“Excellent BBQ and sauce”
Review of Smokey's BBQ Shack

Smokey's BBQ Shack
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in Morrisville
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very good BBQ with good serving sizes and a spicy BBQ sauce with perfect heat. Certainly one of the best BBQ joints in North Carolina.

There are newer reviews for Smokey's BBQ Shack

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was expected knock your socks off BBQ, but it was average, my husband and I can do a better job. My husband actually got sick from it and could not keep it down, so we won't be eating here again.

1  Thank Thomasina H
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visiting family and decided to try Smokey's BBQ Shack. One of the best BBQ I've ever had. The place is very small, and you order and take it to your own table. We ordered the sampler plate to try a little bit of everything. The brisket was awesome. The pulled pork and chicken were as well. Wings were really spiced up with rub, and tasted great. The ice tea was fresh brewed. That was a plus for me. Cole slaw was very good, and the baked beans were a medley of different beans, which was a nice touch. If you are ever in the Morrisville, NC area check this place out. You won't be disappointed. Very reasonably priced. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Authentic BBQ! The pulled pork was out of this world - savory, moist and delicious! The hush puppies just added to the meal and some of the best Sweet Tea I've ever had! Can't wait to return every time I'm in town.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I liked the atomosphere in this restaurant far better than I liked the food. I love BBQ in general and since I have been in NC I have been to 5-6 BBQ joints looking for something to stand out. This was not the place. Their pulled chicken was the best thing on the plate - and it wasn't even on MY plate. I purchased the sampler - it came with brisket, pulled pork, wings, a rib and a side. The brisket was good but had little smoke surprisingly. I didn't care for the rub on the wings. I guess I'm still looking for a saucy wing. The pulled pork was okay but just average. Again it was a great atmostphere and okay BBQ. Everone's preference is different than my own so give it a try and see what YOU thinkl.