“Awesome Trip!”

Down East Guide Service
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Morehead City
More attraction details
Owner description: North Carolina Fishing Guide Service. In Oriental/New Bern we run mixed bag trips for speckled trout, puppy drum, and flounder that can happen at anytime with peak fishing in spring and fall. The Tarpon arrive in late June and depart by mid-September. The peak for the Giant Red Drum is August/September. In Morehead City / Atlantic Beach there is a year round mixed bag of speckled trout, flounder and mackerel as well as near shore wreck fishing for grouper, amberjacks and more. In May and June there is excellent sight-casting for cobia and offshore dolphin fishing. October and November are the best fly fishing months for false albacore and king mackerel.
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
“Awesome Trip!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Two buddies and I went on the half day inshore trip with George out of Morehead City. He put us right on the fish. Amberjack, Grouper and Seabass. George was an awesome guy too. He was very energetic and kept us all pumped up. I highly suggest Down East Guide Service to anyone looking for a great fishing trip with a fun and knowledgeable crew.

Visited May 2013

charlotte
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nothing but the best!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

One of many trips with Captain Beckwith over the past 15 years. I've never experienced anything but professional, courteous, exceedingly pleasant service. DEGS will work to put you on the fish, and on the rare day when things are slow (as fishing can be), you'll still have a great time! These guys know where/when to go, what to use in terms of gear and technique. Everything about their trips is positively first class, never anything else! This is THE only guide service to use, period.

Visited May 2013
Greenville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip better than most honeymoons!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Highly Recommend!! My husband has talked about fishing in Cost Rica since the day I met him and has frequently reminded me that we “should have went there for our honeymoon” …so thanks to Anna and George we were able to make our ‘fishing trip’ dreams come true and so much more! A friend of a friend recommended Down East Guide Service and we are sooooo thankful that we used Anna and George to plan our trip. Not only was it comforting to know that we were booking our offshore fishing trips in a foreign country with a reputable and local North Carolina company, but they also listened to all our desires and worked with us on every detail to plan the perfect trip! Everything was taken care (hotels, fishing, transportation, etc.!) of and top notch! The fishing on The Bite and ½ day of Panga was amazing, 20+ sailfish in 2 days, mahi, grouper, roaster fish, barracuda, etc. But Anna was also able to take care of my wifely wishes and made our ‘fishing’ trip extra special with accommodations at some breathtaking and excellent hotels (including time at Arenal volcano Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort and El Parador Hotel in Quepos… my absolute favorite, hearing and seeing the monkeys from our balcony overlooking the beautiful coastline while drinking an awesome cup of Costa Rican coffee is what life is all about!). I cannot express enough how thrilled we were with our trip and thankful that we used Anna and George! My husband is the most appreciated…cause now I might actually want to do a Costa Rica ‘fishing trip’ every year!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank bt_simons
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wanting to pack my bags and move to Costa Rica”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Anna and George are A++++. Their guide service is top class beyond your imagination. From the professional staff that treat you like family to their expertise and knowledge of where the fish are biting. As they prepare food during your offshore experience, you will be stunned with how they prepare fresh fish, cooked in a microwave (?really) from the boat and fresh made guacamole that makes your mouth water. You will be lucky to have known this group so do yourself a favor and schedule a trip you soon won't forget !

Visited February 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Fishing with the Boyz in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

8 us had the pleasure of fishing in Costa with Capt George and team again this year. This is probably my 7th season and I am continually amazed by the level of service, the number of fish we catch and the fun we have. From the pick up at the airport, by Mauricio (who always has a cold beer for us), to lunch on the way to Jaco at the "Chicken Hut" to the very nice accommodations they have set up for us at the condos behind the Cocal. Then there is the FISHING! In two days we caught 35-40 sails, 3 Dorado and 8 grouper. James and crew on the Dragon Fly didn't miss one bite. Its amazing to watch these guys in action when there is "Fish On"! They make it look so simple! When we caught the Dorado they sliced up sashimi for a snack! Try doing that on your boat underway and don't forget the wasabi and soy sauce. As for the rest of the meat fish George took control and had the chef at the hotel cook it up 3 ways: Fried, blackened and grilled!
Its my favorite trip of the year and we are locked and loaded for next year!

Visited February 2013