“Spacious, modern rooms”

Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night due to a cancelled flight. The hotel seems very new. The decor is very modern and the rooms are spacious. The bed was pretty hard, but a lot of hotel beds are not the most comfortable. If the airline had to comp a room here again I wouldn't mind staying again. It is very convenient to RDU.

• Stayed: May 2013
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Appreciate your telling us about your stay, and we are really glad we were able to make you're being stuck in Raleigh a more enjoyable experience. We actualy have guests who have stayed two and three times with us, and everytime because their flight was canceled.

We hope to see you again regardless of the situation. We will alwys give you room to spread out and a great value for your dollar.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were in town visiting Duke and for some reason all the hotels in the area seemed to be priced unreasonably high so we decided to just stay by the airport where the rates were much better. The hotel is pretty nondescript but everyone was very nice and the facilities were well-kept. Our room was spacious; you get a lot more room than other hotels of the same price. Two nice flat-screen tv's was a plus and everything was very clean. If you are looking for a pretty standard, reasonable place to stay, this is an excellent choice. The location is convenient to the airport, though you'll need to drive to get pretty much anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank friendofjojo
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

We appreciate your staying with us.... we work hard to provide you with a significent value and looks like we have exactly what your looking for! We appreciate that you can choose to stay anywhere in the city and we really appreciate that you chose to stay with us.

Hope to see you on your next trip!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was in town for a family event and although I only live 2 hours away in Virginia, I decided to stay in Raleigh in a hotel that had an indoor pool/hot tub for a mini-vacation for my young son. I stay in Choice Hotels often, but this was my first Cambria Suites stay. What a great hotel! The lobby is very nice and the room was lovely. My favorite parts were the bathroom and the super comfortable mattress. The furnishings and decor are modern and not what you expect at a hotel in this price range. The pool is very small but fortunately there were no other guests using it. We tried several times to turn the dial to start to the hot tub jets but it wasn't working. I think the water temp in the hot tub was the hottest I've ever experienced - definitely could only stand it for a short time. They have a heated pool which was also quite warm -which was nice as normally heated pools are still a little chilly. We didn't purchase breakfast at the hotel although I wish we would have instead of going out, it would've been more convenient. We had a nice stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CJ80Virginia
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

We LOVE first time Cambria Suites Guest. We love this hotel and love sharing it with you. We know you had a choice of where to stay, and we are really happy you choose to stay with us. We feel like we have so so much to offer, and the things you mentioned really set us apart from similar hotels. Not sure what happened with the hot tub, but after our meeting this morning maintenance is looking into it. We hope to see you again some time soon... always time for a mini vacation!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was a little disappointed in my first stay at this location. Perhaps it was due to an amazing business travel experience at a Cambria Suites in Traverse City, MI just the day before and was looking forward to the same here. Again, I chose this location because it was smoke and pet free. Upon arrival, my room was not ready, but that was ok as I arrive to the hotel at about 10AM on a Sunday. The staff was helpful in pointing out local shopping to kill some time. At check in, the experience was long because they said they had really slow or malfunctioning computers. When I went to my room, the disappointment began. It was clean-ish, but the maintenance details were unsatisfactory. The toilet seat was damaged and rather than replace it, which is relatively inexpensive when compared to a guest first impressions, they put some kind of white goop on it as a fix. Then the AC unit, which is illy appointed next to the bed at every location, was only functioning on a high blowing cycle so you had high AC or no AC. It caused my allergies to go into overload and I slept very poorly. The food at this location was the most disappointing of all. When traveling on business, I really appreciate being able to grab a decent bite at the hotel for efficiency. The hamburger I tried was some poor quality meat patty on a wet bun that my my taste buds rejected immediately and the shrimp pops (shrimp cocktail) was not fresh and probably risky to consume as it smelled as if it had sat past its freshness date. The server was very gracious in returning the food and offering suggestions including ordering from and outside restaurant and having it delivered. I decided to eat a few snack crackers from their lobby store and go to bed. I have repeat business trips to the area and would like to give this location another try. I'm wondering if it was just bad luck after reading the great reviews. I will keep you posted and hold my recommendation for now.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to write that detailed review and telling us about your stay. I shared your comments with the entire staff at our morning crew meeting, especially the restaurant staff who all expressed concern to find out what went wrong and why. You had said you were going to be in the area again, so please call me directly and give us a chance to make things right. We pride ourselves on quality, both in product and service, and I can tell you your experience is in no way typical. My apoligies for disappointing you, it won't happen again.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Take the free shuttle and eat at the local restaurants instead of eating at the hotel. Food quality poor and they add a 20% gratuity even in the dining area. Rooms very comfortable and nice work space. Planes can be loud but you are at the airport!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for telling us about your experience. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the restaurant, most guests love the new menu, but you do bring up a good point about our shuttle. We offer guests transportation to area shopping, restaurants, and venues, anything within a 3 mile range, and at no charge. So if what we have isn't what you have in mind, then we'll see to it that you can get to where your need to be to get what you want.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of the property, and please hurry back and come again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This was my first visit to NC and I must say from the airport arrival to my departure my experience was quite pleasant. I called the hotel and within minutes a driver arrived to transport me. The driver was very friendly and upon hearing this was my first time in North Carolina, provided me with great sites to visit and restaurants. He was a very nice man and I was pleased to meet him (Marcus). At check in after casual conversation the hostess revealed that she was from Canada as well :). Long story short the staff is friendly, the restaurant was great and the rooms are nice. Very similiar to apartments with a sitting area etc. The bathrooms are bright and clean and the rooms are very spacious. A microwave and fridge are located in the room for convenience. I was told about the choice hotels rewards program and will be staying at this location many more times.

A happy canadia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

We love all our guests right back, in this case especially our international travelers!!!!

Both of the Associated you referred to were absolutely THRILLED that you remembered them and thought so much of your stay. Marcus especially said he didn't think he did anything that special, just taking care of whatever special or unique need our guest may have at the moment. You and I know that's whats makes the whole experience special.

Cambria Suites is different. The suites are larger and everything is a modern style. We love first timers too, typically because they haven't experienced anything like our hotel and they are just wow'd to discover what we have to offer. Thank you for telling us that we hit the mark with you, and we will be looking for your next trip thru the Raleigh Durham area.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Beautiful hotel. This is one of the first hotels you hit when you leave the airport. So you can expect to see a plane fly close above every now and then. The beds were comfortable, even the sofa bed was comfortable. The room setup was nice. I loved the modern bathroom. The fitness center and pool and spa areas were great. The barista coffee bar has a lot of options at good prices. It’s close to the interstate, restaurants and the movies. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DDBailey
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for telling us about your stay. People simply love our beds, and we work hard to make sure they are always comfortable and inviting. Even though we are very close to the airport noise from the airplanes really hasn't been a problem. We try to have the amenities you need, when you need them. Our restaurant and barista bar just being a couple of them we have to offer.

Thank you again, we really look forward to serving you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Aloft Raleigh-Durham Airport Brier Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!