“The Best Customer Service Ever Recieved”

Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I made my reservation about two weeks before I actually stayed. Lexie made my reservation. She was very personable on the phone. She anticipated my needs by asking the right questions in advance. She asked if I was a Priority Club member, and the nature of my stay.
She advised me that I was staying on the right day of the week and preceded to inform me all about thier Wednesday's Managers Reception. The over all tone of the reservation process made me glad I had chosen this Hotel. Upon arrival I had the pleasure of being checked in by Lexie. She actually remembered making my reservation and recalled the conversation we had. Lexie truely epitomizes the phrase Excellent Guest Service. Overall the entire staff I came into contact with was friendly and accommodating. I will reccommend this hotel to Family, friends, co workers and strangers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol P

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here on a very low AAA rate Fri-Sun. Arrived very late (after 3 AM) so check-in was a breeze. The room itself was very small but very clean. The bathroom was in great shape. However, the bed felt as if one was sleeping on a piece of plywood. It had very little cushioning, and is probably the worst mattress I've had in any hotel.

Even with the low price, I'm not sure I would return here. There were many other hotels in the same area with similar rates.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear thegov2k2,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. It's good to know that you appreciate the efficiency of our check-in process. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with your mattress. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Booked this place based on TA reviews. I was not disappointed. Location is perfect for airport, enough places to eat that were walking distance and the hotel provides free shuttle.

Physcial plant is immaculate, outdoor pool is a delight, super breakfast thrown in each morning, Lexie at the front desk is as sweet in person as she is on the phone.

Staff cannot do too much to make you comfy. Rooms are well appoinyed, new beds, flat panel TVs, free internet, well cooled, showed head was super and water pressure powerful. From check in to check out, could not have been happier. A must stay if you are flying or driving to RDU.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Facetime4me
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The Holiday Inn Express is minutes away from the Raleigh Durham Airport. Our reception there was friendly and efficient. Indeed, all the staff we encountered were very friendly

Our room was large, with a comfortable king bed. The room was clean. The linens were fresh and clean. The bathroom was modern, all the fixtures worked well and it was very clean. It had a microwave oven and a refrigerator. It was very quiet even with planes flying overhead.

They have a well-equipped exercise room and an outdoor pool. Free internet access is available in each room that worked well. There was a small "business center" with a computer that we did not utilize

The breakfast was adequate, but not a reason to stop there.

Overall, it was a good place to stay, primarily because of its convenience to the airport. It is a ways from either downtown Raleigh or Durham.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank swj
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was in the Raleigh area for 3 nights on business in Raleigh and Chapel Hill. This hotel is very convenient to where I needed to be, the airport and places to eat.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were attending a graduation at NC State with an extended family group requiring 4 rooms, and this hotel was just perfect. Our family didn't arrive until 1:30a.m., but my son had already checked us in and the front desk had our keys ready for us with no hassle other than telling them who we were. Traveling with little kids this really helped us get into our rooms and put the little ones in bed very quickly. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable. Bathroom amenties are great.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, cereal, biscuits, muffins, and pre-made omelets that weren't awful.

This hotel was only about ten minutes from the PNC Arena where the graduation was held, so that was convenient for us as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank maggie941
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Arrived in the p.m. at RDU and needed an overnight hotel. Chose the HI Express near the airport and both my wife and I were pleased. Counter lady - Lexi was very friendly and helpful. I inadvertently misplaced something and called the hotel from a local restaurant and the manager even went outside to see if the article was there - all staff very friendly. Rooms clean and typical efficient Holiday Inn Express rooms. Morning free breakfast was warm foods and choice of cereals, various pastries, etc. Again, food service staff very friendly and helpful. Clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed and reasonable rate - will choose this hotel without hesitation if travelling through Raleigh/Durham Airport again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family