“A for Effort - Friendly, Affordable, Clean, Good Value”

Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A because they made the effort to consider their guests experience and needs. The hotel was bright and clean and the person behind the desk friendly. The effort really showed in the functional design of the rooms. We had 8 people in the room one evening (4 adults, 1 teenager, two children and a baby) and the room did not feel crowded!
It was also very thoughtful of them to supply cutlery, frying pan, kettle, pots, dishes, bowls, and even paper towels, we also borrowed a movie (but never had a chance to borrow the blender). Great value for a family staying a few nights while visiting relatives in North Carolina.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. It's the greatest feeling to hear back from our guests and to read your review makes for a wonderful day. We try very hard to satisfy every guest and show how much we truly appreciate them. Again, thank you and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed for 1 night using points at this extended stay hotel. Location was a good halfway stop returning from our FL vacation. Upon arrival, we were concerned as we noticed a few moving trucks & trailers in the parking lot, people letting their dogs run around on the grassy areas, and smokers outside the front lobby.

Check-in was routine, the front desk person seems to have many responsibilities within the hotel, but was polite and efficient in checking us in.

I was expecting a less than pleasant experience based on my initial observations, however, the hotel and our suite was quiet and immaculate except for an ink stain on the carpet in our room. My only other complaint is that there are no drapes on the suite windows, just sheers which do not block the parking lot lighting, nor provide the privacy one normally expects at a hotel. The suite was fully equipped, the bathroom was very clean, well-stocked and much larger than a typical hotel room. The in-room HDTV was huge for a hotel and lots of HD programming.

As this is an extended stay hotel, there's no free breakfast or restaurants, just a pantry with items for purchase. McDonalds and Subway very close by. It was a bit different than a typical 1-night hotel stay, but seemed to be in a safe area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AlexShumpta
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regards to your stay. We appreciate any and all feedback. Your comments were shared with our entire staff and we are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again next time your in Mooresville NC.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family and I got away for a vacation to Lake Norman and just stayed three nights. Everything about this hotel was above average except for one thing. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. When we complained to the front desk, they acknowledged the problem, but only gave us air freshener spray. Apparently, the bathroom ventilation systems are tied together. The room above ours must've been a smoking room, and so the smell came through our bathroom vent. We tried to change rooms the next morning but the hotel was booked. My children got headaches and my wife got a migraine. I am a member with IHG hotels and take reviews seriously. I reserved the room with accumulated points and have asked for a refund. I do not recommend this hotel until they resolve this issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at our hotel. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We pride ourselves on being a smoke free facility. I would like to discuss this further with you. When you have a moment could you please email me at sales.candlewood@maya-hotels? Thank you.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

This hotel appears to be new. Everything is in great shape. Our room was large, with 2 quuen beds, a full kitchen, and a large flat screen television on the wall. The location was perfect for a visit to Davidson College. Reward stays are a particularly good deal here.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your review. We love when the guests takes the time to show they enjoyed their stay with us.Your comments were uplifting and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place was real nice, clean and easy to get too. The staff was always in a good mood and very helpful in finding places to go.If i am in that area again i will surely stay there. The parking lot was well lit and clean. The rooms were set up to be friendly and useable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

I would like to thank you for your great review. We look forward to serving as your host hotel again in the future. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire team at Candlewood Suites.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had a very quiet, clean room and the staff was very friendly. They had a nice place to walk the dogs and we loved how comfortable the staff was around the dogs, which put them at ease. It was really apparent the staff had been around dogs before. If our pets are not comfy, we are not comfy. I do think it would have been helpful if there was a back door we were able to go out to take our pets potty. We had to go out the front each time and a few folks were uncomfortable around our boxer (though he is very friendly). Perhaps they could make some changes to put their 'non-dog loving' patrons more at ease.

Room Tip: We prefer the top floor. We've found during our travels that if you are going to have noise, it...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrissy M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I deeply apologize if we did not inform you of the other entrances/exits we have at the hotel. We have taken your comments to the front desk so we can better inform our guests with pets of those areas so they do not encounter the same issues that you did. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were actually very excited to come to the hotel. It seemed that all, or most of the other reviews were very positive.This is a new property with a few "new concepts". They have games, folding chairs, kitchen appliances -blender, mixer, Foreman grill, and inflateable water toys etc... that you can "borrow". One item at a time. We are in the midst of relocating and this seemed like a perfect extended stay for us. We are platinum elite members with their rewards program, and so, are committed to the brands they have. Almost always having wonderful experiences and stays....
SO...we were horribly disillusioned. When we arrived, the person behind the desk (tatooed and tongue-bar-belled) informed my husband that for the month-long stay, our 2 small dogs would cost us an ADDITIONAL $700+!!!

I laughed and told my husband that was sure to be wrong, that she was wrong. NO ONE in their entire chain - or any chain - charges as much as an apartment for 2 small dogs. He insisted that she was absolutely adament about their policy and there was NO wiggle room. NO bending of rules, NO allowances at all. So, as we settled into our room, we debated if this was where we should be. Later, she called back to say that she was wrong... That the cost would be $150 for a dog.

The rooms are an good size, and clean, but they are rather loud, and noise carries way too loudly. You can hear up and down the halls, the next rooms... Just no where near the 4 and 5 stars I have seen given for this hotel. We have stayed at other Candlewoods that we loved. Here, our boys would run 2 feet in the room, and the whole room would shake. Terrible. Really. Very tinny feeling, not solid. Another review commented about "plastic-y feeling sheets" I agree. None of the trash cans had been lined, just bags thrown in them but not put on them. Probably because none of them fit. Magnets don't stick to the doors (do not disturb, pet in the room etc) The property looks nice, but it's about more than that, isn't it? It's all the little things that add up...
No place for kids to run. Really a kind of cold-feeling to the place. No personality.

The next day, I ran an errand and called back to the hotel to talk to my husband. I told the receptionist what room, and she asked for the last name. I told her (not all hotels do this, but Candlewood generally does). So I told her the name, and she contined to pry and asked WHO WAS CALLING! I told her that it wasn't any of her business. She pushed, said it WAS her business and it IS their policy! I told her that she was wrong that we have been members for many years, that she wasn't a secretary weeding out callers etc... I mean, when they put a phone call through, they don't PRE-call a room to tell them who it is! I was really offended and upset by this... (Still am really disturbed)
This property is run by misinformed kids. (Ironic, because it's not overly child-friendly) The shelves in their cupboard are almost empty. There are people yelling up and down the halls. Adults. The noise carries through the halls like this is a cheap motel6 or something like it. Not the high-priced hotel it is. There is a cockroach in my kitchen light fixture, my shower shut off by itself after 3 minutes. All in all not a very impressive place.

Such a disappointment in so many ways. We have always relied on reviews but you people are getting it wrong! There is a review on their own website that sounds more like a dating service than a review. Come on...

We cancelled our reserved extended-stay after the first night (committed to the weekend, but leaving on Monday) , and will be taking our business to another link in the chain. One that we already know, and trust. This has been a monumental disappointment.

The road that this hotel is located on, you can only enter from one way, and the exit is hilly and cars rush past. It's NASCAR country. You pretty much have to exit in one direction and drive until you can turn around to go the way you really need to.

Won't be coming back here.

Room Tip: Isolate yourself unless you like a lot of noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cacsmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear cacsmom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that on this particular visit the service of the staff was a disappointment for you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G.