“a sanitation grade of 90 ? read what the health department had to say read all of the post unless you like bacteria”
Review of Epic Chophouse

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #4 of 267 Restaurants in Mooresville
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

well, folks another bang up job for the so called owner/gm of the epic chop house, for those visiting nc a sanitation grade of 90 is not good at all if it where my restaurant the chef would not have a job and if i was the gm and wonder if i had the qualifications of being a gm, what im going to say is public record just go to the iredell county health department and find the sanitation grades and go to epic chop house violations well, # 1 drinking, eating or use of tobacco and open container where food is prepared #2 no towels or soap by the hand sink where you are to wash your ok you saying no big deal right # 3 dont store raw chicken over ready to eat food such as fruit vegetables and ready to eat meat nothing like getting alitte juice with you salad #4 girts and mash potato mix (what is that powder???) cooling at 48 degrees not a good temp more bacteria # 5 potentially hazardous food and thats quote ribs had to be thrown out!!!!! # 6 again potentially hazardous food folks food is not marked god how old it is the made them throw out chicken ribs and potatoes and several items were thrown out people unless you want to get sick go there i will NEVER god luck god be with you! i had to put my visit time to post i didnt i watch the sanitation scores here in town also if you go by law the are supposed to post the score my people said it wasnt so???

3 Thank chris b
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Chris B,
Our score is always posted. It is located by the bar with all of our other permits and licenses. We have the best Board of Health in downtown Mooresville. Our inspector Gail Derwort should be an example for all inspectors. The details of our review are available on-line. Even though our violations were due much in part with the monthly maintenance of our refrigeration, our service person was trying to assist us by replacing the items that he had to move from the shelves to maintain our equipment and he is not versed on the health code. Temperature standards were due to daily prepped product that did not reach holding temp yet. I offer you an explanation but no excuses. Being that our scores are usually around the 98 mark, Gail will be returning to our restaurant shortly to re-inspect us. This was not a proud moment in the history of Epic Chophouse. Although 90 is a passing score, it is not acceptable by our standards either. Like you, we like to keep our standards high. As always Chris, it is a pleasure to hear from you.

Best Regards
Jim Morasso
General Manager and Owner
Epic Chophouse

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over charged account”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My son and his girlfriend ate here over the weekend. They split a $70 bill on their debit cards. They went to see a movie only to have my sons card denied for insufficient funds. When he checked his account he found that Epic had charged his account $70 and then another $35. He called the manager and was told they were not responsible. It was his error. I then spoke to the manager on Tuesday with the bank statement in hand and was again told they didn't over charge. The manager treated me like a nuisance and refused to help resolve the issue stating the bank was in error and should resolve the issue in maybe 3 business days. I wonder if he would like his paycheck held up for a week? Terrible customer service.

1 Thank 221RebeccaB84
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Rebecca,
Thank you so much for returning my phone call. As we discussed, I think we could have done more to put you and your sons concerns to rest. Debit cards are processed differently from the bank verses a credit card. Any changes to the payment with a debit card holds in what they call a Que until the bank determines that there is no need for those funds. As the transaction went from one card and then to split the bill on two debit card, the bank will hold the funds for both until the process in reconciled with the transaction. I assure you that at no time did Epic Chophouse hold the funds and as we talked about, the bank did release your sons funds back into his account. I look forward to seeing your family back into our restaurant. You have my cell phone number. If you ever have any concerns please do not hesitate to call.

Best Regards to you and your family
Jim Morasso
General Manager & Owner
Epic CHophouse
“Great food!!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere!! We have been there several times. Every time I order the steak and it's always cooked the exact way I ordered it!! Tender, juicy and wonderful flavor. My husband is a fan of the shrimp and grits!!! Great service and great food!!

• Visited September 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Nice way to cap off the evening”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stopped into the Epic Chophouse after an evening at the Mooresville Artist Guild. It was a very nice, relaxing place to share time with friends over a glass of wine. They have a great area in the front that is set up like a living room.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the best in Mooresville”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We've been to Epic a number of times. This is no doubt one of the best retaurants in Mooresville and among the best in the Charlotte area. The food has always been outstanding, the menu has a wide selection, and there is a nice wine list which I consider reaonably priced. There is free valet parking and I pricing is reasonable for the quality of the food and service.