“A treasure”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Nashville, North Carolina
“A treasure”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

No complaints. Gary and Sabrina were very service conscience of catering and exhibited overly friendliness and servitude. The location could not beat beat and the price topped it off. In my mind all the bad reviews are from spoiled brats. :-)

• Stayed August 2014
Gary J, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Morganton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear John,I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I am glad you loved your stay at our hotel. we are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I will start from the beginning. I made a non-cancellable reservation, or I would have turned around and left the minute we arrived.

To begin with, there was a horrible smell in the lobby. It smelled like arm pits. Check-in was quick. We arrived at 2:50, and there were 2 other cars in the parking lot. I asked for a ground floor room, and was told that there weren't any available. Later that night, I noticed that there were only 4 cars in the parking lot, including mine, yet there were 8 rooms on the ground floor. Hmmm.....

Actually, it was probably a good thing that we didn't get a ground floor room, as there was a not-so-good looking neighborhood directly behind us. As we were unloading the car, a man walked up from that neighborhood, and was staring at my 10 year-old daughter.

Once you get on the elevator in the lobby, you can't smell the lobby smell anymore. Our room was modest, which is fine. The refrigerator and microwave worked, but the AIR CONDITIONER WAS ANOTHER STORY. Our stay took place at the end of July. Even after being in our room for 2 hours, our room was still hot and stuffy. It wasn't until nightfall that our room cooled off SOME. It was still hot, even at night. We thought about asking to change rooms, but another guest told us that their A/C wasn't cooling well, either. Hmmmm.....

As for cleanliness of the room.... There were hairs in our shower. I cleaned it before we got in it.

Okay, the FINAL STRAW for me was the mattresses on the beds. That had to be THE most uncomfortable bed I have ever tried to sleep on. At 3:30 am, I found myself going to my car and getting my air mattress, and blowing it up, just so I could get some sleep.

I say that this was the FINAL STRAW because as I was blowing up my mattress at 3:30 am, I told myself, that not only would I never stay at this particular Days Inn again, but I vowed to myself that I would never stay in ANY Days Inn EVER AGAIN. That was just how bad our stay was.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank thatjodiegirl

Travellers are raving about these Morganton hotels

NC
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first visit to Morganton and to this Days Inn. We were discouraged when I rolled back my bedsheet and found a green beetle and still alive! Perhaps it may have gotten into the laundry room or through an open window because the sheets were clean and otherwise tidy. But that was our first impression, not so good. Then I found corn chips in the seat cushions of the chair which was in the corner of the room and other assorted crumbs underneath the cushion. The overhead light fixture by the door was filled with dead bugs. And one of the bath towels had brown stains on it. Yuck.
The mattresses were old but still comfortable; the furniture has seen better days. The room had a mini-fridge which we found useful but in which there was a little bit of black mold. There was a microwave in the room and it was an older unit. The breakfast area was very small with only about 3 or 4 tables.The best feature of this hotel was the new-looking carpet in the hallways. Maybe there will be some future upgrades to the other furnishings and a better job done with keeping the rooms clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goose007
Gary J, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Morganton, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest, Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.
I am sure you would pardon the mistake on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.
We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Currently staying at this hotel.

We called a week ahead to change our reservation to 1 day earlier. Spoke with Gary, who assured us he input the change. We arrived at 3 in the morning, intending to pay for a complete extra day just to have a sure fire room for just a few hours of rest. On top of 2 days after said night. We were informed by the night "lady" that said change was not in the system. We were informed that we could check in, but may be asked to move rooms! This was quickly resolved, as we are not push overs...whatsoever.

The next afternoon/evening, we had the "pleasure" of meeting Gary. A man who does not possess an ounce of customer service skills. Let alone empathy. I happened to be outside as a motorcycle rider (with 1 broken hand!) arrived and asked for a room. He pulled up towards the door, in order to be close enough to charge his battery and then continue his trek to see his children in Virginia. Gary informed him there was no vacancy, which I know as a fact to be false. Instead, Gary told him there was a Comfort Inn and Suites down the road. The man then asked for a simple jump for his battery, but Gary declined.

The man then came outside, and asked for a jump. I was more than happy to oblige. As well as give him better directions to the Comfort Inn (Gary told him to turn left out of the lot, when it was a right turn). While I helped him jump the battery on his bike, Gary just stood and stared with arms folded. A friend of his arrived and informed the biker that the Days Inn had "plenty of rooms open!" Which, as Gary told him, wasn't the case. He looked confused as he walked in, briefly speaking to Gary, and they shared a laugh.

Eventually, the bike was charged enough and the man was able to continue his journey. I gave him THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS, and he was on his way.

Moral of the story? Avoid this hotel. Do yourself a favor, and stay at Comfort Inn, or drive a few more exits to stay at a hotel who truly cares about travelers. Above all, AVOID GARY!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank MattyK722
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Sleep Inn
#1 of 5 in Marion
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
#12 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Days Inn & Suites Morganton? Share your experiences!