“Seems to have gone downhill”
Review of Raps Grill and Bar - CLOSED

Raps Grill and Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have visited this restaurant a number times in the past and always enjoyed a very wide selection of food and drink with good prices and service. After a visit last night this does
NOT seem to be the case any longer. Three of us visited selecting three different entrees none of which were very good and we had mediocre service at the very best. Their blue cheese burger consisted of two McDonald's style patties with a blob a bleu cheese on top. NOT very good. My wife had their prime rib special and it was not a good cut of meat nor was it prepared very well. Finally my daughter had a steak which had the same attributes as the prime rib. Poor quality, poor flavor. Sad to see a fun place go downhill.

There are newer reviews for Raps Grill and Bar

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Walked in and were seated immediately. The waitress took our drink orders right away. We had a new waitress (her first day on the job) and we thought she was doing an excellent job, however the "drill instructor" manager would not leave the poor girl alone. Our waitress would check on us and then the "drill instructor" would come a few seconds later and follow up to make sure our waitress had followed up. It was rather distracting. The crab dip appetizer was excellent and my boyfriend said his tuna was some of the best he had ever eaten. I had the buffalo chicken salad that I had ordered "Mild" however if that was mild then I would hate to see what "hot" was classified as. The salad was good but the buffalo chicken too hot for my taste. We will visit again.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Didn't want to fight the crowd for memorial day. Visited RAPS. Walked in set down. Waitress was spot on. Food was just OK. Would propably only go back if I was in a pinch.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

A poor imitation of TGIFs...and that's not gourmet. Might as hit a fast food joint. Drinks are the quality of a cheap college town bar.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is inviting, but this may have been the worst experience I've had in a restaurant in years. I came in later at night, around 10 PM, and sat at the bar because the restaurant was already closed. The bartender acted more annoyed that I was there then appreciative. All night, if I wanted something else, I had to flag her down. Possibly the worst bartender I've ever had to endure. Meanwhile, the owner and his cronies sat at the end of the bar yukking it up. For being in a tourist town, this place has no idea how to welcome strangers. Go somewhere else...this is a last resort, at best.