“Hidden downtown gem”

Hildebran, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden downtown gem”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

If your looking for fine dinning you've come to the wrong place. However, for a Saturday stroll downtown, or any other casual encounter, this place is rather charming. It has old world charm, and while the service is average, the menu offers many choices for anyone's liking. I have eaten there several times and have been pleased with my meal. My last dinning experience lead me to try the pizza. WOW!!! It's a must try. I don't like pizza hut or dominos, so if that's your taste, skip it and go for what you like. It's more towards Mellow Mushroom on the taste-o-meter. The crust is excellent! Give it a try!!

• Visited July 2013

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good pizza”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We enjoyed your pizza at Yiannis. It filled us up with no room to try their desserts! Discovered that Morganton is a neat place. Wish we had more time there!

• Visited June 2013
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Not good”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant after a movie. I had the gyro dinner which was just not good. My wife's pizza was so salty she could not eat it. While the service was OK, I will not go back to this restaurant. There are simply too many other good choices in Morganton. You should avoid this place.

• Visited July 2013
Morganton, North Carolina
“Love the gyros!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Only place in Morganton to get a gyro plate. They have great desserts here too. Food quality always seems good here no complaints there.

Visited January 2013
Granite Falls, North Carolina
“The Best in Town”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I've lived in the area before Yianni's opened at least 20 years ago. Always love going there as did my husband who was of Italian heritage. I've never had a bad meal or service. Granted I there are my favorites that I usually order. Veal parmesan is fantastic, the best I've ever had with out pounding the veal and making it myself. The Gyro's are also great with real Greek cucumber sauce that is super tasty. I've eaten in good restaurants all over the country and the only Greek place I found that compared was in Vancouver, Canada and that's a little to far to travel for a meal every week or two. There desserts look yummy but honestly have never had enough room left to try one.

• Visited June 2013