“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place was real nice, clean and easy to get too. The staff was always in a good mood and very helpful in finding places to go.If i am in that area again i will surely stay there. The parking lot was well lit and clean. The rooms were set up to be friendly and useable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
I would like to thank you for your great review. We look forward to serving as your host hotel again in the future. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire team at Candlewood Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had a very quiet, clean room and the staff was very friendly. They had a nice place to walk the dogs and we loved how comfortable the staff was around the dogs, which put them at ease. It was really apparent the staff had been around dogs before. If our pets are not comfy, we are not comfy. I do think it would have been helpful if there was a back door we were able to go out to take our pets potty. We had to go out the front each time and a few folks were uncomfortable around our boxer (though he is very friendly). Perhaps they could make some changes to put their 'non-dog loving' patrons more at ease.

Room Tip: We prefer the top floor. We've found during our travels that if you are going to have noise, it...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chrissy M
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I deeply apologize if we did not inform you of the other entrances/exits we have at the hotel. We have taken your comments to the front desk so we can better inform our guests with pets of those areas so they do not encounter the same issues that you did. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were actually very excited to come to the hotel. It seemed that all, or most of the other reviews were very positive.This is a new property with a few "new concepts". They have games, folding chairs, kitchen appliances -blender, mixer, Foreman grill, and inflateable water toys etc... that you can "borrow". One item at a time. We are in the midst of relocating and this seemed like a perfect extended stay for us. We are platinum elite members with their rewards program, and so, are committed to the brands they have. Almost always having wonderful experiences and stays....
SO...we were horribly disillusioned. When we arrived, the person behind the desk (tatooed and tongue-bar-belled) informed my husband that for the month-long stay, our 2 small dogs would cost us an ADDITIONAL $700+!!!

I laughed and told my husband that was sure to be wrong, that she was wrong. NO ONE in their entire chain - or any chain - charges as much as an apartment for 2 small dogs. He insisted that she was absolutely adament about their policy and there was NO wiggle room. NO bending of rules, NO allowances at all. So, as we settled into our room, we debated if this was where we should be. Later, she called back to say that she was wrong... That the cost would be $150 for a dog.

The rooms are an good size, and clean, but they are rather loud, and noise carries way too loudly. You can hear up and down the halls, the next rooms... Just no where near the 4 and 5 stars I have seen given for this hotel. We have stayed at other Candlewoods that we loved. Here, our boys would run 2 feet in the room, and the whole room would shake. Terrible. Really. Very tinny feeling, not solid. Another review commented about "plastic-y feeling sheets" I agree. None of the trash cans had been lined, just bags thrown in them but not put on them. Probably because none of them fit. Magnets don't stick to the doors (do not disturb, pet in the room etc) The property looks nice, but it's about more than that, isn't it? It's all the little things that add up...
No place for kids to run. Really a kind of cold-feeling to the place. No personality.

The next day, I ran an errand and called back to the hotel to talk to my husband. I told the receptionist what room, and she asked for the last name. I told her (not all hotels do this, but Candlewood generally does). So I told her the name, and she contined to pry and asked WHO WAS CALLING! I told her that it wasn't any of her business. She pushed, said it WAS her business and it IS their policy! I told her that she was wrong that we have been members for many years, that she wasn't a secretary weeding out callers etc... I mean, when they put a phone call through, they don't PRE-call a room to tell them who it is! I was really offended and upset by this... (Still am really disturbed)
This property is run by misinformed kids. (Ironic, because it's not overly child-friendly) The shelves in their cupboard are almost empty. There are people yelling up and down the halls. Adults. The noise carries through the halls like this is a cheap motel6 or something like it. Not the high-priced hotel it is. There is a cockroach in my kitchen light fixture, my shower shut off by itself after 3 minutes. All in all not a very impressive place.

Such a disappointment in so many ways. We have always relied on reviews but you people are getting it wrong! There is a review on their own website that sounds more like a dating service than a review. Come on...

We cancelled our reserved extended-stay after the first night (committed to the weekend, but leaving on Monday) , and will be taking our business to another link in the chain. One that we already know, and trust. This has been a monumental disappointment.

The road that this hotel is located on, you can only enter from one way, and the exit is hilly and cars rush past. It's NASCAR country. You pretty much have to exit in one direction and drive until you can turn around to go the way you really need to.

Won't be coming back here.

Room Tip: Isolate yourself unless you like a lot of noise
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cacsmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear cacsmom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that on this particular visit the service of the staff was a disappointment for you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I gave this hotel 5 stars compared to other hotels of its type. It is not a 5 star luxury property, but this is a newly built hotel and is clean with friendly staff. Unlike some other Candlewood Suites I have stayed at, this property has King suites rather than Queen. Our room is large, clean and bright. Easy access on and off the freeway with a variety of restaurants very close by.

This is a pet friendly hotel, but I have not noticed any odors or evidence of prior pets.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time and posting your review on your stay with us. It's very rewarding to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. Your review will be shared with our entire team and we hope to see you again very soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed for a week at this newer property. Hard mattress was difficult for me. Room was clean and quite functional, but we were in an end room and it rained--all we heard all night was water coming down the gutters. It is set for longer stays, so housekeeping only once a week. We couldn't get the kitchen towels we needed at all. The clerk never added our priority points and we are still looking for those. Because this property is newer some of the flaws are passable. As it ages I don't think it will hold up well. Great location for us and an inexpensive price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would like to personally discuss your stay at our hotel. I just sent you an email with my contact information. I look forward to talking with you soon.
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

This is a great place, just off of the highway. We stopped here on our way from Disney, we didn't know where we were staying, we were just driving until we were tired. The staff was great, very friendly and accomodating. As far as the hotel...I had to ask the girl at the desk if the hotel was brand new and if anyone had ever stayed in the room we had. It was so clean, and so fresh. The linens were bright white. The entire place smelled like new construction. It was a real relief to stay at such a nice place. The rooms are very modern and have great style. I will stay here again when passing through.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 11Timechamps
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. What an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction to read your comments. Your review will be shared at our next staff meeting, It's always a great motivator to know we were part of an amazing experience for you and your family. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

We just stayed in many many hotels over the years, lots of them high end. But let me tell you about this little hotel. The staff is so friendly and will go out of their way to assist what ever you need. We requested a late check out and got a 3 o'clock in the afternoon check out at no additional charge. We have stayed here two times in the last month. We are new to the area and in the process of building a new home and plan on staying many many more times. They are so wonderful that they even let you bring your pets. Yes they are pet friendly. The hotel is absolutely spotless, the beds are comfortable and it is very convenient to the interstate 77. Oh I forgot to mention the price is ridiculously low for all the services that you get. They even have a pool! Did I even mention there is a full size refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink, Garbage disposal, dishwasher and a two burner solid surface stove. Wow this place is like a home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013
Emily F, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to make our guests happy and feel comfortable while at our property, and I am so glad we were able to provide that experience for you. Guests always have and always will be our number one priority. Once again thank you for the kind words, and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit.