“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville
North Carolina
“Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and the people are wonderful. I love the bar in the lobby and the restaurants next door. My room was very clean and the breakfast was delicious. Very convenient location with everything you need close at hand. I wIll definitely return to this hotel!

Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for a weekend and it was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The location was good for me as well. Near the highway but quiet. Breakfast was very good there as well. The staff was helpful with the area around the hotel and letting me know what was near and where I could find restaurants and racing shops as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Lake Norman/Mooresville, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. We are very pleased to learn that your weekend was so satisfactory. We aim to deliver an enjoyable visit and memorable customer service. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you will visit with us again soon!
Raleigh
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our family of four stayed for a weekend and enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. There was a full breakfast buffet in the morning and a nice bar with beer and mixed drinks at night. Pool was very small, but the kids didn't mind! We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I gave this hotel a four star review because it was simply a four. I enjoyed my stay, but certainly would not give it a 5 star rating because it didn't blow me away. It was great for business, the value was good, and the location was right down the street from our business meetings. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This property looks nice and the suites were fine...my average rating was due to the bedroom...there was supposed to be a bed skirt on the box springs and it was missing. You could see the bed frame and tags and it looked 'wrong'. I could have overlooked that but the bed frame was too big for the mattress and stuck out on one side...would be easy to hit with your leg or foot. Maybe that is why they did not put the bed skirt on there but it definitely looked sloppy. The rest of the furnishings were fine. This was one of the suites with the tv 'straddling' between the bedroom area and the living room area. Not really condusive to letting one person sleep and the other get up and watch tv.

Room Tip: Right off 77 and easy to get on and off interstate but finding the driveway was a little interesting...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Carmel, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Again a go-kart event with my son. This time a week long stay at Mooresville, about 15 minutes easy drive from the Mazappan Rd go-kart track.
Lately I happen to stay a lot at Marriott's hotels. When they call it a "suites", I noticed it means practically the same room size, but cleverly designed to have small functional areas. It has a small living-room, study, and kitchen area with microwave and refrigerator. Marriott's corporate standard is pretty high, but each hotel is different a bit. I guess a good manager makes a difference.
In this hotel my room is very clean and well maintained. It has two flat screen TV's. That is a good idea, so my son can watch his silly shows, while I can check on the news in the "study" area.
The beds are comfortable, bedding is average but clean, with soft pillows, that I prefer.
The vanity is outside from the toilette and bathtub. I like the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner.
The reception area is extremely clean and well maintained. (I live in California, and noticed that generally this area looks cleaner. Everywhere. There is a Lion's Food grocery store about a mile away from here, and that was also exceptionally orderly and clean.)
Besides the cleanliness I noticed the difference in hospitality. I have heard about it before, but first time experiencing it. Everybody is just naturally kind and nice. You can tell the difference when someone acts, because they have to, or they are nice because that is their nature.
Breakfast is included here, (Grand Junction Marriott wanted $8 for it...) and again the breakfast area was spotless. Two ladies serve the area, and I can tell they take pride of keeping it that way. They both are very friendly, and helpful. The selection and quality is standard, with prepaid scrambled eggs, sausages, but a lot of fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs. Coffee is far from gourmet, but is OK. But they have real plates and silverware. Thank you for that!! Pretty much everywhere else, in similar hotels the "included" breakfast is served on plastic plates with "plasticwear". What a difference does this make to my comfort level.
There is an indoor pool with hot-tub, that again is clean and has plenty of towels all around. The exercise room is tiny though, and overachieving males tend to occupy it for longer times, so hard to get in line, but mornings are relatively cool (end of July), and running outside is an option.
There is a restaurant across the road, called Jeffery's, with a nice Cheer's looking bar. I ordered food from them, and it was good. Chicken was perfect, salmon was a bit dry.
A clean McDonald's is across the road as well, and a sandwich place behind the hotel, that we had not tried yet.

Room Tip: I am staying on the top floor, room 515 that is facing the freeway, but not too noisy at all. I am a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Not quite five stars by my somewhat picky standards, but I really have enjoyed staying here on my trips between Florida and the midwest.

Start with exceptionally friendly service, including a desk clerk who pulled herself away from being hit on (no joke) to immediately help us. We may have been her saving grace but she was very helpful and quick with the check-in ... a trend the four times I've stayed here in the past.

Only one of the four stays was not quite perfect -- a little issue with a running toilet that took too much time to resolve -- but that's it. Good service. It's clean, and I sleep well here. 4.5 out of 5.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family