“Outstanding Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tobacco Road Tours

Tobacco Road Tours
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Morrisville
More attraction details
Owner description: The Triangle area's only daily walking/motorized guided tour operator, Tobacco Road Tours offers packaged tours to Historic Durham, Historic Raleigh, Piedmont Wine Country,Raleigh Haunted Footsteps Ghost, Pub Crawl & Haunted Adventure Tours, Raleigh City of Oaks Historic Walking Tour and our Curriculum Driven Student Living History Walking Tour. Additionally, TRT works with corporate clients to deliver great team building, award/incentive programs & much more. Key words: Nightlife in Raleigh Durham, things to do in Raleigh Durham, nightlife, tours, educational tours, lifelong learner, pub crawl, bar crawl, ghost, paranormal, haunted tour, sightseeing, relocation services, corporate services in Raleigh, company team building, family reunion, event planning, meeting planning, transportation.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We are empty nesters who have visited over 90% of the “good old USA”. We have had average tours, good tours, and “I can’t’ wait to get off of this van” tours. Last week, however, we had the pleasure to experience an outstanding, private tour of Raleigh and Durham with Brad from Tobacco Road Tours. Brad was informative, entertaining and extremely knowledgeable! He spoke of North Carolina’s rich history and cultural heritage and diversity like a seasoned history professor, but he flavored the lesson with a sense of humor. He offered thought-provoking “scandalous”, amusing tidbits about Durham and Raleigh that one would never find in the history books – they were hilarious. He even added Duke University’s football and basketball stadiums to the tour for my husband. We had an excellent tour and a fun day with Brad. He represents the tour guide profession at its best.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Spectacular Side of Raleigh - Haunted Ghost Tour of the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The evening was perfect, the sun setting and meeting on the Court House steps facing the foregone remnants of what use to be a grand hotel. Our tour-guide, Brad was AWESOME! He took us through the streets of Raleigh stopping a several buildings (some gave off a vibe as you approached, not knowing that he was going to stop and talk about that particular site) and then on to the old city graveyard when dusk then full darkness came over us. We ended the tour in the darkened (yet well-lit) courtyard where public punishments were once rendered. Fantastic Tour... be sure to express your gratitude with a tip for the Guide at the end :)

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great tour knowledgeable tour guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

my wife & I cook this tour in July of 2014 and it was absolutely great experience I would highly recommend it to anyone. I have to say we were lucky that it was just the two of us on the tour but it certainly was a fantastic 3 hours a lot of history and a lot of great sights to see in Raleigh.

Ile-de-France, France
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“'NatuRaleigh' Fantastic Tour ! Bravo !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I 've travelled extensively around the world and have taken several tours. My first time in The USA, I'm in Raleigh for three months where I discovered Tobacco Road Tours and decided to try them. I took a tour called NatuRaleigh and didn't know what to expect.Actually I was surprised how amazing the whole experience was. I enjoyed wonderful sightseeing and architecture, beautiful Pullen Park, fascinating Mordecai story and America's 17th President Andrew Johnson's birthplace. The timing was good and enabled to discover the amazing JCRaulston Arboretum and the Nature Research Center with its unique theater presenting spectacular scenes from nature and enabled to observe “science in action” through floor-to-ceiling glass walls. Included in the tour experience was an amazing stop at a cool exceptional hotdog restaurant (The special hotdog was delicious ). What a treat to try the legendary Cherry Bounce drink on this tour too ! Our guide Brad is excellent, a great story teller with a sense of enjoyment. He assured that everyone was having an impressive memorable experience ! If you're looking to a complete Raleigh experience, then the NatuRaleigh tour is for you !

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Had a lovely time with the tour guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My friends and I went on the haunted pub crawl as a lark, and we had the best time. Our tour guide Hannah was filled with many interesting anecdotes about the old city of Raleigh, and she even took our group to the City Cemetery, which was a very spooky site. She made sure that everyone was having a good time and we all felt very taken care of. I'm a local of Raleigh, but I've already recommended the tour to several people. Thanks for a memorable evening!

Visited June 2014