“Pleasant stay, good value = Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This was our first stay at the Charlotte Mooresville/ Lake Norman Fairfield Inn and found it to be a most enjoyable night. It is in a busy area off the main drag in Mooresville and Rt. 77 but our room was quiet with no outside noise problems.
We arrived early 12:00 noon and our room was not ready as the hotel was fully booked the night before due to it being race week in Charlotte. However we did get a warm welcome as a rewards member and when we returned it was a efficient friendly check in amid pleasant surroundings in the lobby and dining area although you could tell it had been crowded and heavily utilized earlier that day.
Room and bath were spotless, fully supplied and everything in working order.
Breakfast included the normal offerings, not gourmet, but hot and plentiful with oatmeal, scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Serving area and tables were kept clean and well organized.
Overall a very pleasant stay and a great value.

Room Tip: Third floor away from elevators had no road noise or internal issues.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stopped and stayed overnight at the Marriott Fairfield just off I-77 along rt 150 in Mooresville. It was very clean and roomy, great for overnight or a couple of night's stay, especially if you're busy away from the hotel.
We didn't eat @ the complimentary breakfast due to going out to breakfast at a local restaurant with some family members but it did seem well stocked.
Worth the money to stay.

Room Tip: We faced the front of the building. Either view is fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The front desk employees and employees in charge of the breakfasts were exceedingly friendly. The included continental breakfast was good. There are a lot of restaurants and things to do in the general vicinity of the hotel. It's location is very convenient.

There was a fairly large group of noisy children staying at the hotel the same time as my visit. I frequently saw them running up and down the halls and horse-playing in the lobby.

On my last morning before checking out, I was awoken very early by housekeepers talking to each other in the hallway casually for a long period and clanking trash bags filled with glass bottles around. Also, they tried to get into my room on 2 different occasions even though it wasn't check out time yet and I was still sleeping because I had a late night the previous night. Can they not tell who has checked out already and who hasn't? I guess I should have put my "do not disturb" tag on the doorknob.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms that are near the elevator and try to get a room on the front side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked this hotel online as a stopover on a drive down to Florida. This is a Smoke Free hotel. The hotel itself is nice. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. There was a large group staying there that was comprised of young teens and their families. Having been "those people" in the past ourselves, we requested a room far away from the group. The internet on the 3rd floor was a bit sluggish. The room was neat and clean. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows, but was pretty skimpy on the blankets. I'm finding this to be the trend in most hotels lately so I carry an old quilt in case it's chilly. Which, unfortunately, we left behind. But I called that afternoon and they were happy to hold on to it for me until the next week when we would be passing through again on our way home. Nice! Breakfast was typical of hotels, nothing special. There are plenty of places to eat in the area. We stopped at a Panera down the road on our way out. There was also an Applebee's, Wendy's, and Chic-Fil-A nearby just to name a few. The only problem we encountered here was the congested roads.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

VERY CLEAN!! VERY NICE!! This is a very quiet hotel considering that it sit right off of the highway. The staff was super friendly and the rooms were very neat and clean. The breakfast bar was typical for the Fairfield Inn and the eating area was nice and clean. Beds were cozy and comfortable. This hotel rightfully earns its five stars. Thanks for making our stay worth the while!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel has Comfortable beds, clean rooms and a decent breakfast. Wouldn't stay here with my family but a decent business night stay. Close to the interstate but can't hear the noise. Will stay again

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This year it seems I am spending more and more nights at FairField Inns. I must say this one is one of the best. Friendly staff, extremely clean and spacious rooms, FAST INTERNET. Overall this stay was fantastic. The only down side of the hotel is the restrooms are a little small. If you need lots of room you wont be happy. However, I will be back.

Room Tip: I was on teh 3rd floor and the room was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Mr. McMullen,

It is great news to know that you have been enjoying the Fairfield Inn brands during your recent travels. Our Fairfield Inn works diligently to provide great customer service, a clean room for relaxing and conveniences that will help make your stay a productive one. Our spacious guestrooms feature deluxe bedding, wireless high speed internet access, a separate vanity for privacy and all in a smoke-free environment. Guests may enjoy our deluxe complimentary hot breakfast. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stop in again when traveling to our area.

Tonya Thompson