“Really fantastic airport hotel”

Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Really fantastic airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for one night before our flight, and we really enjoyed it. The room was relatively spacious and beautiful, the beds were comfortable, and the staff were all polite and helpful. We went down to the restaurant to get some food around 7, and it was delicious, though it did take some time to make. I'm not quite sure what the previous reviewer was talking about- our hall was totally silent for the duration of our stay. I would definitely recommend it though.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, would recommend.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay, we really do want to be the lodging establishment of choice at the Raleigh / Durham Airport. My staff and I try to give you exactly what you need and when you need it. The type of service that MAKES you want to return. We are really happy you got to experience it.

Hope to see you again when your travel plans include our wonderful airport and area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was without a doubt one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a "park and stay" kind of hotel. There were children running up and down the hallways banging on doors through out the night. When we complained, we were told this was normal and we shouldn't be upset. I finally had to threaten to call the police to get it to stop. I had a 5am flight, and stayed here to get to the airport on time. The front desk was useless. Though I requested numerous times, to have the children stop running around pounding on doors, nothing was done to stop them. Though they did eventually move us, the behavior of the children continued.

As to the room, they need to put trash barrel near the coffee maker. There was no mat for the shower, the glued down "decor" was unbelievable. I can't believe they actually glue down the "decor". Though we'd been asked to fill out a review form, there was no pen in the room. The phone was unplugged and I had to crawl under the desk to reconnect it to call the front desk to complain about the children. I wanted to love this place. I can't recommend it unless you want to run up and down the halls with the unsupervised children.

Room Tip: There isn't one. The staff doesn't care.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SleepbyWaves
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
We were very sorry to hear of your experience, and understand how dissapointed you must have been. We want you to love our place too, and think we have a hotel that people who travel through the Raleigh / Durham airport truely treasure as part of their total travel experience.

It was a stayover soccer group which caused the noise you experienced. I know we tried to get the group under control multipule times but it is difficult when the adults in the group don't see the same urgency as we do. Still this doesn't change the situation that you had a right to expect the quiet you needed to rest. We do sincerely aplogize for what happened the night you were here. If your plans regularly include traveling through our outstanding airport, then please allow us to make it up to you. Your experience isn't typical, either the noise or the other issues you mentioned, and I know we can get you to truly love our hotel.

Please contact me directly and I will personally handle your arraingements.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel was awesome I would definitely stay here again. This hotel was very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody in the Raleigh-Durham area............................................................

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sbroad1
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for the awesome review. We work hard to keep our home here clean and in top condition so that our guests will always have a trouble free experience. We are happy that worked out for you and I hope we will see you again sometime soon.
richmond
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

My reservation was lost between them and Expedia; because I was told by the Front Desk Manager that there was no reservation. I showed them my Itinerary showing my reservation and was told to call Expedia myself. I called Expedia and was told they were going to contact the hotel and resolve the issue. The hotel let Expedia off the line without resolving the issue with Expedia. Then the Hotel General Manager called me claiming i worked for Expedia; when I asked him a question he hung up on me. They finally checked me in; but then the General Manager called my room and was like I was the one who told my staff to get you checked in. He acted as though he should get high praise for this; the call lasted for several minutes and it felt to me like he was prying to get praise for checking me in. The rooms are great but customer service is seriously lacking and I think Management feels entitled.

Room Tip: Callt he hotel to verify the room if you aren't booking with the local staff directly.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot when you arrived, and am thankful you found the hotel to your liking. I spoke to you then and sincerely was trying to apologize that day for my misstep over the phone. I do hope we were able to make at least part of your trip comfortable.

Your experience isn't typical of what our guest experience, and I do hope that you will return to us someday so that we can show you that.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife 2 days for NCSU homecoming. Very happy. We will definitely stay here when we are near RDU. Loved the laptop tie in got the TV and multiple device outlets conveniently placed. Strong and fast wifi. 13.77 MB down 5.14 MB up highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MTnester79
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning the WiFi, we made an investment 8 months ago in a fiber optic backbone into the hotel so we could provide you the type of WiFi service that you expect. We have almost twice the thru-put of mots other hotels, and glad you noticed the speed!

Hope to see you next year for the Homecoming game as well.
Chicago, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel only for a few hours to catch up on some sleep. Since check in was late, the front desk staff made sure that the process was quick and easy. They even had some drinks and snacks for purchase by the front desk.
The room was very neat, clean and fresh!!! There definitely was internet that I used the following morning. I could'nt stay too long for the breakfast (which was very basic) but did get some coffee...Overall I would recommend for stays here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Al M
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that we were able to taylor our service to what you were needing for a short turn around stay. We try to anticipate what your going to need and have that on hand for you, and our Refill store with a selection of food, snacks, and beverages is one of those things.

Hope to see you again when you can stay longer... sometime soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have stayed at the Cambria before and was very impressed. BUT on this particular trip I decided to go with another hotel (BIG MISTAKE). The hotel I booked through expedia and it was completely booked solid so when I arrived at 5am due to a early plane departure, the staff was unable to place me in my room. Apparently it was homecoming this weekend....

I called around and the hotels that had vacancies were going to force me to Check out at 11 am (5 hour stay). I called Cambria and was greeted by a cheerful voice and was encouraged to come right over. I was checked in very quickly and was able to stay until the following day.

This hotel is clean, the staff is very friendly and so were all the people staying there. The food at the restaurant is very good and affordable.

I WILL NEVER BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL ANYTIME I FLY INTO RDU. thank you for the amazing service and wowing me.

BONUS: Check out is 12:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank golden83
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you Thank you Thank you. Not only for the kind words but for the confidence to make us your only hotel in the RDU area. Homecoming weekend can be a little crazy with all the colleges in our area, but we appreciate the opportunity to have served you over the weekend.

We always strive to provide the kind of service that makes you want to return, we are very happy you were able to experience it!