“The best operation in the area”

Olympus Dive Center
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“The best operation in the area”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Love the Olympus staff. great dive group. #1 Boat is big roomy . #2 staff very helpful and knowledgeable. top rate .

Visited May 2012

Avenel, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience with this dive crew/shop”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Very professional and down to earth people here. They all work very hard to make sure you have a great and safe dive. Very knowledgeable with the wrecks and the area you are diving. For sure i will be going back to dive there again. From one very happy diver.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Earl W
usa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Real Pros”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

These guys have everything down to a science and can be counted on to provide high quality and safe wreck diving. Yesterday we were on the way out for a dive and a storm kicked up. We turned back, no apologies. Mondy was refunded in full and immediately. That says a lot about the ethics of the operators

Visited June 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome people to dive with!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We drove from Michigan for a long weekend of diving in North Carolina with Olympus dive center. They did not disappoint.
We stayed at their "dive locker" for 3 nights. Good alternative if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. There are details on their website.
On the first morning of diving it seemed like the weather was not going to cooperate, so we postponed for an hour and ate a little breakfast. When we returned the weather still seemed iffy. So the captain asked if anyone wanted to try the closer wrecks and if you did not want to, they refund a portion of your dive. Don't see many dive shops that give you a refund if the weather does not cooperate. I think it was like 70-80% of your money back, but I am not sure because I went to dive. So we started out to the dive site and the weather turned awesome! The captain asked if we wanted to go to the uboat (U352) and of course we all said yes. It was awesome to see a piece of history.
Over the next 2 days we did 4 dives with Olympus and all of them were great. Be prepared for a long boat ride, most of the wrecks are pretty far out. We brought snacks, drinks, and a change of clothes for after the dives. The boat had 2 microwaves and big coolers so you could bring just about anything. They also had a fresh water hot shower on the deck, nice.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Outfit in the Graveyard of the Atlantic”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have dove with both major outfits out of this area, and consider Olympus to be the best, by a long shot. The shop is laid out well, and everything flows. The tanks are outside and there is a nice bench area to test your Nitrox. Then a short (20' maybe) walk to the boat and you are ready to go. The boats are in good shape, and due to the placement of the docks, it is a very short steam to get out into open water. The diving is the best I have ever done and the crew have always been very accommodating. Compared to the other big outfit in town, Olympus seems to me to be more professional, and more safety conscious. I do oil spill prevention audits for a living, and one of the biggest contributors to an accident is the attitude of those involved. While the other outfit may try and go out in sketchy conditions, Olympus does not. They stress safety and as the guy that could get hurt, that means a lot to me. The only down side is that their skipper Mike posts amazing videos taken while the divers are on their surface interval, and this keeps me counting the days till I can get back in the water with Olympus. If I could only dive with one outfit for the rest of my days, it would be Olympus.

Visited July 2011