Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Im not normally a huge fan of Fairfield Inns, but we were in Mooresville for a soccer tournament and didn't have a better option. I was surprised with this hotel. The front desk staff was super. They had upgraded my room before check-in. Our room was spacious and clean. Having a fridge and a microwave is always a plus. The bed was super comfortable, almost like memory foam. The workout room even had decent equipment and free weights. Breakfast wasn't memorable, but I've seen less offered at more expensive hotels. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recently stayed at this property on business. At first I was taken aback by the older, plain-looking atmosphere, but the stay had its positives and negatives.

Rooms: The highlight of the room is the bed, as it is very comfortable and I slept well. It also has a microwave and fridge, which was nice and very convenient for eating and storing food in the room. It was clean enough. I didn't notice any major cleanliness flaws, however the carpet is hunter green, and very old-looking. It looks worn out, and to be safe I wore flip flops around the room and sprayed the bath tub with lysol before I went in. The bathroom area was VERY plain, no redeeming qualites, and the shower curtain was ripped. I'm sure the housekeeping department does a great job but a colleague of mine found cartons of leftover food in her fridge upon check-in left from the previous guest. Mistakes happen, and I believe they issued her some points when she asked for compensation.

Workout facility: Though I did not have a chance to use this it looked spacious, and had a few various types of machines and a weight rack, lending itself to one of the better workout rooms.

Staff: The staff made the trip!! They were very friendly and accommodating at check-in, asking me for my floor level preference and making sure the room was nice. When they called to follow-up on the room and I asked for more hangers the front desk agent brought them up herself in a matter of what seemed like seconds! Nice job here! The woman putting together the continental breakfast area always had a huge smile on her face and was very welcoming.

Surrounding area: The hotel is right near a Wal-Mart (I walked there) as well as some shops and nearby restaurants. During rush hour the traffic can get kind of crazy around the major roads and backed up at the intersections.

Perks: Free continental breakfast was included in the rate. Though I brought a lot of my own food it was nice to have a place to eat in the morning outside of the room.

Room Tip: Apparently the 3rd floor is the most recently renovated?
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

It's a Fairfield, but a pretty good one. Week long stay in May, comfy bed, exceptionally nice friendly front desk staff. Blah breakfast, great location for journeying about the NC countryside, super rate. Wonderful Italian restaurant in adjacent shopping center (Pomodoros). I'll stay here next trip thru NC.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel about half a dozen times for work. It is really not bad at all.

First, the positives. The hotel is clean enough, well-situated, and the front desk staff is awesome, just as other reviews say.

The negatives have to do mostly with the age of the hotel. The lobby is a bit small and sad, and everything is pretty worn out. The breakfast is ok but could use some healthy choices. The window unit air conditioning does not work too well at all, and is inconsistent in maintaining the temperature.

I would give the hotel three TripAdvisor bubbles, but the fourth bubble is there for the staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The staff at this hotel are very nice. The breakfast was well stocked and had lots of choices. The only thing I might say is that the traffic was a bit loud. We were moved on the third night to the back side of the building and it was much quieter. I also would not recommend staying here the third weekend of May because the local high schools have proms. This was a problem for us as the kids in the room next to us were loud and there were other rooms that young people were going in and out of all evening long talking loudly in the hallway. Since the hotel was fully booked they couldn't move us to another room.

Room Tip: ask for a room where you will not be likely to hear the traffic as much.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

It's a wonderful hotel but I only gave it 3 because of water problem. It's quiet and nice with little noise. Rooms are neat and clean. Our 2nd stay we went to check out early because we had a lot more driving to do, up at 4:30 am and no hot water. Nothing like taking a cold shower first thing in the am. So needless to say the other 3 in our party opted out of the cold shower.

I checked at the front desk but she had no knowledge of any problems with the water. I would have at least liked to have heard I am sorry for the inconvenience, but didn't.

I stayed her using my silver elite points. Wonder if that's why I had no water...lol... I used points instead of cash.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RacingPrincess
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed for one night mid-week during March. Our rate was $70 (not sure how much the Marriott rewards program and AAA factored into that rate for 2 people). For the price we couldn't have asked for a better place! When on the road I call ahead to hotels checking for rates and sometimes our decision is influenced by the attitude of the person on the phone. This was the case when we chose the Fairfield Inn. Lisa was very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. When we arrived the clerk (sorry, I forget her name) at the front desk had the same helpful and friendly attitude. We asked for restaurant recommendations and she maintained her pleasant attitude when we continuely tossed her suggestions aside (my husband is allergic to bar-b-que, I don't like Chinese, we prefer mom & pop type restaurants, etc.) Our room was comfortable and clean. The sink area was a little small but sufficient. One of my pet peeves is when you can hear other room doors closing. There was none of that in this Fairfield Inn. It was quiet and we slept very well. There were many selections for breakfast - make your own waffles, jimmy dean sandwiches, muffins, cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit, granola bars, etc. They even had bags available if you needed to grab something to go. For the price this place can't be beat. We make a trip past here once or twice a year - this will be our new lodging stop.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple