Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mooresville - Lake Norman
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Spent the night in one of the double bed suites. Very pleased with the stay. Very clean room, bed was very comfortable, great breakfast, staff was very friendly. Lobby and food area was extremely inviting and clean. Hotel is very convenient to a lot of the NASCAR race shops and racing museums.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed here on a Friday night as we prepared for a memorial service at Lake Norman.
We had a king room and the room was spotless and had a small fridge and micro-wave. The in room coffee maker is a joke but they have decent coffee available in the lobby.
The free breakfast in the morning was just ok, premade reheated mini omelets and an automated pancake unit. The sausage gravy and suasage patties were decent. I would like to see the breakfast room stay open a bit longer as they close at 9:30 am even on a weekend.
The parking lot of this hotel is way too small for the property forcing some guests (me) to park
in the lot of an adjoining restuarant. The only other issue is they give you a king size bed and very small pillows. The pillows provided were adequate and we may have been able to get more but didn't bother to ask. Ice only on the first floor and the elevator is small and kind of scary, vibrated like crazy with three people on it.
Still a good place to stop if you are traveling the I-77 corridor

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Poplar Bluff, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

Was only there for one night. The rooms were clean. The only problem I encountered was there was no ice machine on my floor, had to go to the first floor for ice, but other than that, it was a good experience

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed here twice during the corse of a month. The first time planned, the second unplanned. the rooms were clean, beds comfortable. I do like the pillow selections. Check in was quick and painless. Toilettries provided are adequate - I did like the make-up remover towelette that was included with the usual shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The only thing I did not like in the room was the shower curtain. Both rooms I stayed in, the shower curtains had visible mold and smelled mildewy.

There's plenty of places nearby to eat for every budget. Being in Race City, I liked the NASCAR theme of the hotel lobby.

Hot breakfast every morning had a good selection and IMHO was a notch above the usual freebie hotel breakfasts. The lobby was a nice area to relax with a book and a hot cup of tea in the early afternoons.

The above and beyond part came into play when I had to stay here unexpectedly in the middle of a relocation to the area. I showed up with out a reservation. the young man at the front desk gave me a more than fair price on a room for the next several nights. the next morning chatting with Robin at the front desk she found out I was looking for a place to live and offered some suggestions and tips about the area. In the course of our conversation she found out where I was going to be working, and offered me their negotiated rate on my remaining nights stay. Everyone at the front desk really helped to make my stay as stress free as possible and I can't thank them enough for it!

Oh, and COOKIES. Fresh baked cookies every afternoon . What's not to love. : )

Room Tip: avoid the rooms right by the elevators. The door DING is quite loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2012

On my way home from ct I stopped over at this hotel. Another great holiday inn with great staff and updated clean rooms. Beds were very comfortable. The young man who showed me a room was delightful. The woman at the front desk was fantastic as well as the manager. What a great man! What a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Lindon, Utah
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Gave me exactly what a business traveler needs - clean and quiet. internet access was good and the location was convenient to hwy and restaurants. My only suggestion/request is that they find a way to provide more electrical plugs. Maybe even add a power strip. This is not unique to this property.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed one night while traveling. Bed was very comfy. Stayed in an accessible suite. Very clean. Furniture could be arranged a little different to better accommodate wheelchair. Good hot breakfast included. For the price it was a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple