“Great close to I40” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Chicago, Illinois
“Great close to I40”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a great place to stay at. Right off the exit on interstate 40.. Front Desk ladies were so friendly and I will be staying here again. They have a pool which is beautiful and very clean. Very close to a few restaurants as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sergio S
Quality Inn M, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this review, 8 August 2015
Hello we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Quality Inn of Morganton. As as always we value all comments and suggestions our guest can provide us with. We are happy to hear that you found our front desk clerks friendly and our pool clean. We thank you for choosing the Quality Inn of Morganton and hope to see you again soon.

Quality Inn
2400 South Sterling st
Morganton NC 28655
828-437-0171

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've stayed here several times for work, Morganton doesn't have many choices. There's a Hampton In that is always full and can charge whatever they want, then this place and other mediocre to real bad hotels.

They try, the staff is the only reason they get two stars. There is street construction out front for a year or more now. The rooms are just OK for a discount/coupon rate of $59/$65.

The night before checking out I found two half dead cockroaches in the bathroom. I checked out early the next morning and noticed dead ones on the walk and assumed they has just sprayed. I mentioned it to the desk clerk who assured me someone would call my cell and probably offer an adjustment. I, against my better judgement, made a reservation for two weeks out.

After checking in I asked the desk clerk why no one had called me. There is no manager in place right now, the last one quit after being worked 80+ hrs a week. She got ahold of the owner who wouldn't talk to me. He offered nothing, then did a 10% discolunt as he said my rate was already low enough.

I checked out, and it cost him 3 nights stay that week and more in the future.

My work had shifled so I went to the Red Roof in Hickory. Great stay, clean, better TV and bed, and $15 less expensive. Worth the drive.

The owner of this and the Sleep Inn next door is never on-site and seems to have very bad customer relation policies. I won't return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JoeyG

Travellers are raving about these Morganton hotels

Wheaton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Since this was a "choice hotel", I thought this hotel might be pretty good.
First room had a musty smell. They sent us to a second room but key did not work plus there was a bug crawling inside the window. The third room had a toilet that ran all night. Bathroom door had a hole in it. Bed was ok. We did not stay for contenental breakfast. We will never stay at a "Quality Hotel" again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carl A
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family stayed here for 2 consecutive week nights. The property is not new, no frills, but was a good value and had its good points. The inn is right at exit 105 on I-40. There are a couple of restaurants, hotels, and gas stations nearby at this exit. The onsite restaurant provides free breakfast but is otherwise closed and looking for a renter. Driving south on highway 18 (Sterling Street) is some beautiful countryside, Driving north into Morganton are plenty of stores and restaurants. The old part of town is interesting, too.

The inn rooms are arranged in a big U, with the common areas on the open part of the U. There are two floors of rooms around the U, half facing inside and half outside. The interior rooms have the better view of the landscaped pool area. The outer rooms face the parking lot. There is ample parking all around, so you can park close to your room. The inn exterior appears to be freshly painted. The pool is quite nice.

Rooms had everything you might expect. They seemed smallish and contained tired old furniture. Everything worked, but I had to reassemble a dresser drawer that had fallen apart. The room includes a refrigerator and microwave, and coffee service for two. Free Wi-Fi was speedy and easy to use. Bedding was fine, toweling was adequate but not plush or over-sized. Cleanliness was adequate overall, with some expected carpet stains, and a little mold starting to grow on the ceiling above the bathtub.

The staff at both the front desk and housekeeping were pleasant and efficient. They all seemed to be happy campers which speaks well for management. There is a "business center" with a single work station that I didn't use. Also a modestly equipped fitness center that I didn't use.

Bottom line: This is an older property that is well run, reasonably maintained and equipped, and a good value. I would return in a pinch, but well probably spend a little more for something a little nicer next time.

Hint: I check out the "deal" websites before booking, and have learned to look past the "room rate" to find the TOTAL cost. In this case, the lowest total cost came from the hotel website, which also allows reservation changes and cancellation.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have a much nicer view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kannapolis, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August. The room was just okay, for the price. But the ants were terrible. In the morning, when I went to the front desk to complain, the clerks acted as if I was bothering them. I told them about the ant infestation and they told me that they also had that problem at their own houses. Well, as a customer I really did not need to hear about their personal homes. They should have offered a solution or got a manager.

Room Tip: Do not stay here due to the ant infestation....because they employees will not help with the problem...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thomasville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had looked for a hotel in the area that had an outdoor pool, and had a restaurant/bar/lounge on premises...On the web site the virtual tour talked about having a restaurant/lounge on site called "Willows" However,When we checked in we were told there hadnt been a restaurant there in some time, and good luck finding anywhere around to have a cocktail. The room smelled musty and the toilet wouldnt flush properly, there was only one ice machine that worked way on the other side of the property. Next time Ill drive a little farther east and stay at the other hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This motel was run down and old. The facilities were adequate. We picked up a coupon that led us there. When we got there they were not full, but refused to take the coupon they printed in their own ad. We felt it was a "bait and switch". There were both dead and live bugs in the tub. A good thing was the breakfast was free. It had plenty of space and tables. We enjoyed fresh fruit and yogurt. They also had hot waffles. I felt it was overpriced for the location and run-down motel feel.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Sleep Inn
BEST WESTERN Hickory
BEST WESTERN Hickory
#3 of 13 in Hickory
Hilton Garden Inn Hickory

Been to Quality Inn Morganton? Share your experiences!