“Pleasantly Surprised.............”

Quality Inn Morehead City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had read reviews of the hotel and wondered if it was going to be ok or not. When we first drove up to the hotel and to our room, since it was an outdoor drive up, I took one look at what appeared to be a dated place and thought for sure I had made an error. We had a suite, and upon entering the room I was pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness and how well kept the place was. We were very comfortable for our several day stay in the area. I can not tell you how the regular rooms were since we only stayed in a suite. Yes, I would stay here again if we were returning to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveler06232009
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. We hope to see you in the near future. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The carpet was so filthy, that any time I walked barefoot, my feet were black. Stayed for three days. The location was good, but the price we paid was to much, for the quality of the rooms. I will not stay at this hotel anymore or reccomend this hotel to any of my family or friends. They could at least clean the carpet once in a while. It was so frustrating that everytime that I got out of the shower. I had to clean my feet before putting my shoes on

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I apologize that our carpet wasn't cleaned properly. We just took over the property and have purchased new carpet cleaners to address the issues you mentioned. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are coming to the area. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you visit the area again so I can personal make your reservation and make sure that your next stay is an enjoyable one. 910-509-1707 Barry Eagle, Owner

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here for one night in March while wrapping up my vacation. This is an older motel. While things seemed fairly clean, the rooms were definitely showing their age and due for a remodel. Nothing really remarkable about the hotel one way or the other.

The front desk staff was friendly, especially at night when I checked in. Internet was reasonably fast compared to most other hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Did a 1 night stay and the staff and their service was 1st rate. Breakfast bar was fine, room was clean with no odors like some other places. Bathroom was a little dated but again clean and functional. Check out is at 11am but asked if possible to get a later checkout and was given till 1pm which allowed my wife and I to do a little sight seeing and surf fishing before checkout. All in all a great stay.

Room Tip: Call the hotel 800 directly as it was the cheapest price.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harpotoo

Thank you for the kind review and recognizing our staff members! We look forward to your next visit! Barry Eagle

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed here to go to a show over on Atlantic Beach. The room had a king sized bed, fridge, microwave, as well as the usual accoutrements. Wifi. Typical QI breakfast, plus waffles. Clean, quiet, convenient to the waterfront and AB, and affordable ($56 AAA rate). So what that it is an older property? I can put up with a small bathroom to save 50%! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weeksvillejoe

Thank you for taking time to give us a review! We hope to see you again in the near future!! Barry Eagle

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Outstanding Breakfest.Front desk persons where very professional checkin was quick. Wifi was avaiable, Shower water was on the weak side but overall nice place to stay. Location not far from downtown Morehead City and Atlantic Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derrick H

Thank you so much for the great review and recognizing our staff members. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I look forward to your next visit. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon arrival, the hotel looked nice. The main entrance to check in was clean and updated. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and professional.
The room was on the smaller side and a bit outdated. Two double beds is what we had. The pillows were smaller than the standard size and the top blanket felt like it needed a good wash. The bathroom was dirty and the door did not lock for privacy. On the second day, we went out and when we got back, our room was not even cleaned. I called the front desk and was told that it should have been cleaned. All the trash cans were still full, bed not made, but the housekeeper managed to splash some bleach in the toilet. Later that day I noticed that a roll of quarters was missing from my suitcase. I searched the room three times but did not find it. The only one that had access to our room was housekeeping. (you make the conclusion) Since I could not prove it, I did not call the front desk but I did leave a note for the housekeeper stating the missing money and mentioned front desk will know of this incident.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay as the kids enjoyed the pool. There is no kiddie section for smaller children so my 4 year old was not a happy camper. Other than the infestation of roaches at night and the theft, it was decent. If I had to rate it, it would be a 3/5
By the way, if you are a dependent or active duty in the military, mention that and you will get a discount. Also, leave all your valuables in your trunk including laptops/ipads, games, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back/end tend to get alot of traffic/noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank thriftymomnkids

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are the new management company and are in the process of upgrading the property as well as answering all of the past reviews. I apologize for the issues you experienced at the property. We are implementing new procedures and policies to reduce and eliminate these issues. We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Barry Eagle, Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead City
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Quality Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!