“Wish it had been better”

Quality Inn Morganton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Wish it had been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

The woman who checked us in was very helpful. We checked in late 10:30 pm since we were not able to check in the the original hotel we had planned on staying at. She told us restaurants we could go to that would be open and even gave us some coupons. The room was hit and miss. The bed was very comfortable, however there were lots of cracks in the ceiling and the bathtub wouldn't hold water. I had to refill it four times during my 15 minute bath. I told the morning check in clerk and they really didn't seem to care or make a note of it while I was there. The breakfast was tiny with a poor selection.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was put up here while here training for my new job, I ask to be moved the second week because as a woman I felt being there alone it was unsafe. There are alot of workers who do construction work who are having to stay here at this hotel. Lucky they are being placed on the outside back rooms away from other customers but they are three big double buildings and the swimming pool separates them all and they have cut aways on each end of the buildings. I was placed in the middle and felt unsafe when coming in and out of my room, I placed a table against the door since it looked unsafe. I would not be staying here ever again by myself. I will say the front desk help are wonderful and the food for breakfast is good too. I can say the pool is a 8ft one and is nice and warm. But as my room went, I saw a bug crawling on the bathroom floor and did have something biting me one night I stayed in my p.j.'s. It was not updated, the fridge was nice and microwave and iron and ironing board was nice with the coffee maker. But they need to update their beds and carpets. I hope it was helpful to you. For the money stay somewhere cleaner.

Room Tip: Staying by yourself ladies try to pick a room near the desk area or in the middle on the top, safer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TAKEATRIPONTHEWILDSI

Travellers are raving about these Morganton hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

not hard to find,people were very nice here. motel is older and does show wear,but is clean. breakfast is the same as any other motel. there is a couple of good places to eat dinner. a steakhouse across the street, difficult to get into with the construction going on. my favorate is the mexican resturant a couple doors down from motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Don't judge a book by its cover! I was traveling to this place for a business purpose...I made the booking based on several positive reviews online (even though the photo showed what appeared to be a circa 1991 decidedly unglamorous stucco motel).

It was actually one of the nicer of these types of places off the interstate. Very clean room, pleasant decor. Nicely scented toiletries, plenty of frsh towels. Nothing luxurious, but was clean. Exterior was freshly painted, large planters flowers in the very adequately maintained pool area and patio. Breakfast was hot and early, I was there at 6:15. Staff very friendly. Excellent experience at the pool: it was 7 am, the water was warm and deliciously inviting. I had a quick 20 minute swim and it made the rest of my day go beautifully! Quick checkout. Turns out pool was actually unheated so who knows why it was such a lovely warm temperature. Anyway, if you have to be in this area, this is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Pick one that is facing the courtyard if you like the pool. Otherwise, pick one that faces away. It...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

WE stopped here because we were too tired to continue our drive home. This hotel was NASTY!! Luckily we had a blanket in the car because I made my family lay on the blanket instead of the sheets. The comforter was GROSS! The room smelled old smoke. The ceiling in the bathroom was falling. I can't speak on the grounds because my husband checked us in so I didn't go any further than the room (which was literally 100ft from the car) because I was so disgusted. If you have a choice, please don't stay here..... Had it not been 2am, we would have left! It looks like a truck drivers stop or a place drug addicts hang out.

Room Tip: avoid this place at all cost.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ladykb
Charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

A check in, we were matter-of-factly told by the rude front desk worker that our rate had been increased over what our reservation rate was. She told us that the decision had been made by the owner, "Mr. Patel" to jack up the rate and there was nothing that could be done because he was the owner. We asked to speak to him. She refused to call saying "I can't call him-Mr. Patel said not to call him about this". We asked to speak to the manager. She refused. We were in town as part of a larger group and had reserved a block of rooms for a baseball tournament for our kids. They increased the rate on all of our rooms after we had arrived from 2 1/2 hours away. It did not matter that we had a reservation, or that we had a confirmation number with our quoted rate. She basically told us that we could pay the increased rate or leave. After 10 minutes of arguing about whether or not she would get the owner or a manager on the phone, other families arrived and became involved and were also upset. With 10 people in the lobby upset at the rate increase and the reservations not being honored, the very rude employee had no choice but to call "Mr. Patel". He allowed her to honor the reservation rate-how generous. They still were able to cheat half of our group out of additional money over and above the agreed upon reservation rates because they had no other choice being hours away from home and exhausted. These people are shameless, greedy and rude. If you are not looking for a hassle, I would steer clear of this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tim D
Robbinsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had the pleasure of staying a the Quality Inn in Morganton this week. I had stayed at the Comfort Inn as well as the Sleep Inn in Morganton many times before but this was my first stay here in the Quality Inn. The staff was excellant both at the front desk and the housekeeping. I stay at alot of Choice Hotels during the year but seldom do I find the housekeepers to be so effecient as these were. I returned early to the room once and everything was done. So many times they fail to replace all the bath linens that I used the day before. Since I travel alone and only use one of the two sets that is usually stocked in the room. I find that many times they do not restock the used set once or twice during my stay. Couldn't say that here. Every day both sets were there waiting for me when I got in from work. I must say I highly recomend this property. The rooms were clean, spacious and in good repair.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side next to the Sleep Inn and found it to me realitively Quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Sleep Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Marion
Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40

Been to Quality Inn Morganton? Share your experiences!