“Paper thin walls and ceilings!”

Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The check-in process and room were fine. The walls are ridiculously thin, can hear everything next door and above us. The Russian Army must be above us wrestling and pacing back and forth - this has been going on for two+ hours. We've called three times to complain, but no relief. Won't come back here again and will try to request a refund.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GuestCritic
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear GuestCritic,

Thank you for your feedback. While I'm happy to hear you had a smooth check-in process and enjoyed your room, we apologize for any inconvenience and want to help make this right. Please reach out to me at the number below and I would be glad to speak further. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to give you a great stay in the future.

(434) 822-2161

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My flight was cancelled out of RDU due to the large winter storm that moved through the area. The options for lodging were scarce and filling up fast. I called the Staybridge from the airport and was able to reserve one of the last rooms they had available and even when a lot of the other hotels in the area had shut donw running shuttles, they made sure I had a ride from the airport.

The accomodations were supurb and the staff went way above and beyond for those of us who were stranded. They provided free pizza and beer in the evenings because no one could go anywhere. They ran a special shuttle to the airport the next day so I could get my luggage back from my cancelled flight.

I can't say enough about the hospitality that the staff here displayed. When I return to North Carolina, I will stay at the Staybridge again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jmcdermott
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear jmcdermott,

Thanks for your review and we hope you were able to get home without too much trouble once the worst of the storm passed! I'm delighted that you found our guest service excellent and we're grateful for your kind words and 5-star ratings across the board. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Loved this property. As i travel often i get to see what the world has to offer and with this property you cant really go wrong. The staff was GREAT! and the breakfast wasnt bad either...may i suggest an asian night instead of the generic pizza? I loved the 2 bedroom suites that i was upgraded to. It was huge for just me but it was very comfortable. The marble/granite counter tops was definitely a nice feature. I heard they have a gym here but i never used it. Only set back is they do not have a pool or a hottube...have one of those and this would be a perfect hotel!! the carpet design is one of the best i have seen in a hotel. the brown and blue colors are very pleasing. overall i give this hotel 5 stars!!

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention the house keeping staff...very pleasant and they are great at their job! I wish i had them with me for other hotels i have stayed at in other countries!

Room Tip: Try the 2 bedroom suite!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Markus T,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel and are very happy to hear you enjoyed it so much! It's great to read we succeeded in providing excellent service during your visit & we're thankful for all of your kind words, as well as your suggestion for our dinners. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next trip to the RDU area!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and took good care of my needs. I found everything fine . As a vegetarian I did have challenges and thats an area which should be looked into.The bfast was hot and good. Could have some more veggie options as well and some options for Lactose intolerant people.

• Stayed: December 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Kartik V,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites and are happy you had an enjoyable stay and found our guest service excellent! We appreciate your feedback regarding adding more vegetarian options and will discuss it as we aim to improve our offerings in the future. Otherwise, thank you again for your high ratings and review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We recently planned on staying here for two nights at the end of last year. We flew in from Oklahoma and arrived in the early evening around 7PM and there was no one at the front desk to check us in. We waited for 10 minutes before someone showed up. When checking in, my husband double checked, as he always does, to make sure they have put a baby crib in our room per our reservation request. She told him that she didn't see a request for a crib, she quickly looked in the office behind the front desk, informed him that she saw no cribs back there....and it was left as, "tough luck". Where is my one year old daughter supposed to sleep? We went to our "suite" hoping to see a kind sized bed so maybe we could manage to co-sleep with her in between us, but nope....we were greeted with a rather small room that was carved into a "suite" and it had full sized bed. They claim it is a queen sized bed, but we sleep on a queen sized bed at our home, and this was smaller than that. I was very disappointed in general because we had been staying in a Candlewood Suites (also owned by the parent company of Staybridge Suites/Holiday Inn) and that hotel, while considered a lower end hotel type in their fleet of hotels, had a suite that was considerably larger than this one (although the bed was the same size). This Staybridge suite didn't even have a full sized refrigerator, for instance. They didn't really have a proper table at which to eat (if you were able to cook in the kitchen). The bathroom sink area is separate from the bathtub/toilet area and not enclosed by a door, so if someone is getting ready in the morning before the other person is out of bed, they will be woken up by the sounds from the sink area....like when a person dries their hair. This wasn't the case at the Candlewood Suites where the bathroom had the bathtub, toilet and sink all in one enclosed room. Staybridge did have 3 of everything in the kitchen (3 plates, 3 bowls, 3 glasses, 3 forks etc.) whereas Candlewood only had 2 of everything. For the crib situation, what we ended up doing was going over to the Holiday Inn Express hotel which shares the parking lot with Staybridge, and we booked our second night with them (and canceled the room for our 2nd night at Staybridge) and asked if we could borrow their portable baby crib to use at Staybridge (after all this is their sister hotel)....which they were happy to do. My husband wheeled the baby bed across the parking lot to our Staybridge room, and then he rolled it back over to the Holiday Inn Express the next morning for our stay there. It would have been nice if the front desk clerk at the Staybridge Suites had done this for us, but she seemed to be poorly trained at best. She certainly could have used some extra help as it seemed like she was there all by herself...and she didn't know where they kept their baby cribs. It's a beautiful new hotel...the lobby is wonderful. The breakfast was nice. Everything else was sub-par. Not honoring a request for a baby bed is unacceptable. As a military family stationed over seas, we travel A LOT and this has never happened before or since, in the USA or in Europe. This hotel needs to get it's act together!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need a baby bed or like a queen sized or larger bed. It would be perfect...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank oubandmom
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear oubandmom,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your stay and I'd like to sincerely apologize that it fell short of your expectations. Our staff should have done more to accommodate you and your child and our team will be sure to discuss your feedback promptly in order to better handle similar situations in the future. If you'd like to discuss your visit further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below so we can help make this right. However, I am glad you found our look beautiful & rated our cleanliness highly, and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I used to stay at the Hyatt House and this week I decided to stay here and try it out. The service, good and clean room and a good hot breakfast all amazing. The people at front desk, housekeeping and the lady at breakfast took really good care of me. I Will definitely repeat.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Saldibarj
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Saldibarj,

Thank you for giving us a try and I'm delighted to read that you had a great stay all-around! It's also great to hear we succeeded in providing a home away from home for you and that our staff was able to help you out with all of your needs. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed at many IHG Hotels around the US and this is one of my favorites, and possibly my top choice. Even for a short stay, it is much nicer to rent a place where I can cook my own meal if I want. They offer food and free Happy Hour Tues-Thurs. After a long day of working, it is nice to unwind with their offerings. Every time I fly into Raleigh, I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank driby
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear driby,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay and are flattered to rank as one of your favorite IHG experiences! I'm glad to hear your in-suite kitchen was really convenient for your needs, as well as our evening receptions. Thanks again for your comments and we'll see you the next time you're in town!