“Above and Beyond”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hillsborough, United States
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Fantastic get away experience. Staff really went out of their way to cater to my needs and offer me and my family a pampering experience! Food was great - the full breakfast offering plus made to order eggs, pancakes and French toast were an added treat! Service was phenomenal both at the front desk and at the restaurant! We enjoyed the pool and the fitness center as well. Couldn't ask for a better weekend away from the world.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Cynthia R,

Thank you so much for you glowing review! We have the most amazing staff here, and they definitely go "above and beyond" to satisfy our guests. I'm glad to see you took advantage of our American Grill. Our servers and cooks really do an amazing job with the food preparation, as well as offering great service. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend with us. We would love to have you as our guest again if you return to the area. Thanks so much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The staff were extremely friendly, my room (I think I had a handicap-access room although I didn't request that.) was huge with a comfortable chair and ottoman for TV watching, the pool a delight, and the free chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon a welcome treat. Proximity to the airport was first-rate, yet I was not bothered by noise. Best of all, I was able to get a one-star price for a three-star hotel on Hotwire. And, of course, only in this part of country will your shuttle car driver have a PhD in English!

This is a hotel I'd love to visit again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap-access room if you need lots of room to spread out.
Green Features: As seems to be true of all the hotels I've visited this year, all of them say to hang up your towels if you want to re-use them but the housekeepers insist on replacing them anyway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear ArizonaSojourner,

I'm so happy to hear you had such a great stay with us, and that the staff made you feel so welcomed. Im glad our proximity to the airport was so convenient for you. The cookies and welcome bars are a delight to all the guests in the afternoon. And I see you met Brian, our van driver. He is a great asset to our company, and I'm glad everything came together to make your stay enjoyable. Please come stay again if you come back to the area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here for one night before an early flight out of RDU; this HGI is very conveniently located to the airport. The common areas of the hotel are nicely updated and in good shape. The rooms, while clean, did not seem quite as fresh as the common areas. All staff encountered were friendly. For the price, it is a nice option if flying in/out of RDU.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hi sunshinedaydream1,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport. We strive to wow all of our guests and think that our updated lobby and guest rooms usually do just that. I am thrilled that you thought our staff was friendly, we love to hear that! We hope to see you again soon when you book your next Stay, Park and Fly package with us. Our parking rates are far more competitive than those at RDU airport and other airport parking lots. Plus, you will have the convenience of door to door service and assistance with your bags.

Safe travels,
Robin Warzywak
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice and relaxing stay for business travel with excellent access to airport, dining and interstate. The staff is very helpful and the surrounding of the hotel is peaceful and relaxing, even though it is near the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rickey B,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad to see our location is so convenient for you. We are extremely close to the airport, as well as other dining options and the major interstates. And even with us being this close to the airport and interstate, noise here is not an issue. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come and stay again when back in the area.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I arrived after 6 pm, had no where else to stay, and it was very dark. Hate driving in the dark
the 4 hrs home on I-95. Front desk guy understood, found me a nice, cheaper room (funds
were short after trip) and I blissfully settled in. Quiet, except for occasional slam of door; nothing
after 11 pm. I slept soundly. Breakfast uneventful. Will stay here again definitely, The Site is
sort of around the bushes and down, but IS labeled. Quiet. Nice like the Millenium Hilton in
Durham, and lots of trees. No airport noise. Very nice staff, but waited on the men and slow
to come to MY table (a woman). Didn't appreciate that. Very slow to talk to me, a woman. :-(

Room Tip: Arrive later, but take chance of getting a lesser not greater quality room. Being HHonors DEFINITEL...
Green Features: Really good about this. As a woman traveling alone, they didn't say my name out loud, but wrote it on paper. I so appreciated that.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear BootsiesMom2013,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad we could accomodate your needs during your stay. I'm so sorry it took a while for you to be waited on in the restaurant. Our servers are now doing their best to take care of the guests in the order in which they arrive. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to have you again if you come back to the area.
Emerald Isle, NC
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Make sure you ask if the airport shuttle runs before 5 if you have a 6 am flight. I was told only 4am-12pm. That is during the week only. Oops....sorry for you weekend flight warriors. They left that part out. It is taxi only for you folks, which the hotel is happy to book for you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Dear GraGeo,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not correctly informed about our shuttle times. I know that travelling is stressful and the last thing you want to worry about is finding a taxi at the last minute.

Our hotel shuttle runs Monday-Friday from 4:00am-12:00 midnight and Saturday/Sunday from 5:30am - 12:00 midnight.

I do hope that you will give us another try the next time you need to Stay, Park and Fly. I would personally arrange your transportation for your next trip.

Warmest regards,
Robin Warzywak
belfast
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Arrived late evening flight from Miami -would not have liked trying to find this hotel in the dark without GPS. Friendly welcome from a very busy young receptionist who was managing to cope admirably despite the pressure. Great restaurant staff rustled up a late supper and life saving beer. Breakfast was very good however the initial impression was not great as the bulk of the buffet was hidden in the servery which looked like the entrance to the kitchen. If we had not pre booked the breakfast then we could easily have been put off.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear worldwideflyer,

Thank you so much for the review. We really appreciate direct feedback from our guests. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our restaurant, The American Grill. Sorry the design made it difficult to find the line. I just hope that the quality of food and service, made up for the design layout. We would really like to have you as our guest again if you come back to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!