“First Visit...Good Impression!”

Ranked #24 of 111 Restaurants in Morganton
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Fatz, we serve your favorite American fare with a delicious twist. From steaks to seafood, treat your taste buds to the flavors of Fatz. Fatz is committed to the highest standards of fresh quality food preparation with the finest of ingredients. ‎
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My cousin and his wife suggested Fatz for dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. The hostess and our server were excellent, and our food was well, prepared, flavorful, and very good. The ribs are exceptional and I highly recommend them. This is a tough area in which to find a good place, so we were very pleased,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have eaten in several FATZ restaurants, and this one was nothing exceptional. Noisy kid in several booths down, cold, but we were hungry and their burgers sounded good. Their menu states with an asterisk by their burgers "they will cook them to order and eating undercooked meat can be hazardous to your health"; the typical disclaimer. When I placed my order for a medium rare burger, the waitress said they could only cook them to medium, which was not what the menu stated. She got the manager over for us, and even she said the same. I guess it was a NC corporate decision since I know we had rare burgers at a FATZ in Georgia. So don't expect a burger cooked less than medium at FATZ in NC. The ones we ordered were good and the manager did put in a word to cook them as close to medium-rare as possible, so at least they weren't a charred hockey puck! Sometimes it does pay to complain.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were tired after hours on the road, and had just made the mistake of taking a different exit where thousands of others had also decided to exit. Back to the highway again, I decided to stop at the exit where we found this Fatz. We were not new to this chain of restaurants, so we expected it to be good, and we were not disappointed. The food was very good, the service was excellent, and the manager walked the dining area making sure everyone was enjoying his or her meal. Looking around, it seemed that all of the diners were having a good time. We periodically travel this stretch of Highway 40, and will be sure to keep this place in mind as one of our favorite places to stop. If you like chicken, ribs, shrimp, etc., you'll like it here.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The billboard add simply says "Hungry? Fatz" It shows a picture of appetizing piece of beef.I have been to the Fatz restaurant in Morganton 3 times. Most often the place serves good but not spectacular food. When I had ribeye, steak the first two times it was cooked well -- medium rare as requested. It was quite tasty and satisfied my appetite. The latest time, I requested a piece of salmon thinking it would be similar to the picture on the menu. What was on the plate when it arrived was a bit of a surprise -- the salmon was nestled like a lonely anchovy in a large bed of rice. It tasted quite good with a spicy flavor but was gone in four fork-fulls. Not enough to satisfy a small house cat.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were in town only for one night. We were celebrating a successful sporting event and asked our hotel for local suggestions. They recommended Fatz and said they had never had a guest who didn't like the restaurant. Our family of 4 all enjoyed our meals. My daughter ordered off the kids menu and had their world famous chicken tenders. The chicken was very moist and juicy. She said they were excellent. My teenage son had the trio of bbq ribs, chicken, and fried shrimp. He too said all were excellent. I had a shrimp po-boy - very reasonably priced at just under $8. Shrimp was delicious! My husband had a steak which he proclaimed to be excellent. Since we were celebrating, we also ordered desserts to share. Definitely recommend the peach cobbler and cheesecake - much larger portion sizes than we were expecting. The poppy seed rolls at the beginning were wonderful as well. Would definitely eat here again if in the area.