“Fantastic Day!!!!”
Review of The Lazy 5 Ranch

The Lazy 5 Ranch
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Mooresville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, I must say....we'd rather visit the Lazy 5 Ranch instead of the NC Zoo any day!!!! It was amazing to say the least!! We saw and fed so many animals, rubbed them too. My favorite was the giraffe's because I'm infatuated with them!!! I collect them and my living room is full of them :) We chose to do the wagon tour instead of our car and I'm so glad we did. The only draw back was trying to get through on the phone to make the reservation. But we finally did! We will be back!!!!

All reviews
"at your own risk"
"animal food"
"goat"

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

So much fun. We have been to other drive thru zoos in west palm beach and you hardly get to see animals. This place is AMAZING you get to feed and pet numerous animals all along the trail. We opted out of the wagon ride because it was hot out and we are glad we did because the baby was scared of the large animals. But for the rest of us it was a great day. We will return numerous times.

1  Thank opichardo
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

What fun we all had (ages 2 to 75) on a horse-drawn wagon ride through a preserve for a wide variety of wild animals. Yaks, llamas, zebras, water buffalo, ostriches and giraffes to mention just a few. The kids loved feeding them. We followed up with a walking tour of the petting zoo. If you are in the Mooresville NC are, this is an attraction not to be missed!

1  Thank ArleneJD
Reviewed 27 May 2018

My wife and I love animals, so we thought this would be a great place to go while we were in the Mooresville, NC area. When we entered, we asked about the wagon to ride on through the ranch, but they said it was not running, so we decided to drive through. At the entrance was a sign "Enter at your own risk". We drove on in. There were many animals like deer, ostriches, zebras, and several other animals all around the car. They wanted the feed we had purchased at the front gate. We rolled our windows down and began feeding them as we slowly moved along the dirt road. That was all well and good until the car in front of us stopped. The animals caught up with us and were determined to get the rest of our feed. It was when the goats reared their front hooves and scraped the side of our car with their hooves that upset us. Now I know why the risk sign was up. It should have warned you the animals would put their feet on your car. Finally we got away from those aggressive animals and got turned around because there were very few signs guiding us through the ranch. We couldn't find our way out until we saw the wagon full of people (the one that wasn't running) and the driver told us to turn around to exit. If you go, DON't drive through if you value your car. I was driving a Jaguar..Both sides of the car were ruined by animal hooves. It was fun feeding the animals, but do it from the wagon. I'm hoping we can buff out the scratches from the hooves.

2  Thank JAMES M
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends didn’t have troubles with the staff although the animals don’t seem to be in a safe environment. There’s no staff along the trail. The animals were kind but any careless act or not being careful enough to drive through the trail can harm an animal. I disliked the availability of space provided for the bird in cages. There should also be more staff for the animal maintenance such as grooming and cleaning after them. Some people drive for hours to see these creatures. Most of these Animals had patches of hair and dirty. Hire employees that care!!!!!