“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Wilmington
“Fantastic stay!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I just stayed here this past weekend for 3 nights. I was in the area for training with two other friends. We shared an oversized king suite which was more than adequate. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The hotel lobby was warm and inviting and the staff was above and beyond!!! As a former flight attendant who has stayed in many "airport hotels" this hotel is in a league of its own. The staff treated us as if we were staying in a 5-star hotel! We also had dinner in the lobby and while it was just bar style snack food it was fresh and great! The breakfast included was convenient and good....the staff for the breakfast were engaging and courteous. I could not say enough positive things for a easy affordable stay hotel!!! Good job Hyatt House!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Endwell, New York
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just spent the weekend at this hotel in a studio room...oversized "hotel" room with small kitchen area, living area with flat screen TV..large bath and dressing area. Unit was lovely and very clean. Everyone that worked there was a delight....very friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious and included made to order omelets! We will be staying here whenever we are in the area.

Room Tip: Thought the bar area was very nice... but drinks are VERY expensive!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank amsholtes
Winter Park, Colorado
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have never stayed in a Hyatt House but generally really like any of the Hyatt brand hotels. This is a great hotel, better than the 3 stars it was rated on my travel site. The room has a full-sized refrigerator with freezer, a dishwasher, small stove, and is fully equipped for a longer stay. As is typical of Hyatt, the style is Scandinavian--very clean lines, dark, good quality wood. Countertops in the kitchen and bathroom are high quality granite. The room has a nice couch, good working desk, and a large flatscreen television. I had a king-sized bed that was so comfortable. They have a complimentary breakfast that includes hot food and an omelet, if you want one. The coffee was actually delicious; not your typical bad hotel coffee. The front desk staff was great; I was very well treated and enjoyed the stay immensely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Margaret B
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent Stay! It happened to be right next to my office, which is a happy coincidence. The service is great, the place is modern-looking, clean, comfortable. I enjoyed the pool and breakfast/dinner very much :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here last weekend in SEPT. Check was great even though I arrived before check-in time,I was allowed to check-in greatly appreciated. the room was very nice I had a studio king . Clean room well furnished.very friendly staff, everyone was very very friendly.great restaurants are within short driving distance. At night we gathered around the fire pit near the pool very relaxing. Breakfast was filling.it could have been a little warmer,the chef who made the omelette on Sat and Sun was spot on. Only complaint,the doors to the rooms should be sound proof,example ,my brothers was on the phone in his room as I was approaching my room and here every word he was saying ,he was in room 301 and I was in room 306. Would stay here again. The women who checked us in Sat morning on the 29th was the best, great front desk manners.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This place looks like it is brand new, although I know that most Hyatt Houses and Hyatt Places are usually remodels of an older hotel. What they've done with this place has made it look like it is a brand new, more upscale hotel. It still has the usual amenities that a Hyatt House has, kitchenette with full(er) sized fridge, dishwasher (seems like overkill to me), nicely appointed room, king bed, TV that swivels so it can be seen from the desk or the bed, seating area is very nice, etc.

If I ever have the choice and the room rates are similar, I usually choose a Hyatt House as I do prefer the room layouts here over a Hyatt Place. Even if I am just staying a single night, I will make that choice. If staying multiple nights in an area, definitely choose Hyatt House over most others for the above reasons. If I have to be in the RDU area again, I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I returned here after remembering my stay at the property, when it was previously Hotel Sierra. I was hoping the property would stay relatively the same, and while it has, there were some things that I didn't like. I'll start with the pros and end with the cons.

The good is the breakfast still had many choices and was free, including made-to-order omelettes. The room was clean and a full set of dishes were available in the suite. The suite I booked had a sofa bed, tub/shower combo, ample counter space around the sink for toiletries. The room had an iron and hair dryer. Internet is complementary. Newspapers are available at the front desk and also items you may have gotten from home, but Wal-mart also is up the street. The front desk staff was friendly. You can order dinner at the hotel if you just don't want to go anywhere else, from the bartender at the bar. There is a complementary pool table. Close to the airport for those who fly, with shuttle. The bed is REALLY comfy, In my opinion.

The biggest issue I had at the property was the water temperature. It was cold, even when on hot, and took around 2-5 minutes running to heat up to a tolerable temperature. The pool needed to be cleaned, it was only outdoor debris that fell into the pool though. The whirlpool is closed indefinitely, not sure if they will fix or remove this. I have to sleep with blankets, as my husband needs air on to sleep, but the blanket was really thin. I did ask for another and received it but when I booked, I thought they still had the tan blankets (Hotel Sierra era) on the beds due to the photos on the site. Those original blankets are GONE.

Please, Hyatt, get better blankets. Saturday morning, the breakfast staff for the omelette station was in the back area and other guests knocked on the door to get her to come out. After that, everything was perfect with the egg order.

I would stay here again as the hotel is quiet and clean.

Room Tip: The hotel is relatively quiet, almost everywhere is a good room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family