“Dissapointed”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
barrie,ontario
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We travelled to Hilton Head Island for a family vacation in march of this year and stopped here for one night. Two months before we left, I booked a 2 bedroom suite thinking this would be great after spending a whole day in a car with two kids. About four days before we left, I received an email confirming my upcoming stay with all of the itinerary details.
When we arrived we were informed that they gave our room away to someone who wanted to stay longer. They said they tried to email me the day before but the email bounced back. In the past, if I've wanted to extend a hotel stay, I have been moved if the room I'm in is reserved.
They tried to compensate by offering us two rooms. They weren't even connecting so I ended up staying with one kid and my husband with the other. I actually wanted to stay somewhere else but after travelling for two days we just wanted to get out of the car.
We were just disappointed with Marriott. We use them all of the time and have never had a problem. We thought they could have done more to make things right for us. It wasn't a great way to start our family vacation.
My son left his ipod in one of the rooms and we didn't realize it was missing until we were about an hour out. I thought no problem, we will call when we get to Hilton head and pick it up on the way through next week. We had to call three times before someone finally called to say they had found it in the parking lot. I made the first phone call Saturday and someone finally called back Wednesday, even though they said they would call back whether they found it or not. We were just glad to get it back and even happier that it still worked seeing as it apparently sat in the pouring rain for a day?? Hmmm.
On a positive note both of our rooms were clean and comfy and the staff we encountered were friendly. I don't think we will book another Marriot again. I wrote a letter to Marriott headquarters the week of march 14th and have yet to hear back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at our property. However, we would like to apologize that your time with us fell below Marriott standards. As a Marriott, we strive to put our guests first and it seems that we have failed to do that this time. I am very sorry your family was moved to a different type of room than you had reserved and that the Ipod situation took longer than necessary. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you and your family in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very clean room. Friendly staff and reasonably priced. Our room was showing it's age, but not to the point of neglect. Being a Marriott property I imagine that it will be getting a refresh soon. I would recommend it for the price and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay at our property. We are extremely pleased to learn that it was so enjoyable and that our staff was so friendly. Again, we appreciate the review and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Port Hawkesbury, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here on our return trip from Florida and found this hotel to be great value for the cost of the King Studio at the Seniors rate.The room was very clean and the breakfast was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel and it is easy to access from the Interstate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at our property! As a Marriott, we strive to deliver the best experience to our guests at a great rate. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Poquoson, Virginia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The TownePlace Suites Marriott in Moorseville was one of the cleanest establishments I have "bunked" with in a long time. My daugther auditions at the North Carolina Dance theatre at least once a year and when we return in 2015 we will stay with TownePlace suites again. Thank you Kelli for your gracious welcome when we checked in so late and a big thank you to Ann who ensured our room was exceptionally clean.

We booked a two double bed room and to my surprise we had an almost full sized refridgerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, dishes and cutlery, and a full sized coffee pot! Having searched in the Intranet for over an hour to find a hotel with a hot tub (great for my daughter's muscles before ballet audtion), TownePlace Suites was one of the few that had one so without reading reviews or checking the "star" status, I booked a room. We stumbled into a little slice of heaven so convenient to Charlotte at a much better price. My daughter and I both loved the breakfast bar, complete with any combination you could ask for.

Being a native of North Carolina, it was a wonderful trip and good to be "home". Thank you for your hospitality and your exceptional services TownePlace Suites! See you next time!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the floor Ann cleans!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give a review on your stay with us. We are so pleased that you stumbled upon our hotel and that your experience was so enjoyable. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to future opportunities to do so.
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my family and the hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are very large and comfortable. Staff is friendly and breakfast is reasonable. Good stay. I would go back to stay there. It is conveniently located too.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us honest feedback on your recent experience at our property! We are thrilled to learn your time with us was enjoyable and that our staff was so accommodating. We look forward to serving you on future visits.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked a king suite for two nights over a weekend because our daughter would be joining us for the second night. This room was large and nice (but not luxurious). The desk clerk could not be more accommodating. We did have a very minor problem in that the TV remote would not work properly. We were impressed with the large amount of storage space (closets and drawers) and the nice fully equipped kitchen.

But we realized that if you pulled out the sofa bed, you could not walk around the bed to get to the bathroom. I would not recommend this room for more than two adults and one child who could sleep on the sofa without pulling it out.

The next day we requested an upgrade to a one bedroom suite and, to our surprise, they said OK, we have room and it is yours. This suite is HUGE and easily accommodates the sofa pulled out in the living room while we slept in the king in the separate bedroom. It could also easily accommodate an extra roll-away or even two.

The rooms (on the 4th and 5th floors on the "back" side facing the medical office buildings) were quiet and very comfortable. The breakfast was one of the better ones included in a room rate. We definitely will check out TownePlace Suites again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
We are pleased to learn your recent stay with us was so enjoyable! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and for the great feedback. It was our pleasure to assist in your needs while staying with us and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future!
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We were traveling from Florida to Ohio after a week's vacation and our one year old decided he was finished with sitting in the car. We typically stay at Marriott's while traveling but have never stayed in a TP before. The price was great and the room was wonderful. We had a king suite with a kitchen. The decor is nice and not outdated. The bed was super comfortable and the room clean and looked brand new. We got to use the pool and hot tub and the were clean, warm, and well maintained. The breakfast was nice, nothing fancy, but it filled our bellies before getting back on the road. All of the staff were friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. They even had bagged breakfasts that they offered us so that we could eat on the road. We will be stopping here again on our way back from our annual Florida vacation.

• Stayed May 2013
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay with us! We are pleased that your first stay at a TownePlace Suites was so enjoyable and that it was with us. As a Marriott hotel, we strive to deliver excellent accommodations and memorable customer service. Thank you for allowing us to do so, and we look forward to serving you on future visits!