computer business center (??) with facilities for printing, faxing, copying etc. Breakfast was a standard continental fare. As I stayed for 10 days, I got bored of having the same stuff every day. Probably that's one area where hotel can definitely improve upon.
All in all, I would say, its a nice little place for stay in Mooresville, even more if you are visiting Lowe's HQ.
Staff was really really helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank vinay2543
OH
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed overnight here on our way to Hilton Head and the place was perfect. Beautiful hotel and friendly staff!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This is a very nice, new hotel, but we will likely not stay there again because of the room layout and breakfast selection.

We're Marriott Rewards members, and stay often at Fairfield and Residence Inns. This is the first time we stayed at a TownePlace. The room has a full kitchen, with full size appliances and dishes (almost like a Residence Inn---but there is no oven.) We had a 2 queen suite, which included a table and chairs for 4 people. That was all great.

We're a family of 5, including 3 kids. The room size was fine, and the roll-away I pre-requested was in the room on arrival.

But, the bathroom/bed area layout makes it impossible to use the bathroom at night without disturbing other sleepers. The bathroom has a door only for the toilet and shower; the sink is in the room. The light from both shines directly into the pillow area of the two queen beds. The light switch for the toilet area is in the sink area, so you cannot go into the enclosed area in the dark, then turn on the light (as I've done at some other hotels.)

The breakfast was really continental. No waffle makers. (I had called ahead to ask if they had them, but then they were removed sometime between then and the date we arrived.)

This hotel does seem to be very new....so new that the closets smell like paint and we chose not to put anything in them. The room itself didn't smell if we kept the closets closed. (I received an email from the front desk manager that they are working to remove the smell.)

The staff was friendly and helpful. We got a great rate (directly from Marriott), making this hotel a great value.

The pool looked nice, and there is even a Media room with a Wii, but we did not have time to try either.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank family1991
Washington, DC
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Mooresville for three nights earlier this month while visiting my son at Davidson College and taking in some Wildcat baseball. Because it was graduation weekend, other places I have stayed in the past either did not have rooms or were charging much higher than normal rates. By booking ahead, I was able to obtain a room at the Towne Place Suites for $89/night. The hotel was very nice and the staff exceptionally pleasant. I would happily stay here again.

The hotel opened in the fall of 2009. It is an attractive, clean and modern property. The bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows and a duvet covered with crisp white sheets. There was a large desk with a good desk chair, a small sitting area with a couch, and a flat screen television. The room rate includes complimentary internet access; the wireless access seemed a bit slow, but the wired access was fine. All rooms also have a kitchen equipped with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, cooktop, dishes and a few pans. I didn't try to cook, but was able to reheat leftovers from a restaurant meal one night rather than going out.

The continental breakfast was a pleasant surprise. In addition to the standard cold cereal and pastries, the selection included yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, as well as a waffle maker for making fresh waffles. The bowls of brown sugar, raisins and nuts for adding to the oatmeal were a nice touch. The breakfast at the nearby SpringHill Suites, a sister property to this one, includes more items, but breakfast at the TownePlace Suites was still more than fine. The breakfast area was not large and the tables were relatively close together, but I did not have trouble finding a table any of the three mornings I was there. There is a small store in the lobby open 24 hours/day that carries a wide variety of items, including drinks, snacks and even frozen meals. The desk manager told me they don't yet have a license to sell beer and wine, but should have one soon.

Like many other hotels in this vicinity, the TownePlace Suites backs up to I-77. I am somewhat sensitive to highway noise and asked for a room on a high floor on the side of the hotel away from the highway. It was very quiet. In addition to hearing no highway noise, I also was not bothered by noise from the hallway or adjacent rooms.

The location of the hotel is excellent for visiting Davidson. In the past, I have sometimes stayed at Exit 36, the main Mooresville exit where there are a number of hotels, but the traffic at Exit 36 is horrific and getting from there to the Davidson exit on I-77 also can be very slow. From the TownePlace Suites, it is possible to avoid I-77 altogether and it is just 8 minutes to the Davidson campus via Route 115.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank kgahome
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2010

stopped here with extended family while relocating. suite had all comforts of home, VERY nice and safe location, breakfast was almost to standard Marriott brands complimentary fare, i stayed on a highly discounted rate so i rated value high, not sure what per night/week rate is normally. i would stay here again if i was visiting northern NC, but would rather stay again at the Fairfield an hour north in Elkin. family used indoor pool, clean and safe.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family