“Waste of money”

Quality Inn Morganton
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Disaster of a stay. First my room was given to another guest, but they gave me the keys to my original room, therefore we walked in on another guest. That's a real problem. The room I was given was in a dark hall, smelled musty and the bathroom light switch remained in the on position, no way to turn out light.

I spoke with front desk manager who denied the room switch,( CSR the night before showed me the registration cards with the guest name switch) I am thinking the work "Quality" is a relative term.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jillm06
Quality Inn M, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Property CHI
GM
QUALITY INN
828 437 0171

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Breakfast is really great, rooms are kept clean and great room service. Pool is wonderful especially for kids. Everything is easy to find around that location. Everyone is very helpful and it's very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2014
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn of Morganton . Our friendly front desk staff are here 24 hours a day to assist you with any needs you may have. Our houskeepers are always happy to give any extra ammenities you may need with your accomidations. We hope to see you again soon and as always thank you for choosing Quality Inn of Morganton.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here in vacation, when you walk in the front desk employees where wonderful, directed me where to go for entertainment and good restaurant.. when I woke up the view was amazing with a sparkling blue pool right out front and when we went to enjoy the complimentary breakfast the food was great and the room was clean by the time we got back.. thank you guys for the stay

• Stayed: June 2014
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We at the Quality Inn of Morganton are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our pool it was recently refurbished spring of 2013. We always have a free hot and healthy contiential breakfast for all of our guest and complimentary coffee is offered 24 hours a day. We hope to see you and your family again soon and as always thank you for choosing the Quality Inn of Morganton.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had to stay here on business and enjoyed the huge breakfast room. The options were endless and the entire hotel was very clean. I had a light bulb out and someone came and fixed in within an hour of me calling the front desk. Very nice people and were eager to help. Very accessible location from the interstate and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Annie914
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Hello the Quality Inn of Morganton is happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Front Desk Clerks are always available to help our guests 24 hours a day. We are happy to hear that you liked our business center and free continental breakfast. We also have a work out room for our guests and a seasonal outdoor pool. We hope to see you again soon and as always we at the Quality Inn of Morganton appreciate your business.

-Quality Inn

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a great place to stay at. Right off the exit on interstate 40.. Front Desk ladies were so friendly and I will be staying here again. They have a pool which is beautiful and very clean. Very close to a few restaurants as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sergio S
Quality Inn M, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Hello we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Quality Inn of Morganton. As as always we value all comments and suggestions our guest can provide us with. We are happy to hear that you found our front desk clerks friendly and our pool clean. We thank you for choosing the Quality Inn of Morganton and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've stayed here several times for work, Morganton doesn't have many choices. There's a Hampton In that is always full and can charge whatever they want, then this place and other mediocre to real bad hotels.

They try, the staff is the only reason they get two stars. There is street construction out front for a year or more now. The rooms are just OK for a discount/coupon rate of $59/$65.

The night before checking out I found two half dead cockroaches in the bathroom. I checked out early the next morning and noticed dead ones on the walk and assumed they has just sprayed. I mentioned it to the desk clerk who assured me someone would call my cell and probably offer an adjustment. I, against my better judgement, made a reservation for two weeks out.

After checking in I asked the desk clerk why no one had called me. There is no manager in place right now, the last one quit after being worked 80+ hrs a week. She got ahold of the owner who wouldn't talk to me. He offered nothing, then did a 10% discolunt as he said my rate was already low enough.

I checked out, and it cost him 3 nights stay that week and more in the future.

My work had shifled so I went to the Red Roof in Hickory. Great stay, clean, better TV and bed, and $15 less expensive. Worth the drive.

The owner of this and the Sleep Inn next door is never on-site and seems to have very bad customer relation policies. I won't return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeyG
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Since this was a "choice hotel", I thought this hotel might be pretty good.
First room had a musty smell. They sent us to a second room but key did not work plus there was a bug crawling inside the window. The third room had a toilet that ran all night. Bathroom door had a hole in it. Bed was ok. We did not stay for contenental breakfast. We will never stay at a "Quality Hotel" again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carl A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Sleep Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Lenoir
Days Inn & Suites Morganton

Been to Quality Inn Morganton? Share your experiences!