Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman
US$84
QualityInn
US$143
SpringHill Suites
TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville(Mooresville)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$110
TownePlace Suites
Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville(Mooresville)(Great Value!)
US$122
Affordable Suites(Mooresville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/06
US$94
US$87
All reviewsfront deskcigar barrestaurant optionschain hotelssmall outdoor poolice packshot and cold itemsworn outbit tricky to findovernight stopthe bed was super comfortableguest serviceshotel experiencewould stay againclose to the hotelsausage pattiesfree breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I needed a half-way place to stay between FL and PA and Mooresville, NC was the place so this stay was almost purely for sleep.
As I parked on arrival I noticed a police car parked at the door :/ and the officer talking to one of the desk clerks and it sounded like there was a recent theft being discussed - the hotel seems to be in a safe location, the staff seems to be caring and friendly, and the other guests seemed to be mostly families and I didn't really feel unsafe at all staying there.
The room was clean and the bed was very VERY comfortable. The bathroom was basic with the shower/tub and toilet separate from the sink and vanity. All were clean and worked well. The microwave and fridge looked brand new and I remember thinking that I wished I could have used them!
In the morning the complimentary breakfast was ready at 6am with the usual waffle-maker, fruit, cereal, and juice selections. Not sure what else was offered for breakfast as I was on the road by 6:15. I have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PASkyGuy
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This place is in a good location. There is a Walmart within walking distance and lots of restaurants. We stayed on first floor and our room was very clean. No complaints. The kids used the pool and had a blast. There is also a small hot tub by the pool. The front desk was very nice. They also had free cookies in the afternoon and other snacks available for purchase. The breakfast was fine, it was the usual. (They did had jimmy dean sausage biscuits you could heat in the microwave.) I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed here with my hubby for three nights during a three weeks trip down to Florida. We wanted to visit the NASCAR garages and speedway during our stay and this is a wonderfully located hotel close to the 77 without staying in Charlotte. I am a member of the Marriott Rewards program, so having enough points, our stay did not cost us a dime. We received the same excellent service from the staff than a paying customer. Being a member, we got a beautiful room at the other end of the hotel so not to be bothered by the highway noise. Friendly staff, nice room with mini fridge and microwave, free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast - can't ask for more. **You can take the back roads to drive in to Charlotte if you want to avoid the morning traffic, and the views of the countryside are georgous (takes approx. 45 mins).

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the other end of the hotel so not to be bothered by the highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SylvieFrancois444
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Im not normally a huge fan of Fairfield Inns, but we were in Mooresville for a soccer tournament and didn't have a better option. I was surprised with this hotel. The front desk staff was super. They had upgraded my room before check-in. Our room was spacious and clean. Having a fridge and a microwave is always a plus. The bed was super comfortable, almost like memory foam. The workout room even had decent equipment and free weights. Breakfast wasn't memorable, but I've seen less offered at more expensive hotels. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recently stayed at this property on business. At first I was taken aback by the older, plain-looking atmosphere, but the stay had its positives and negatives.

Rooms: The highlight of the room is the bed, as it is very comfortable and I slept well. It also has a microwave and fridge, which was nice and very convenient for eating and storing food in the room. It was clean enough. I didn't notice any major cleanliness flaws, however the carpet is hunter green, and very old-looking. It looks worn out, and to be safe I wore flip flops around the room and sprayed the bath tub with lysol before I went in. The bathroom area was VERY plain, no redeeming qualites, and the shower curtain was ripped. I'm sure the housekeeping department does a great job but a colleague of mine found cartons of leftover food in her fridge upon check-in left from the previous guest. Mistakes happen, and I believe they issued her some points when she asked for compensation.

Workout facility: Though I did not have a chance to use this it looked spacious, and had a few various types of machines and a weight rack, lending itself to one of the better workout rooms.

Staff: The staff made the trip!! They were very friendly and accommodating at check-in, asking me for my floor level preference and making sure the room was nice. When they called to follow-up on the room and I asked for more hangers the front desk agent brought them up herself in a matter of what seemed like seconds! Nice job here! The woman putting together the continental breakfast area always had a huge smile on her face and was very welcoming.

Surrounding area: The hotel is right near a Wal-Mart (I walked there) as well as some shops and nearby restaurants. During rush hour the traffic can get kind of crazy around the major roads and backed up at the intersections.

Perks: Free continental breakfast was included in the rate. Though I brought a lot of my own food it was nice to have a place to eat in the morning outside of the room.

Room Tip: Apparently the 3rd floor is the most recently renovated?
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business