Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
US$98
QualityInn
US$129
US$122
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$85
Sandpiper Motel(Atlantic Beach)
US$159
US$130
Hotels.com
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$141
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
US$151
US$145
US$200
US$155
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2011

My friend works for the chain and we had a last minute trip to the area due to a family event. She was able to get us two rooms at this hotel for a very good rate. If we had had to pay a dime more of if we had had to stay one more night, I would have changed hotels. Check in - staff was rude. We drove six hours and arrived earlier than expected. We went to the hotel and asked if we could check in and were told there were no rooms available yet. This was noon and we were told to come back at 2:30pm. We asked if there was somewhere we could change so we could go to the beach for a couple hours and were told no, but were given cursory directions to the beach. After a couple hours, we were tired and ready for a shower and to change clothes for the upcoming family event that evening. We were given our "double queen rooms" only to enter the worst hotel room I have ever seen. When you opened the door, it stank of stale cigarette smoke and mildew. The room are VERY out dated. The low pile teal carpet had large black stains all over it. The dark green flowered bedspreads had bleach spots on them. The mini fridge was rusted on top. The shower stall was peeling and so was the tub. The light in the bathroom flickered constantly. There was a squashed spider on the wall of the shower. When we pulled back the bedspreads, there were old cigarette butts under the beds that you could clearly see. The TV was small, no premium channels, etc. My friend's room next door was even worse and didn't even have a mini fridge or a coffee maker as listed on the website. Not only that, we booked two double rooms that were to have queen beds and instead we got double beds. After my friend found a used tissue in her bed and called housekeeping to either change her room or her beds, she was told the hotel has no queen beds. They have only two doubles or one king. We spent the night because at that point, we didn't have time to find another hotel and get changed for the graduation ceremony. The next morning, we went to the lobby for the promised continental breakfast. We found only small doughnuts such as you'd buy in a bag at the grocery store and swill that they were trying to pass off as coffee. Hands down the WORST hotel I have ever had the misfortune to visit. I don't think there's enough money to revamp this place. Tear it down and start over. No pool, no amenities, terrible rooms, and NASTY!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DiddioMom
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Pros: the location wasn't bad and the desk clerk working the afternoon when we checked in was a sweet lady. Cons: the room reeked of industrial-strength air freshener when we arrived (we cranked the AC and turned on the bathroom fan and left for a few hours), there was no mini-fridge or microwave in our room, no elevator (if you stay here, be sure to ask for a first-floor room if you can't do stairs), the faucet hardware came off in my hand, and the most annoying - they gave us two towels and one washcloth and when we called down to ask for another towel the evening desk clerk was rude and argumentative about giving us another towel, stating she could only exchange dirty towels for clean ones but not provide a towel we could use to dry our hands or for the floor in front of the shower... we finally negotiated one additional towel and a hand towel and she said someone would bring it right up, but after waiting over 10 minutes with no sign of anyone and no phone call, we gave up and went to dinner. And they had not delivered them to our room when we returned...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VacationLocal
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I checked into this hotel and found that it does not meet the standards of a Choice Hotel. I had tried to call around 2:00 pm to see if I could check in early but could not get anyone to answer. The phone rang at least 20 times. When I did check in, I was informed that there was no wireless internet in my room. When I made the reservation, I was told there was wireless internet. I inquired about the breakfast and all they have is donuts, bagels, juice and coffee. Less than nutritious. I have special dietary needs. All of the other Choice Hotels have met my needs in breakfast with yogurt and fruit. The couple that checked in prior to me needed wireless internet as well. I had to get to a work function so went to my room to freshen up and change clothes. I received a phone call from the manager. She ended up saying that she was checking me out and I told her no I would go ahead and stay as I had to get to work. She refused and said that she would have my things removed from the room while I was gone. She said she could put someone else in the room and that she was not going to listen to me complain all night. This was so far from the truth. I knew I would be in late and just needed a decent place to sleep. She threatened to call the police to make me leave. I told her that was not necessary that I would leave. I was packing my things and a knock came on the door. They stated it was housekeeping and before I could open the door, the manager opened the door. I was totally appalled. She told me to go ahead and stay at the roach coach down the street and see if they brought me yogurt. I could not wait to get out of this place. I always stay at Choice Hotels but I can say this one needs to be evaluated. She also told me to make to tell Choice Hotels and I told her I definitely would. I was shaking and sick to my stomach at the way I had been treated. Definitely do not stay at this establishment.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank diangel01
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We did not spend the night here. We booked this through AAA and thought because of AAA, things would be OK, but when we arrived, the room they had for us was a SMOKING room--even though nothing on the website designated it as such. Then the management claimed they had no other NON-SMOKING rooms and refused to cancel the reservation because it had been booked through AAA.

Long story short: even though we contested the change, VISA sided with merchant, so even though we didn't stay in the room, we had to pay for it any way.

Consumer BEWARE: READ THE FINE PRINT when booking with these guys. They are not customer-friendly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night, the location didn't feel like the safest place we had stayed at all holiday, bit rough. Nothing really within walking distance either unless you fancied Pizzahut or KFC. We went to Beaufort for the day (visited the North Carolina Maritime Museum, free to get in) which was a much nicer place and if we were near this area again we would probably have stayed there. At night we drove to Atlantic Beach and ate at McCurdy's Restaurant & Deck on Moonlight Bay, where I had one of the best meals of the holiday. You can sit out on the deck and look out onto the bay while getting very yummy fresh seafood.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple