“LABOR DAY WEEK END”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 7 September 2017

WE DROVE 80 MILES round trip for the shrimp burger and fries, wanted to treat my wife to diner and to save labor on this Labor Day week end for her.
Its a real treat to go to Morehead City and El's. Drive In. Food and service was wonderful. just as before.
Richard and Vicki

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

El's drive-in has THE best shrimp burgers, onion rings, hamburgers, etc. You drive up, a car hop comes up and takes your order! A blast from the past!!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is the best place in Carteret County to get hamburger and french fries
Els is known to be the best lunch in town

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I've been going to El's my whole life. Sometimes my whole family craves their shrimpburgers and off we go to fill up. However, something has changed. The menu is still steller and the service is great. The batter on the fried food is unchanged, and absolutely perfect. But everyone in my family who has been in the last few weeks reports the buns are falling apart in their hands when they eat their sandwiches. My poor mom had grease all over her pants and I had to open the driver's door to make sure I didn't spill all over me. Please fix this problem so you can go back to deserving your Excellent rating!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

A friend recommended El's Drive In and when we arrived the parking lot was full with cars, trucks and trucks with boats we knew it was going to be good. The shrimp burger spared no shrimp, with coleslaw and ketchup, it was the best. And the onion rings were AWESOME. It will become a tradition for us anytime we're in Morehead City.