“Four Points Sheraton - hands down, top of the line”

Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Windsor NC
“Four Points Sheraton - hands down, top of the line”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Without a doubt, Four Points Sheraton, RDU, Morrisville, NC sets itself above and apart from other hotels in the RDU and other areas. Upon arrival, I was acknowledged immediately by the Hotel Greeter, The room was large with a sitting area, superior linens, tv viewing, with room service and continental breakfast. For a woman travelling solo, what sets this hotel apart was the high level of security and attention to detail which included a Courtesy Shuttle to Raleigh/Durhm Airport, complimentary. The driver was professional, and courteous. I never lifted a finger for my luggage and was brought directly to the United terminal and gate. This could have turned out to be a nightmare for me if I had to locate the airport, terminal, self-park, literally miles away from the airport, then be shuttled back, and deal w/my somewhat heavy luggage and carry on laptop. Upon return from my trip, I retrieved my luggage, phoned the desk, and was informed which gate to wait. Within 10 minutes from that call - the Courtesy Shuttle was there and my car which had been parked in front of the hotel was safe and sound. No doubt about it, Four Points helped to make my trip a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. The price was cost-efficient and well worth the accommodations and courtesies.

Room Tip: Higher level room offer was open and air and had a nice view of the grounds, and surrounding area.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Wow! Thank you for your great review!

We could not be happier that your stay with us such was a positive one. Our entire team takes pride in being able to provide the best service and most comfortable rooms for all of our guests and I am thrilled to hear that our team was able to do that for you!

We hope to be your new hotel of choice whenever you visit the Raleigh-Durham area and I hope that you will reach out to me personally the next time you visit so that I can thank you personally for sharing such a nice review.

Eric Hoxit- General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel in early May and found it to be clean, the beds comfortable, the room bright and the staff helpful. We were there for a meeting of about 150 people and light breakfast was included. They have a restaurant and want you to eat there. Our group's breakfast was served in a separate room and was very lacking as we had to ask for milk each day for our cereal that we brought from home. Two of the three days we went across the parking lot to Bojangles for a egg and cheese biscuit. So, if you don't mind paying $7 a day for breakfast at the restaurant, or going elsewhere, this is a good place to stay. Even though the hotel is located close to the airport, we rarely heard planes taking off and landing. We did keep the fan on the AC unit running for white noise.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review with us and your fellow travelers!

We are so glad to hear that your overall experience with us a pleasant one and were so happy to serve you and your group.

I apologize that you were disappointed by the breakfast we had for your group and appreciate you letting us know about it. We are always striving to make sure that each one of our guests are completely satisfied with their stays and the feedback we get from our guests is the greatest tool we have. I would greatly appreciate it if you might contact me personally so I can learn a bit more about what happened with the breakfast service for your group so we can improve upon it for all of or groups.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Vinton, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My family has stayed at this hotel three times in the past year and a half and it is our "go to" hotel for the entire Raleigh Durham area. The hotel always appears and smells brand new. As others have said, the rooms are large, comfortable, clean, and quiet. Service has always been friendly and fast, and there are several family-friendly restaurants within a half mile of the hotel (some within walking distance). We will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

We always love hearing from our guests after their stays, especially from guests who have stayed with us multiple times like you! We are all so glad that you and your family have enjoyed your times with us and we hope that you will be back to see us again soon.

The next time you are coming to the area, please reach out to me personally so that I can thank you for your continued loyalty.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 23 July 2012

From the moment we walked in, this hotel surpassed our expectations. It even smelled great! The rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. Service is excellent. While this is a Four Points, it's overall presentation, cleanliness and service puts it in the upper tier of all Starwood properties I have stayed in including Westins and Ws. It's not quite as modern or edgy as either the Westin or W, but for a Four Points, it rocks! Lots of restaurants around the hotel, plenty of shopping if you have a car, and a gas station down the street that sells fried gizzards and livers! How does it get any better than that in Morrisville, NC? All this can be yours for around $100 a night, a fantastic deal on the Price/Quality scale, in my opinion!

2 Thank JoseVargas100
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Wow! What a nice review- Thanks!

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us and that our hotel exceeded your expectations!

I am very fortunate to have such a great team of people to work with here and we all do our best each day to make sure that all of guests have the best experience with us that we can possibly give them. It is so nice to get such kind words of encouragement to share with our team.

Thanks again for sharing such a great review and please let me know if you will be returning to the Raleigh-Durham area so I can thank you personally and show you how much your review means to us.

Thanks,
Noida, India
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This hotel is a class act! For a stranger to the city, the Airport pickup was very friendly, the drive to the hotel was short, the hotel staff at the reception was super-friendly, and the room was awesome! All this at a price just in excess of $100!!! What fantastic value for money! I'll certainly be back and don't plan on staying in any other hotel!

Oh, and plenty of places to eat nearby just a short walk away. You don't even need a rental car!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good, and even though I got a rear-facing room, Raleigh is a wonderfully wooded ci...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

It was our pleasure to serve you and we are all so glad that your visit with us was a good one.
Our entire team works hard to make sure that each of our guests is made to feel welcome and comfortable and we could not be happier that you enjoyed your time here with us.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Raleigh-Durham area.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2012

For what the hotel is - a convenient, efficient, comfortable hotel, the Four Points absolutely nails it. No more than about 1.5 from the airport (even closer to/from rental car lots). Got 2 free breakfast buffet cards at check-in, might have been due to my platinum status. Gym is decent sized and both times I worked out there, there wasn't a single person around. Only problem was they were completely out of water in the gym, which was a bummer. They have an indoor pool, but it's a really small square shaped one. This hotel definitely gets it done for what it is, just hope they can continue to stay in business as they 3 times we have been here they haven't been at more than 15% occupancy. Also, the tvs are a bit small in the room, but the large showers make up for it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilroy0
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thanks such a positive review!

We are all so glad to hear that your stays with us here at the Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport have been good ones and we really appreciate you letting us know about them. We are also glad to hear that as an SPG Platinum Member, you are receiving the Complimentary Breakfast coupons at check. It’s our way of thanking SPG Platinum Members for their continued loyalty.

Also, I would like to thank you for letting us know about the issue with the water being empty in the Fitness Center and apologize for it. We will definitely be sure to keep a closer eye on that from now on.

I would also like to assure you that we are here to stay. Even though there are some nights when we are not very busy, because of our location we tend to be busiest during the middle of the week (Monday through Thursday) and are 100% full at least a few weeks every month.

Again, we are so pleased that you have had such good stays with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Raleigh-Durham area. If there is ever any way that I, or any member of our team can make your stay with us more comfortable, please feel free to reach out to me personally.

New Windsor, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2012

During my stay at Four Points I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive to my needs. They were able to answer any questions I had regaurding the area, places to visit and transportation. The shuttle runs when you need it. The staff greets their guests with a smile and made my stay pleasant. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Christina F
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Wow! Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

We always love to here from our guests, but it is even nicer when they have such a positive experience to share. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us and that our team members made you feel so welcomed. We have a great group of people here who work very hard to make sure that all of our guests are as comfortable as possible.