“Nice, roomy & well equiped”

Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My entire experience here was very positive, accept upon arrival. When I first arrived, I had to drive around all the parking lots here as there was no parking space at all, and based upon people I see, I was beginning to think that most of the parking is being used for airport travel as well.
Upon entering the hotel to check in and dealing with the front desk clerk, I was shocked that she paused to yell 3 times at hotel patrons for walking on the recently mopped floors in the kitchen and reception area... I thought she was going to walk over there and hand them a punishment.... These are patrons and not your children at home!
Aside from this, I would not let my total review of the property side to this single event, as this is very nice and I would come back again

Room Tip: If you are a family with children, room 204 was amazing
1  Thank EWBrown
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear EWBrown,

Thank you for reviewing your visit at our Staybridge Suites. While I'm glad to hear you had a good visit overall, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at parking & check-in - our team will discuss your comments in order to help provide friendly, effective service. Otherwise, we're glad you loved your suite and hope to see you the next time you're in Morrisville! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room overall was OK, not worth the price, but it is what it is. Here's the really bad news. They allow smoking in this hotel and if you're not a smoker, you are in for one terrible smelly night. The stench is tremendous. It gets better. The staff, when informed, that I needed a room that was non smoking was uninterested and gave me the excuse that because I booked by a third party (Expedia/Priceline) that you get what you get. I got a hold of the manager (Shauna) who then insisted that I booked a smoking room and that it was my fault. She became combative told me that she wasn't going to listen to anything because it wasn't her problem nor her fault. She did change my room but only after I repeatedly complained. She actually came to my room and continued on with the "You shouldn't of booked a smoking room" routine. Definitely not star management conduct. The new room still had a cigarette smell to it even though it was "non-smoking". I don't book Staybridge Suites and I thought I would give them a try. It was listed as a three star, though 2 1/2 may be more in line. I travel 2 to 3 weeks out of the month and I guess I am just more accustomed to a higher quality service. I have had to deal with smoking rooms before, though not anytime in the recent past, and 1. I am always asked prior to being given one. 2. If I was not asked, I have been switched immediately after being apologized to profusely. I would truly be wary of any hotel that still allows smoking anymore as it makes a statement about their commitment to quality and concern for the patrons' comfort and well being. The staff truly did make if feel like a $39.99 a night establishment. I would not recommend and will not be staying at a Staybridge Suites again. Period. I don't normally say that about most hotels as I understand you can and will have a bad day from time to time. This hotel was enough for me to just say no to Staybridge.

Room Tip: You better be a smoker or you're going to hate yourself for staying here. If you are a smoker...
1  Thank michellep p
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear michellep p,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Staybridge Suites. We are sincerely sorry that our staff did not provide you with the level of service our guests expect and deserve during your visit. Our main goal is to ensure all of our guests are well-accommodated, smoking and non-smoking, and apologize that you were not assigned to a new room in a friendlier and more efficient manner.

We take pride in keeping all guest rooms as clean as possible and will share your feedback with our housekeeping team. As a non-smoker myself, I understand the importance of a smoke-free environment, and we will work harder to provide pristine accommodations.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to contact me at the number below. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you the great stay you and all of our guests expect.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great experience with check in stay and check out.
Coming in it was fast and efficient. Warm breakfast and evening buffet that will provide 2 full meals a day.
The room is clean and laundry is also well kept..
Outside area great to relax after work.
Room is big enough and cleaning services efficient.

Location is only 5 mins from airport and 10 mins from RDP.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor as the lower floors have a damp smell.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear chow tien w,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites and are delighted to hear we were able to take care of all of your needs during your visit! I'm happy to read you found your suite spacious and clean and you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer. Thanks again for your praise and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in the RDU area!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very lovely place to stay while on vacation. This was a 2 bed-room suite with a bathroom in each bedroom, kitchen and living room. Very nicely decorated and very clean bathrooms. Free breakfast was a bonus.

We plan to stay whenever in the area on vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Mae A,

Thank you for leaving a review and we hope you enjoyed your vacation! I'm glad you found your suite clean and spacious and found our complimentary breakfast an extra perk. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in the Raleigh-Durham area! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere here. There was a managers hour going on when I arrived. Free food and wine. People hanging out in the lobby and outside patio area eating and having a great time.
Decor is pretty. Sofas comfy.
Front desk clerks with outstanding customer service skills and phone etiquette.
Rooms are big and roomy. I felt like I was in an apartment instead of a hotel room.
Only drawback - rooms are numbered goofy. I was in room 231. The room across the hall was 218. It was a little confusing but honestly it's not that big of a deal. Once you find your room you won't care. It's a great place to stay and I hope I get the chance to do so again.

• Stayed: May 2014
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Dialygal,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel - I'm delighted to hear you found our atmosphere excellent and had a spacious, comfortable stay! It's also great to read that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and you enjoyed our manager's reception. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in town! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

First time staying at this particular Staybridge and it met our expectations very well. Considering that the place was fully booked for graduation weekend, our room was very quiet and we noticed only occasional noise from the nearby airport. Breakfast was good, staff friendly, room clean and conveniently appointed. Wireless worked well, and when there was an issue with the printer in the hotel's business center, one of the staff resolved the problem very quickly. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear MomME50,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites and are happy you had a comfortable, quiet stay even though it was a busy weekend! It's also great to hear you found our staff helpful and friendly and we're thankful for your high ratings across the board. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the RDU area!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here at this recently renovated hotel and the accommodations were fantastic. The two bedroom suite was clean, comfortable and fresh smelling. The breakfast bar in the morning was clean and the items were fresh. We enjoyed the fireplace outside in the evenings and the shuttle took us everywhere in reason. This is the second time I have stayed at this property for work and I look to my next stay. Thank you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear 67strauss,

Thanks for your review & we're delighted to hear you enjoyed our refreshed look, as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and other amenities we offer! I'm also happy you could take advantage of our local area shuttle. Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in the area!