“#1. They would give you the regulator off there Back.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympus Dive Center

Olympus Dive Center
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“#1. They would give you the regulator off there Back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

#1 operation in the area. They would give you the regulator off there Back. This place has got it together top notch staff, knowledgeable,helpful it cant get any better. Great clean well appointed boats . And yes they would give you the reg off there back . I had an issue with my Transmitter and the owner offered me his to borrow for the day. What more can you ask for. Love you guys.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Michael K

Pensacola Beach, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Scuba Dive on the U-352, German WWII Sub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Can't say enough about the crew of the Olympus. Our dive boat was clean, fast, comfortable, and the crew was knowledgeable and safe. Only dive boat I've been on that you can load your equipment in a personal locker the night before the dive. This boat is easy to get in and out of while diving, and very comfortable between dives. This made for an outstanding dive on the U352 all day. On her second patrol to sink US Merchant ships traveling within sight of land along the Eastern Shore, this German submarine made it within 25 miles of the United States Coastline with orders to attack shipping enroute to Europe. On May 19,1942, our Coast Guard identified this German Submarine as a threat and bombarded her with several depth chargers. Within hours her crew surrendered, and they were taken off the sub. The U352 was searched, her crew taken prisoner, and valuables removed, before the vessel sank upright in 120 ft of water off Moorhead, NC. Today she stands an ominous reminder of how often war has been within feet of our shores killing Americans, not just sinking military vessels

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Anthony1124
Wilmington, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Dive Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

We did our ECU checkout dives with Olympus. They took us out to dive the Indra. The staff do a great job of helping out without being pushy like some dive boats. We had a great time, and I can't wait to dive with them again.

Visited September 2012
Sterling Heights, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional and knowledgable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Once at the wrecks, Captin Bobby and crew opened the pool quickly. I did 6 dives in 3 days. On each wreck, we were tied up and the engines were off in under 10 minutes. It was probably closer to 5 minutes. We did not have to breath engine exhaust like on some dive boats. We had medium to large groups each day. The crew did not push us to get in or out of the water. We were allowed to move at what ever pace was comfortable for us. This was the second trip with them in 2 years. I went out with them for 6 dives in 2011 also. I'd take a third trip with them next year.

I'm using my wifes account to post this, because I'm one of the world's few facebook hold outs - Tim

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Melissa B
Fredericksburg, VA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The BEST!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

In my opinion, Olympus is the ONLY dive shop in North Carolina. My husband and I have dived with them several times, and we have always been thrilled with the staff, the shop, the boats, and the diving. I got my PADI Wreck Certification there a few years ago and return to Olympus whenever I am in the area. The staff is top-notch, whether you are making your first dive, or you are a tech diver with thousands of dives, there is someone on staff to help you. They do a great job of servicing gear too. The boats are large, safe, and very comfortable. Three-hour ride out to the U-Boat? No prob! Curl up below deck and take a nap, sit back in a comfy bean bag up top and enjoy the view, or chat with the crew and learn a thing or two! The diving is world-class. There are wrecks galore, no matter what your experience level. But the best part is all the large marine life. We've seen hundreds of barracuda, huge stingrays, and (our favorites) sand tiger sharks! The waters tend to have good vis, and the temps tend to be warm (in the 80s in mid-summer). You can tell that the staff are having a great time and take pride in working for Olympus. And of course, the divers are all having a blast.

DIVE WITH OLYMPUS! You will not be disappointed!

Visited June 2012