My wife and I were on a mini road trip vacation and we stayed here the last evening of our road trip, following stays in three other hotels during the previous 6 days. We ended at this hotel because we checked out of our previous hotel a day early as it was not up to my expectations for the brand name it represented. Thus we checked out a day early, drove about 4 hours and ended up here. During our drive we picked up some travel brochures at the NC state welcome rest stop and decided at the last minute to go to the Museums in Raleigh that afternoon (the Natural Science and the History Museums are great and free) We also decided to go the next day to the NC Zoo in Asheboro (not Asheville, but in Asheboro!) The museums and zoo were all an enjoyable experience and very low costs at the zoo which had long walkways between the different animal exhibits that were shaded about 90 percent of the time. Make sure to check out the museums and zoo when in the area. I digress… back to the hotel… so with museums in Raleigh we grabbed a room here as I had some extra points I had with my Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) membership. Weekend nights using points at SPG hotels can be a great value if you are an SPG member.
The hotel was easy to find and just 10-15 minutes out of the city center. It looked relatively new. We checked in quickly and immediately found my room was next to the elevator despite my asking to be away from it. The key card also did not work, so I had to go back to the front desk anyway. I asked for a room change and finally got one even though I was told the higher floor was full as it was saved for SPG members with higher status than my status. Evidently they reserve rooms on the higher floors for their higher level members. It was even 7 PM yet, and I was taken aback a little that she said they had no other rooms available higher than the 4th floor. I asked not to be on the lower floors where the teenagers were staying as they had a young person conference going on at this hotel. After 2-3 minutes, the desk agent finally gave me a room on the 6th floor stating something to the effect of “I just hope this member is not upset I gave his room away or maybe I will be off shift by the time he checks in”. I was glad to get the room but thought the statement she made was a bit unprofessional. She was very courteous, however. But a statement that I felt a poor choice.
The room was nice and reminded me much of the Aloft hotel in Charleston. Different, but also similar in a way. The only thing I disliked about the room was they have those container pumps on the wall of the tub/shower that dispense liquid soap and shampoo etc. I am not a fan of these type of dispensers for showers when used in a public environment. Yes I fully realize I use them daily when I wash my hands in the restroom at work, but I just do not like the shampoo ones in the shower. But, that’s me.
The bed was super comfy and the sheets clean and fresh. The room seemed spic and span. The tv had a great picture. The room was quiet and did not hear my neighbors. I did not use the pool or onsite restaurant so I cannot comment. The parking was ample, well lit and I felt very safe in the parking area when I parked after dark after going to grab some food at a nearby restaurant. All in all, a nice enjoyable stay. The location is very close to the airport ... maybe just a mile or two down the road, but I seldom heard any planes at all. I think the Raleigh Durham airport is not as busy as other major airports. There were some fast food establishments nearby but any drug store or supermarket was more than just a few miles away. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Rooms. Stay your way with the modern amenities you expect and the style you want in one of our 105 spacious guestrooms. Wind down in front of a 32-inch TV with a hot cup of coffee or tea and get a great night's sleep on our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed. Connect to the Internet for free and enjoy free bottled water every day. And if you need to take care of business, there's a large workspace for you too. Delicious Meals.Join us in Spinner's Bar & Grille, open from 6 am to 11am for breakfast and 5pm to 11pm for dinner. Relax in our lobby lounge for light snacks and a local craft beer with Best Brews. In-room dining is also available for breakfast and dinner. All the extras you'll love. Our 24-hour gym is available at any time- with free weights and cardio machines with individual cable TVs. Prefer a little relaxation? Go for a swim in our beautiful indoor heated pool. Space to meet: For a meeting, wedding or any special event, we have 4,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space that can accommodate 300 attendees. All meeting rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi and are equipped to meet your AV needs. We also offer catering services and a full business center. Rewarding Stays: Loyalty counts. Four Points by Sheraton is part of Starwood Preferred Guest,(R) the world's leading loyalty program. SPG(R) members earn Starpoints(R) with every eligible stay and no blackout dates on Free Night Awards at more than 940 Starwood hotels and resorts across 93 countries. Great rates, great hotels. That's Four Points. The real deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport
- Four Points By Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport Hotel Morrisville