Checked into this hotel really late (after 10pm) after driving nearly 12 hours from upstate NY. Booked over the phone after seeing the signage from the gas station, and was surprised to hear a two queen bed suite was only $110 a night, INCLUDING breakfast! At first, I was skeptical, but oh so tired, so we went with it.
Check in was a breeze and we were pleasantly surprised when seeing the room. In the short five minutes between filling up at the gas station and arriving at the hotel, the front desk clerk had already set up a pack and play in the room for us. :-)
The room was HUGE. When you walk in, there is a sofa bed with coffee table and flat screen TV, set up like a living area. Beside that is a small kitchenette area with refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker, and plenty of counter space and shelving to store your own snacks/foods. A large bathroom, very clean, is near next to the kitchenette. The best part of this room is that a door separates the living/kitchenette area from the bedroom, giving the room a feeling of just a little more space and privacy after having been in the car together all day. The main bedroom has two queen beds and ample space for a desk, chair, TV, and pack and play. We could have easily set up another pack and play in this room. The room, even though directly beside the elevator which is usually a big no no for me, was perfectly quiet.
The breakfast bar was probably the best we've had this trip (2 weeks/7 hotels, all ranging from 2 to 4 star). Fresh fruit, coffee, juices, fresh muffins, oatmeal/grits, pancakes, biscuits, gravy, toast/bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage. Seriously, it would have cost my family of six $40-50 for breakfast alone, so a rate of $110 for a suite PLUS breakfast was beyond what I consider to be an excellent value.
To top it off, the breakfast area has a little patio with white picket fence perfect for enjoying breakfast while letting the kids play a bit before getting back on the road. I will say the patio had some minor highway noise, and is not "perfect," but what a treat that the kids didn't have to sit still at a table in a crowded hotel lobby.
This is a great choice, and an excellent bang for the buck, when staying in this area - be it for a road trip one night hotel, or even a longer stay in the Mooresville area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcom to Moorseville, Race City USA, our beautiful hotel is just 5 years old and we offer the best accommodations in Mooresville and the Charlotte Metro area. If you are visiting on business we offer free WIFI internet, a business center and we are located close to Lowes Home Improvement Corporate Headquarters, Lowes Planogram Facility for Lowes Vendors as well as near these fine local companies; Daimler Trucks, Carolina Beer & Beverage, CKS Packaging, Freighliner, UAW United Auto workers, NGK Ceramics, PGI Polymer Group Inc, Cardinal AG, Best Sweets, Southern Container, Duke Energy, TOYO Seal America, AeroDyne Wind Tunnel and PGI Nonwovens. For leisure travelers we offer easy access to I-77 and to over 100 local restaurants. Additionally in Race City USA you can visit NASCAR Race Shops for Penske Racing, DEI Dale Earnhardt Incorporated, Roush Yates Racing, JR Motorsports, Rusty Wallace Inc, Red Bull Racing, NTI Nascar Technical Institute, The NC Racing Hall of Fame, Memory Lane Museum and the Auto Racing Walk of Fame. Davidson College and Mitchell Community College are located nearby. Relax in Downtown Mooresville with our quaint shops pubs, Lake Norman State Park or enjoy an evening our outing on the Water at Queens Landing. So check us out, we would love to have you visit our hotel, and enjoy some good ole southern hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mooresville - Lake Norman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Mooresville - Lake Norman
- Holiday Inn Mooresville
- Mooresville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Mooresville