“Good value”

Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Chose this property based on price and location. Good value but nothing fancy. Seemed like a fairly new place so everything was in good condition. Rooms are rather plain as you would expect in this level of hotel but everything worked and it is a very quiet location which I liked very much.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dfoote13
Emily F, Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff I would like to take the time to thank you for reviewing our hotel. Feedback, both positive and negative, is vital to our growth and learning as a hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience while here and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We have stayed at the hotels across the road from this new Candlewood Suites for years, and decided to try it our on a return trip from Florida. Since we often visit Mooresville for several days, we felt that having the kitchen would be convenient, even if only to easily reheat leftovers and make quick breakfasts. Coming in from the South on 21 we had no problem getting in, but it would be confusing from the North as there is no designated entrance from the North, perhaps that will be changed as the hotel is open longer and they realize the problem. The room was clean and the bathroom well stocked with towels, soaps, shampoo, etc. The note states that the housekeeping service is once a week, but for our one night stay, we were well cared for. My girls were thrilled with the pool-- while not large, it was warm and a great break after a long day's drive. The door moldings were quite flimsy, and you could see almost into the bathroom through the large gap. Pushing on the side of molding helped, but it wouldn't stay of course. Likewise there was quite a gap in several room doors we passed. For the price we paid, I don't feel that it was a big problem. We enjoyed seeing a small dog who was visiting with his family. On our floor, we were pleased to see that a Pet In Room magnet was available to be placed on their door.

Right at the front desk there was a decent selection of DVDs to borrow, and a few CD's I think. The only problem we ran into was that upon our arrival, there was no one at the desk. For almost 5 minutes. We had arrived around 6:30 or so on a Monday night. There was no bell to ring or buzzer to push. Finally a young lady came in from outside (?) with what appeared to be another employee via the back and apologized for not being there. The strong smell of smoke makes me suspect the cigarette break was a bit too long. I also had to ask for my credit card and license back after she gave me my room keys as she was quite distracted. After dinner, we returned with the intention of borrowing a movie, but the she had walked into the back office/room just as we got to the desk, and didn't come out again for the 4 or 5 minutes we stood at the desk, quietly talking with my daughter tapping her room key on the counter. I'd be really surprised if she couldn't hear us, but I was not ready to call out for anyone. I was, however, disappointed that the service wasn't a bit better. Perhaps a buzzer or bell would be better as I certainly don't expect someone to sit at the front desk all the time. In the morning, the lady who was at the desk was lovely, showing us where to find our check out papers. It's a smart setup at the chain with a very welcoming feel.
There was a nice selection of items in the snack room, but there was no milk which would have been great for a quick cereal and milk breakfast. There is a DD right up the road, though -- also next to impossible to enter properly from either direction.

We love the Mooresville area, and I have no doubt that we will be staying at the Candlewood Suites again. It was a terrific value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luvamoose67
Emily F, Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All feedback both positive and negative is beneficial to us and will help us to grow and learn as a hotel. We take your feedback very seriously, and we want to use it to provide a better experience for you next time. We strive to provide excellent customer service and to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our staff is very disheartening. Since your review was posted we have worked even harder training and working with our staff to make sure they can provide you with the utmost service. Once again we are thankful for your review and we look forward to seeing you at your next stay!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I recently stayed there for a wedding and were impressed with everything from the minute that we got there. Rooms are large and very clean. The staff was very professional and they went out of their way to please. I cant wait to go back and visit Family and will book my room at Candlewood Suites!! Great Job!!!

Room Tip: Rm 128 was loud accross from office due to traffic, they tried there best to be quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Nathan C,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All feedback is very important to our hotel's growth. We appreciate your kind words, and are so happy knowing that you were pleased with your stay, we were able to provide you with an excellent experience. Once again we are thankful that you chose us for your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days based on a review I saw here on Tripadvisor. The hotel was clean. There were only a couple of things that bothered me. The first night I was there, I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and step on a small shard of glass. but if I had put on my slippers that would not have happened. So no big deal there. The hotel was clean, the bed comfortable and the water was hot. It's a little hard getting into and out of but no big deal there eith. I owuld definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be. Really nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

On behalf of the entire Candlewood Suites staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are grateful for all feedback both positive and negative; hearing your opinions will help us to learn and grow as a hotel. I would like to apologize for the issue that you had while in your room. Thank you for informing us of this so we can work harder to make our guests completely satisfied. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a great experience and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stay in Mooresville NC every week for business. While I am loyal to another hotel brand I thought I should give this new hotel a chance. What a pleasant surprise! Hotel was not what I expected. Hotel staff was very nice, very welcoming, rooms were really nice, tastefully decorated. Love honor system for the snacks. They even have appliances that you can use like crock pots, blenders etc. Great touch!! Seems like they thought of everything. Made a blender of Pina Colada's and had some girls from another hotel come over and enjoy. Showed them my room and they plan to move over as well. Even met the Manager who came outside to introduce herself and work on a special rate for me! Kudos Candlewood!! I'm booking my next few weeks now! Manager said for me to shoot her e-mail and she will handle, even signed me up for the frequent stay program... This is service

Room Tip: Call manager directly for great rates
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

The Candlewood Suites staff would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely pleased to hear that you were so satisfied with your stay. We are grateful for all feedback, and it helps us to learn and grow as a hotel. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit!