“THEY ASKED ME TO GIVE YOU A REVIEW OF MY STAY”

Quality Inn Morganton
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Robbinsville, North Carolina
“THEY ASKED ME TO GIVE YOU A REVIEW OF MY STAY”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had the pleasure of staying a the Quality Inn in Morganton this week. I had stayed at the Comfort Inn as well as the Sleep Inn in Morganton many times before but this was my first stay here in the Quality Inn. The staff was excellant both at the front desk and the housekeeping. I stay at alot of Choice Hotels during the year but seldom do I find the housekeepers to be so effecient as these were. I returned early to the room once and everything was done. So many times they fail to replace all the bath linens that I used the day before. Since I travel alone and only use one of the two sets that is usually stocked in the room. I find that many times they do not restock the used set once or twice during my stay. Couldn't say that here. Every day both sets were there waiting for me when I got in from work. I must say I highly recomend this property. The rooms were clean, spacious and in good repair.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side next to the Sleep Inn and found it to me realitively Quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I've stayed at the Quality Inn in Morganton several times in recent months and find it to be a nice, clean place to stay. It is a great value for the money - it's rates are about half of the rates of other nearby hotels. The staff is always helpful and I've had no surprises with the facility. I already have several trips planned to this area in the near future and will be staying at the Quality Inn each trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
West Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I also stayed here for the Ridge to Bridge marathon. The staff were super nice and helpful. Our room was standard but clean. I have never travelled with my dog so I was very worried about a "pet friendly" room, but it was just fine. It filled my needs, I didn't consider this a vacation, just a place to get ready for my race. Its not a resort, pool was half empty and green, some trash around the outer grounds, but like I said I was comfortable for the time I was there. Breakfast available and close to stores.

virginia beach
Reviewed 30 October 2012

i was also in town for the marathon and the motel is ok for its age. bed was ok but the room had a musty smell to it. tv was from 1985 but the cable package on it was good. carpets had some stains on it and the bathroom was adequete. shower took forever to drain. the lady at checkin was great and she was also there the next morning handing out brown bags for breakfast. nice touch. i will admit having second thoughts when i booked this motel on the first of june when they told me they couldn't honor my request for a late checkout. didn't really like having to drive back to virginia beach (6 hours) without showering after the race.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed here for the Ridge to Bridge Marathon because it was billed as the "host hotel." We were very disappointed. Upon arrival we walked to the lobby and the landscaping was filled with cigarette butts and beer bottles. You could tell that the cigarette butts had been there forever.

The front desk staff was nice enough, but they announced our room # out loud. Not cool. And just so you know ... the doors are on the OUTSIDE, not the inside of the hallways. Our room was dank, musty and outdated. I checked Trip Advisor at the last minute to see what we'd gotten ourselves into and read the reviews, so I packed our own sheets, towels and pillows. The bed wasn't terrible, but the pillows were flimsy. I'm really glad we brought our own from home.

The TV is gigantic and old. The microwave beeped out of the blue every 5 minutes (we finally unplugged it) and our view was of the nasty, algae filled pool (see photo).

I would never in a million years stay here again. There is a Hampton Inn about 2 blocks away.
My hubby has learned ... never book another hotel room without checking Trip Advisor first :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Morganton hotels

Atascadero, California
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed here for 1 night because it was raining and did want to look any farther. Checking in was good. The room was really dated. A/C noisey and blew straight at the bed. The bathroom had black mold all over the ceiling and the shower fixtures were loose in the wall.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is a typical chain hotel. Reasonably clean. The pool was clean and well maintained. The room was a little dated. Good free internet. Convenient location near interstate. Breakfast was fine. Ask for a room away from the elevators, ice machine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Sleep Inn
Skyline Village Inn
Skyline Village Inn
#2 of 2 in Little Switzerland
Baymont Inn & Suites Hickory

Been to Quality Inn Morganton? Share your experiences!