We've previously stayed in this chain of hotels before but in Boone. Had a wonderful experience so I figured we would shell out the extra $ to stay here versus on the island for the same price. Boy was I wrong!! We checked in and noticed they were renovating (had not been told) and also the front desk area was disgusting! Greasy hand prints everywhere! We go up to our room and the floor looks like it has never been vacuumed.. There's no towels and there were several hairs and food crumbs on our bed! We left for the day to attend a rehearsal for the wedding we were visiting for & asked very nice of they could change our sheets & told them our problems. (This was at 3pm and we returned at midnight) and the sheets were not changed and had no towels still. My husband went to get some so we could shower... We stood in water and could not shower because the tub was filling up and it appeared not cleaned at all! It was absolutely disgusting!!! Luckily our family (who was getting married) offered is to stay with them in their beach house because we could not stand anothe night! We called the hotel to tell them we needed out money back & we would be staying elsewhere & told them out concerns and they didn't seem to care. Also can we just say we got back to our room to get our belongings and our door was perched open with a trash can and nobody was in there or anywhere to be seen.... While ALL of our belongings were still on our room! Just terrible experience and I have never had this bad of service to write a review! I would spend your money elsewhere if you could help it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Morehead City, NC, welcomes all travelers near and far. For business or leisure, we are a premier, family friendly, business minded hotel. Our Morehead City, NC hotel has small town charm in close proximity to the Crystal Coast. Attractions: Ocracoke Island, Cedar Island, Outer Banks, Ocean, Indian Beach, Harkers Island, sports fishing, golfing, Croatan National Forest, Cape Lookout Light House, Maritime Museum, Fort Macon, Midnight Rodeo, Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium, OBX fishing, Charter Fishing, Crystal Coast Atlantic Jamboree, Olympus Diving, and the Big Rock Fishing Tournament. Nearby cities: Morehead City, Swansboro, NC, Beaufort, Havelock, Ocracoke, Cedar Island, NC, Carteret County, Crystal Coast, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll ,NC, Salter Path NC, and Harkers Island. Local businesses: Henrys, Farm Bureau, IFH, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Progress Energy, Vertex Aerospace, Big Rock Sports, Carteret General Hospital, Deli Express, Corporate Lodging, 70 West Marina, and Morehead Marine-Grady White Dealer. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morehead City invites you to enjoy windsurfing, skiing, surfing, swimming, fishing, dolphin watching, sun, fun, food and Crystal Coast hospitality. Don t forget, we are a pet friendly hotel with easy access to the outdoor areas without disturbing our non pet guests, but are limited to the number available. $25 pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Morehead City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Morehead City Hotel Morehead City
- Holiday Inn Morehead City
- Morehead City Holiday Inn