“Legendary Breakfast”

The Banks Grill
Ranked #5 of 122 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come enjoy the CrystalCoast's newest and best place for a great breakfast and lunchin a relaxed beachy atmosphere! Be wow'd by Chef RichardAlexander's delicious creations! Try and take down our Grande Breakfast Burrito to start your day, and then come back for our fresh local tuna salad for lunch. It's always a beautiful day at The Banks Grill.
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Legendary Breakfast”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I prefer to support local business. When I was trying to find a place for dinner I came across some rave reviews about the fabulous breakfast at this place. My dad and I decided to check it one morning and were very happy with the choice.

I tried the French toast with rum soaked bananas. The French toast part was perfectly excuted but what really made this extraordinary were the run soaked bannanas. They just set off everything into an explosion of flavor. I could not stop raving about them. Even now I still think back on them.

My dad had an omlette which was huge and he really enjoyed but the thing he talks most about are the grits. While I am not a grits fan at all he is really enjoys them. After the meal he remarked that those have got to be the best grits he has ever had.

The staff were so friendly. My only criticism would be the décor. I see they are starting with a beach theme but the tables and chairs reminded me of the kind you find a high school cafeteria. I am in no way a snob and do not require anything high end. I just think there could be some better choices.

I will be back.

• Visited July 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Definitely not a place to pass by! The locals best kept secret.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I had breakfast at this little gem in the rough.
It is located in a small strip mall that is off the main drag and you will pass it by if you weren't looking for it.
We shared a Blueberry crunch doughnut. My wife said it was like a party in your mouth.
Everything with the exception of the granola is made fresh.
Down side they only make them on the weekends.

I had the special of the day, The ugly biscuit. (LOL)
A fresh made biscuit that is one of the best biscuits I have ever had.
Sliced in half like a sandwich. With egg (prepared to your liking) Cheddar cheese
on top of a fried pork chop filet. and to add the to mountain of flavor, A wonderful
sausage gravy.
It was out of this world good.

My wife had the biscuits and gravy with scrabbled eggs.

Needless to say we cleaned our plates.
Our server was so energetic and on the spot. (Alex)

• Visited August 2014
north carolina
“My new favorite place”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch yesterday and was very happy with the experience. I had grilled fish tacos which were very fresh and had plenty of fish. My dining companion had a food allergy and the waitress (a B name) took it seriously and quickly made sure my friend ordered something both safe and delicious and suggested alternatives where needed. I like the casual diner vibe as one could easily go in shorts and a coverup. Love it and will be back soon.

• Visited August 2014
Wilmington
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had an excellent breakfast here. Banks Grill is a relaxed, seat yourself place to grab a bite to eat. My boyfriend ordered the XL biscuit and added gravy. True to it's name this biscuit is huge and the gravy was a great addition. He ordered a medium egg on the biscuit but it was a little too well done for his taste. He asked the server for a new egg and it was quickly brought out. I ordered the Kitchen Sink Omelet which as the name suggests has just about everything possible in it. The omelet was full of flavor and so large I could not even finish it. For dessert we ordered a S'mores doughnut and it was warm, fresh, and delicious. We enjoyed our food so much we will definitely return and order it again.

“Don't judge this book by it's cover”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The outside, looking very strip mall-ish, is nothing compared to the inside of this amazing lil breakfast spot! Very cute inside, great atmosphere, super friendly and attentive staff. Food is fresh, flavorful and hot. Best breakfast in Morehead City, and we've had a beach place here for 15 years. Can't believe I just found this place, can't wait to come back for lunch!