“Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro by the Sea

Bistro by the Sea
Ranked #14 of 121 Restaurants in Morehead City
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Water Views
NC
“Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Always great food. I have enjoyed the food here for years. I usually go with the tuna special. They use fresh local seafood so always order from daily specials.

Visited December 2013

New Bern, North Carolina, USA
“The best food of any kind in North Carolina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been to this place many times after reading a review about it in US Airways in flight magazine. They really do have the best food I've tried anywhere in the state.

The Chablis dill sauce on seafood is absolutely fantastic. The desserts are hand made and aren't shipped in so that they taste like the freezer.

Get the which ever fresh catch is available on that day with the Chablis dill sauce, you won't be disappointed. Wow, fantastic food.

Visited October 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
“Get the Hot Stone Beef Starter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Fresh filet slices that you cook on a hot stone at your table! It is awesome! Also the She Crab soup is the best around! Great food!

Visited September 2013
Marlton, NJ
“Sorry I didn't try it sooner ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Have been driving by this place for more than five years; each year saying I would stop. But never did. The drive into town seems a bit off the beaten path from the beach, but it really isn't. So we finally went there this week, and it was amazing! We shared the crab and avocado appetizer and I was blown away! The presentation was amazing and the taste was sublime. Chunks of avocado and huge chunks of crab, in a light dressing, served with homemade bread toast points. Yum, yum, yum!!!! I will go back and have that for a linchpin entree. It was fabulous. I had the house special grouper and my husband ad the special red drum. They were different; but both were excellent. The crime brûlée was tasty as well. My only criticism - and it is a tiny one - the crime brûlée was served in a dish that was too tall and deep. Less custard and more brûlée would have appealed to me more. But it was still yummy. We will be back on our next visit to the Crystal Coast!

Visited September 2013
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Still one of my favorite fine dining restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Back after two years out of the country, I'm still impressed. Libby still runs an efficient operation, Tim still works his magic in the kitchen and Buddy always makes you feel special at the table. My guests and I have always had memorable meals here from fresh seafood to beef dishes, all with tasty side dishes. Glad I'm back to enjoy each opportunity to dine here.

• Visited July 2013