“Really noisey but don't get the corporate price”

Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Warrenton, Virginia, United States
“Really noisey but don't get the corporate price”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The pros of this property are that it is close the airport and to Cisco's HQ which is why I was there. The lady who ran the breakfast buffet in the mornings was extremely friendly and helfpul and actually cared about her job. The hot breakfast was not bad for hotel food and it had many options. The only cons I would say is that you really hear the airport noise. You are right in the flight path. Also, I think with the size of the rooms, that the noise level, the rates should be a bit lower. There are other hotels literally on that same street (4 others to my count). When I go back, I think I will try a different property based on proximity to Cisco HQ's and the noise level. There is a Wingate Inn which offers much cheaper rates. Heck, I got the discounted Cisco rate, but had I done my research, I think I would been better off with the Trip Advisor rate of $75 or less per night. Do I feel shafted or what? Also, I asked my initial front desk clerk Samir?? for a top floor quiet room and he gave me sort of a smart aleck response. I did not appreciate that.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little noisy due to the airport traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Michael D,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We believe our guest service distinguishes us among the hotels near RDU Airport and I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience with our staff. We will certainly take your other feedback into consideration and hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to the area. Thank you again for your review.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I liked everything about my recent stay - from the airport shuttle service with complimentary snacks and beverages - to the friendly and helpful staff at the front desk and breakfast bar - to the comfortable and clean rooms. Only nit-picky items were there was no ATM onsite and an electrical outlet closer to the iron/closet would be nice. Really a great overall value and I plan to stay here again on my next business trip to the area!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Very convenient to the airport with shuttle service. Clean serviceable rooms with microwave and fridge. Breakfast is adequate with good variety. Very professional, friendly and helpful staff, especially Ms, O'Donahugh. Remarkably quiet considering it is right under the airport approach.
Good Indian restaurant a short walk away.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Good choice for a motel near to RDU airport. Sits among a bunch of other motels in a sort of motel village. Very clean rooms and staff are all very polite and eager to please. Used the free shuttle mini-van on trips to and from airport. Right on time and only 5 minutes from check-in. OK to leave your car at the motel with no charge. (I think up to 14 days, but check) Planes coming in to land can be a nuisance until late at night but what are you going to do if you need a room near to an airport? Other motels next door rates were higher. This was best value. Will stay here again. No problem.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
boston
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I needed an overnight stay close to the airport for a morning flight. This was a perfect location and offered prompt shuttle service to both the car rental the evening I checked in and again to the airport terminal in the morning.

Check in was a breeze and I was greeted warmly by the woman at the front desk (wish I had her name!). The room was a bit small, but like I expected, it was clean, updated, had a great bed, tv and bathroom. Breakfast was nice the next morning and was available before I got there at 5:30 am.

Even better was the low rate (less than $70). I'd stay again if I needed a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank where2gonexttime
NJ
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

The place is ok, the in room airconditioner was very loud. The breakfast was very bad. I asked if there was gravy for rhe buiscuits n she said yea i need a can opener and i dont have one, she says this while walking away. Another place that just doesnt seem to csre about repeat business.

• Stayed August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I made my reservation about two weeks before I actually stayed. Lexie made my reservation. She was very personable on the phone. She anticipated my needs by asking the right questions in advance. She asked if I was a Priority Club member, and the nature of my stay.
She advised me that I was staying on the right day of the week and preceded to inform me all about thier Wednesday's Managers Reception. The over all tone of the reservation process made me glad I had chosen this Hotel. Upon arrival I had the pleasure of being checked in by Lexie. She actually remembered making my reservation and recalled the conversation we had. Lexie truely epitomizes the phrase Excellent Guest Service. Overall the entire staff I came into contact with was friendly and accommodating. I will reccommend this hotel to Family, friends, co workers and strangers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business