“Fine, but a few things to know...”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Perfectly average - it's clean and it's cheap, so it works great for a quick pass-through. A few things to know: 1) there is no hot or sit-down breakfast; it's all grab-and-go and it's located in a tiny room that I happened to get crammed into with a half dozen army guys - so, not your traditional Choice Hotel breakfast room with hot food, 2) it's only 2 stories and there's no elevator, so if you brought a heavy bag or aren't fit for climbing, get the first floor, 3) they share most of their amenities with Quality next door, so the gym and pool are over there. No problem in the summer, but probably not very fun in the winter, 4) some of the thinnest walls I've encountered; I had to keep my TV on just to drown out the family chatter next door.

However, if none of that bothers you, it's a fine overnight stay. Friendly staff, too!

Room Tip: If you need decent accessibility or just don't want to lug your bag upstairs, go for first floor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The rate was good and the room was clean. However, didn't sleep real good here - the beds weren't comfortable to us.

This hotel is owned and operated by the same people as the Quality Inn next door. The plus is, you get to use the pool....however, I would not have considered staying here with an advance reservation, based on reviews for the Quality Inn - changing prices at check-in.

No elevator, but interior entrances, so stay on first floor.

Front desk staff was extremely nice!

Room Tip: no elevators
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were in town to run a road race the next morning, didn't want to get so early on Saturday morning, home is only 1 1/2 hours away, but I didn't want to have to get up so early so we decided to stay there for the night. This Sleep Inn was just fine, I always like to have my cup of coffee before a race, some hotels don't offer 24 hour coffee service , but this one does and that means a lot to me. It was very quite hotel, even though it was on a main road through town. Beds slept very well , nice continental breakfast , nothing really fancy but we enjoyed our stay and really got a good deal on our room . It was very clean, only complaint I had about the place was the stairwell smelled very strong with cigarette smoke . We had a non-smoking room which had no smoke smell , which I was very happy about ,I just wish all hotels were all non-smoking!
Overall a nice stay at the Sleep Inn of Morganton!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed here one night for business. It was very clean and smelled very nice when I walked into the room. I will be staying here again. Staff was very very friendly! As well I didnt hear anything no doors shutting no traffic and etc...it is excellent place to stay!

Room Tip: No elevator so if you can climb the stairs I recommend you to go upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This hotel is clean, in a good location near I40 and just a short drive from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Breakfast is the usual sausage biscuits, pastry, cereal, etc. I found the staff to be friendly, courteous and helpful. We stayed in a room near the front (street end) of the hotel and did not notice any excessive street noise. Our room was clean and everything was in good working order. The hotel shares a parking lot / driveway with the Quality Inn next door and parking was not a problem.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband, two sons ages 17 and 20, and I stayed here for two nights. It was modest as reflected in the price, yet clean and above expectation in accommodations and cleanness.
The two double beds were comfortable. A refrigerator in the nice sized room was a welcome amenity. The water pressure in the shower was nice and strong with an adjustable sower head for massage. I pleasant selection of foods at the continental breakfast bar were enough to satisfy even our sons appetites! Fruit was very fresh and ripe. Front desk personel were personal and helpful. We needed a sewing kit and were offered two just incase one was missing something. Later asked for a comb as I lost mine. Happy to oblige. There is shopping and restaurants very close by . We will return the next visit we make to the area.It is right off the Intestate.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This was our first trip with our 5 month old Beagle,Bandit. The first night we were there the front desk clerk rudely informed us that we had to keep our dog quiet because other guests were complaining. He only barked because someone kept slamming doors.We tried to explain this but she didnt want any excuses. My fiance and I became upset and decided we would cut our trip short.Went down to the front desk and once again the front desk attendant was rude to us,didnt want to refund out money because she found no evidence of me paying in cash. I told her that she needed to call her manger,while on the phone with the manager,she told her side of the story.. We requested to speak with the manager to expalin our side of the story and the manager told us that it was wrong of her to act this way towards us. She said we were welcome to stay with our dog because we paid our pet deposit. Manager went out of her way to make what didnt seem like a pleasurable stay to start with to turn out to be a great stay. I recommend this hotel to anyone with pet owners, because your pet is treated as a guest not as problem.We will stay here again when we go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Hampton Inn Morganton
#2 of 2 in Little Switzerland
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
#12 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!