“Seems to need more staff.”

Quality Inn Morehead City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
KY
“Seems to need more staff.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in June 2014.
The room was clean enough and the staff friendly, but the service wasn't the best. After the first night, we spent the day on Shacklefort Island. When we got back to our room around 4pm, we were in need of showers, but we discovered that our room had not been serviced! Someone had taken our dirty towels, but had not left any clean ones. Also, they had not left coffee, soap, or shampoo. My husband went to the desk, but the lady was so busy and had no help, so she called housekeeping to let them know what we needed. After about half an hour, we still hadn't gotten our towels, so my husband went back to see if he could get towels from the desk. She didn't have any towels close but said when she wasn't so busy, she would get some for us. Husband asked her to call housekeeping again. About 15 minutes later, someone from housekeeping finally brought what we needed. From what I have seen, they do not have enough help. Free breakfast was the good, average continental breakfast you receive at most chain hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the time it took to get your towels and the room serviced. At the time of your stay we did have a shortage on staff. We are in a better position at this time. We do appreciate your business and thank you for the time you took to do a review. Your comments will help us to improve our overall services and amenities. Barry Eagle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

One night stay while on business Check in was difficult due to lack of training of desk clerk. However the rest of our stay was nice. Room was clean. TV channels a little fuzzy. Breakfast was good with eggs and sausage, cereal, juice and coffee. Check out was easy. Everyone was friendly

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We will use this as a training tool for front desk attendants to make the check-in process quicker for our guests. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay went well. We hope you will stay with us again. Barry Eagle (Owner)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a blind deal on hotwire for a friend's wedding. We arrived just after check in and found that they'd booked us into a smoking room based on "our request" -- neither of us smokes and my fiancee had asthma! Got to our room, which was filthy. Hair, dirt, and mold lining the bathroom and dust on the "closet" shelf. (No real closet, and sink was outside the bathroom.) The carpet was bubbling up in multiple places and falling off the baseboard in others. To top it off there was what looked like moth activity around the edges! The worst was that the door would not shut and latch without being forced closed, nor did the blinds shut. Reminder, this is a motor inn where all the rooms and doors face the very busy parking lot. Neither of us felt safe, so we went to the front desk. Worth noting that another man was there, complaining about the odor of his room. Margaret offered us another room on the second floor. Still filthy, and this time with no fridge and a strong mildew smell. Plus, the outdoor common areas had roaches enjoying the trash cans. Needless to say we cancelled and moved to a much cleaner and safer hotel.

The only "plus" side to this hotel was Margaret at the front desk. She was very polite and understanding throughout our ordeal.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Please accept my apology for the room condition. There are no excuses for what you encountered. I have met with our management team and have addressed all of the issues you mentioned and notated in your review. Although we have an older property there is no excuse for cleanliness and condition items. As we have just taken over the hotel we have implemented new procedures to ensure these type of situations don't happen. I was extremely disappointed to read your review to see that we are not meeting the standards that have been put into place. Please feel free to call me to discuss in detail. 910-509-1707. Although negative feedback isn't something that one wants to read I do appreciate that you took time to review the property. We will learn from this and it will help us to make sure that our guest are receiving the best in cleanliness and condition of room that can be provided. Barry Eagle, Owner

Travellers are raving about these Morehead City hotels

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I been with my family just for a night. Very nice hotel. The staff friendly and helpful
The rooms maybe some update but still nice.

For me the breakfast it's very important and this one was good, different cereals, choice a bread, some hot dishes as well.

If I have to go back in Morehead city my husband and I will back in this hotel.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DorotheeB_83
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review! Thank you for recognizing our staff members. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast! I look forward to your next visit with us! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.
Durango, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed 22 May 2014

As a former owner of a B&B, I learned the value of under promising and over delivering and that is exactly what the Quality Inn is all about. Rated at just 2 stars, by most, the appearance of parts of the hotel and rooms are dated, and so is the service, as they still believe in Customer Service!! I came for just a room but found comfort and decided to stay an extra day! Conveniently and centrally located just a short distance by car from the beach, shopping and/or attractions this hotel offers a real value. Rooms include a free waffle maker plus sausage breakfast with all the usual continental food too, in an area of the lobby that is very pleasant and maintained by helpful and friendly staff. The clean rooms are large enough that my comfortable king size bed fit with more space to walk around within the room, as well as a small desk area and includes easily accessed fast internet as well. The TV was analog only and small, but it was a flat screen and offered plenty of clear channels .... remember this is a 2-star rated hotel...the bath area offered plenty of counter space, in room coffee maker with tea and while the bath is dated, the shower head was updated and relaxing. Just two regular bath towels, I didn't ask, but a couple of extras would add to the experience. Nonetheless, from the moment I checked in the staff, especially Kim & Trisha, made it clear that I was their business and wanted me to enjoy my stay, which I did and if your looking for a room at this destination, then this is the place .... if your looking at your hotel as your destination or you just need to spend more money to enjoy yourself .... there are plenty of other places in the area but none offer the VALUE of the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back is where I stayed ... non-smoking, king bed and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank PaintedBear
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for the outstanding review and recognizing our staff members! They strive to always put our guests first. I have talked to our management team about adding more towels in the room. We appreciate all of your kind comments! Barry Eagle (Owner)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We spent the weekend here as a getaway to the beach. The room was average at best. We had problems with the lighting over the vanity, no fresh towels, and cool showers during our stay. The breakfast was instant eggs that tasted bland. On the plus side, the staff was super friendly! Fairly close to beach and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenifer C
qimcmgr, Manager at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I do appreciate your comments on our staff. I have met with our management team concerning your comments. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to the room and hope you will come back for a future stay. Feel free to reach out to me personally with any other feedback you may want to provide (910)509-1707. Barry Eagle, Owner
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I went for a night with my boyfriend and is too beautiful and confortable! Beds are best! All is too clean and the decoration is beautiful! A very good option!!
Can't to listen the others rooms and that is very good!
You will enjoy it if you choose it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ca-rodriguez
Thank you for writing an outstanding review on the Quality Inn Morehead City! I hope you will stay with us again! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead City
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City

Been to Quality Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!